gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681102 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 02:36:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike and his second wife  (Read 9795 times)
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 06:29:56 AM »

Some of you fanboys are crazy! When one of your heroes beats women, all you say is "This is none of our business"? Blinded by fandom.

When someone *is accused* in *one notoriously inaccurate book* of having attacked his wife forty years ago, and we have *absolutely no way of verifying the truth or otherwise of that claim*, then yes, it is none of our business.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 08:16:50 AM »

Some of you fanboys are crazy! When one of your heroes beats women, all you say is "This is none of our business"? Blinded by fandom.

I think the majority of posters avoiding the OP's subject is proof enough that they agree said subject is:

1) none of their business

2) a pantload of it

Remember, there are two sides to a story

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
goodtimer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »

Alpha as f***, glad to see finally one divorce goes in favor of the man
Like that woman had any money
Mike got all of his things back and his children, Mike gave them the life a lot of parents wish they gave to their children, famous iconic dad, money, best uncles ever, etc.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 11:57:16 AM »

His wife got to keep the cigarettes.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 01:06:09 PM »

His wife got to keep the cigarettes.
LOL LOL LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
dwtherealbb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2013, 01:22:06 PM »

ok maybe my original post wasn't very good so let me clarify. It just seems like a terrible psychological experience to be married to a famous lead singer of a group that was at the time the most popular in the country at the age of 17 and live in a house that cost "three gold records" and then have it all be taken away from you by the time you're 22.

Nicko1234
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »

ok maybe my original post wasn't very good so let me clarify. It just seems like a terrible psychological experience to be married to a famous lead singer of a group that was at the time the most popular in the country at the age of 17 and live in a house that cost "three gold records" and then have it all be taken away from you by the time you're 22.

Some marriages don't work out...

When Marilyn married Brian she probably wasn't banking on him being attracted to her younger sister and later having a lengthy affair with her older sister. If you want to read about the band members' behaviour towards women then I believe Jack Lloyd wrote a charming book all about it...

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2013, 01:55:31 PM »

When Marilyn married Brian she probably wasn't banking on him being attracted to her younger sister and later having a lengthy affair with her older sister. If you want to read about the band members' behaviour towards women then I believe Jack Lloyd wrote a charming book all about it...

For Mike, 4 (or is it 5?) marriages didn't work out. Humm........ Wife #5/6 seems pretty sharp!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:01:13 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Nicko1234
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »

For Mike, 5 marriages didn't work out. Humm........ Wife #6 seems pretty sharp!

Wife #5 probably knew exactly what she was getting. A rich shagger. She seems happy enough with that.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 02:39:42 PM by Nicko1234 » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2013, 02:02:59 PM »

For Mike, 5 marriages didn't work out. Humm........ Wife #6 seems pretty sharp!

He's 'only' on his fifth marriage.

That said, that marriage has lasted 19 years, significantly longer than the first four put together, so presumably whatever he was doing wrong in the past he's not doing now.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2013, 02:23:08 PM »

The amount of money Mike must be spending on ex-wives is making my head spin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Yorick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2013, 02:30:03 PM »

When someone *is accused* in *one notoriously inaccurate book* of having attacked his wife forty years ago, and we have *absolutely no way of verifying the truth or otherwise of that claim*, then yes, it is none of our business.

Where there's smoke...
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »

Where there's smoke...

Yes, yes, you're right, every single accusation ever made against anyone ever must automatically be assumed to be true, without any supporting evidence whatsoever. The correct thing to do is always to believe everything you hear and never to give anyone the benefit of doubt. Guilty until proven innocent!

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

Remember, there are two sides to a story

That's not really true, at least not in the way that you are putting it.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

Dennis Wilson was accused of the exact same thing as Mike Love. In fact, Dennis was once arrested for domestic violence, not just accused of it in a book. Yet people have hero-worshipped Dennis and forgiven him for years. The only people who can "forgive" someone of something like that is the wife or girlfriend involved, along with any kids that came out of the relationship. By all accounts, Mike gets along with his kids, and I'm not sure about that particular wife. I know once of his ex-wives was said to be at one of the reunion shows last year.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2013, 04:02:06 PM »

Ask Mike if he ever got along with Shawn, much less take full accountability for her being on Earth.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Nicko1234
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2013, 04:12:07 PM »

Ask Mike if he ever got along with Shawn, much less take full accountability for her being on Earth.

When you've had as many kids as Mike there's bound to be one or two you forget about. Thankfully Dennis was on hand to marry and impregnate his relation though...
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »

Dennis Wilson was accused of the exact same thing as Mike Love. In fact, Dennis was once arrested for domestic violence, not just accused of it in a book. Yet people have hero-worshipped Dennis and forgiven him for years. The only people who can "forgive" someone of something like that is the wife or girlfriend involved, along with any kids that came out of the relationship. By all accounts, Mike gets along with his kids, and I'm not sure about that particular wife. I know once of his ex-wives was said to be at one of the reunion shows last year.
I think Dennis' ugly decline is well documented and not in dispute. Neither is the magic he made musically before his downfall.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:44:12 AM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2013, 04:44:24 PM »

Does alimony and child support go on forever? Was it ever confirmed that Shawn was actually Mike's kid? You know DNA tested, not old fashioned still not sure bloodtyped.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:54:33 PM by Cam Mott » Logged

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »

If I remember correctly (and I may not be), I think it was determined that it was possible that Shawn was Mike's daughter, but it couldn't confirmed.
Nicko1234
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2013, 05:03:37 PM »

I think Dennis' ugly decline is well documented and not in dispute. Neithrrr is the magic he made musically before his downfall.

Ah, so if Mike wrote a song that you liked he could send suggestive emails to anyone he wanted could he?  Wink
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »

If I remember correctly (and I may not be), I think it was determined that it was possible that Shawn was Mike's daughter, but it couldn't confirmed.

But isn't the kind of testing done 50 years ago [or whatever it was] like your blood type and her blood type do not rule out that you and 3 million other men might be her father. Was modern testing done?  Apologies to anyone offended by discussing this.

Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »

Does alimony and child support go on forever?

No, child support only goes on until the child turns 18, although I think in some cases a settlement can be granted for post-secondary education. Standard alimony is only for 5 years, and can be revoked (at least in the state where I grew up) if it can be proved to the court that the person receiving the alimony is living with another person or remarries. So, at this point, Mike shouldn't owe any former Mrs. Love any child support or alimony.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2013, 06:21:35 PM »

Does alimony and child support go on forever?

No, child support only goes on until the child turns 18, although I think in some cases a settlement can be granted for post-secondary education. Standard alimony is only for 5 years, and can be revoked (at least in the state where I grew up) if it can be proved to the court that the person receiving the alimony is living with another person or remarries. So, at this point, Mike shouldn't owe any former Mrs. Love any child support or alimony.

Thanks. Nor has he for decades yet that old saw still persists.

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 12:52:17 AM »

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx