-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Mod Discussion
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mod Discussion  (Read 3100 times)
Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:59:32 AM »

Hi All:

I hope it's alright for me to bring some attention back to a thread that was started by the Mods back in 2012:  http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14547.0.html

I thought there were some good ideas contributed by both the mods and other posters and I was wondering if anyone was interested in re-visiting this.  As someone that's not a big contributor to the board I hope it's not out of line for me to do this- I just got the impression that not too many people were visiting the "Welcome to Smiley Smile" sub forum, and wanted to point people in that direction, as my most recent post there could easily go unnoticed.  Thanks! I look forward to hearing from people

-Sam
Jason
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 09:11:10 AM »

Well, the thread hasn't been closed, so there's no reason people can't post in it. Maybe the members just don't have any questions for us. Smiley
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »

When I saw "Mod" in the subject line I was expecting at least some discussion on scooters, shaggy haircuts, and tight-fitting clothes.  Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:20:31 AM »

Same here, LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 09:46:57 AM »

When I saw "Mod" in the subject line I was expecting at least some discussion on scooters, shaggy haircuts, and tight-fitting clothes.  Grin

You are funny!  LOL

Rather than worry about organization, one of the challenges might be to make it more user-friendly.  It seems that people fear posting here, with the huge "pounce" factor and, frankly the "snark" factor (which many of us [myself included] might be guilty of, even if it arises from genuine passionate, well-formed opinions.)

Lots more "lurkers" might join the discussion if they thought they didn't have to be "initiated" by fire.  

With all this talk about "fandom," one of the funniest examples of a fan experience is on the very clever "Nanny" Season 1, Episode 20 entitled "Ode to Barbra Joan." (Streisand)

It is about 25 minutes.  And we see Fran collect LP's, see Barbra's movies, etc., and provides a funny place to put this commonality, and laugh at ourselves.  Nothing wrong with some happy fandom. The world is a nicer place when we are so inspired by art and music.

"Seeing Barbra in person, in the front row" and she faints...

Robert Culp guest stars. Enjoy!   Wink

« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:51:23 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 11:10:54 AM »

OK, but I would actually like to have a conversation about The Small Faces, target shirts, and Northern soul.
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:32 AM »

When I saw "Mod" in the subject line I was expecting at least some discussion on scooters, shaggy haircuts, and tight-fitting clothes.  Grin

well, are you a "mod" or a "rocker"?

LOL

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »

I'm a "Mocker".

Ringo Starr - 1964

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:02 PM »

Same here, LOL

Got me as well.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:17:18 PM »

I was getting ready for a deep discussion on Quadrophenia, and Pete Townshend and The Who.  Cool

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 06:39:58 AM »

There are "mods"

and there is Mod.  Afro

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: