gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:21:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 93663 times)
jeremylr
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: June 05, 2013, 11:15:59 PM »

You're more than welcome, Ziggy.

John Manning... I don't think Brian is working on two albums simultaneously. Mark Lindsay was referring to the fact that if Brian decides to not include their collaboration on his forthcoming album, there's always the next solo album on down the road. Of course, assuming that Brian keeps recording. Sorry for any confusion.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2013, 12:59:09 AM »

You're more than welcome, Ziggy.

John Manning... I don't think Brian is working on two albums simultaneously. Mark Lindsay was referring to the fact that if Brian decides to not include their collaboration on his forthcoming album, there's always the next solo album on down the road. Of course, assuming that Brian keeps recording. Sorry for any confusion.

Many thanks for the clarification… much appreciated.

“We live in divisive times.”
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 06, 2013, 05:41:11 AM »

I tried to get Lindsay to tell me the title, but he laughed and said he couldn't. He thinks it's part of another, larger song, so there may be a couple of additional writers on it. I pressed him a bit regarding what the song was about. In his words, "If I tell you the lyrics, I'll let the cat out of the bag. But it's a love song about a boy and a girl or about two lovers of any sex for that matter."

So absurd - why did he have to qualify it like that? What a ridiculous PC drenched world we live in.

Anyway, back to enjoying the Beach Boys...
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 06, 2013, 05:54:49 AM »

I tried to get Lindsay to tell me the title, but he laughed and said he couldn't. He thinks it's part of another, larger song, so there may be a couple of additional writers on it. I pressed him a bit regarding what the song was about. In his words, "If I tell you the lyrics, I'll let the cat out of the bag. But it's a love song about a boy and a girl or about two lovers of any sex for that matter."

So absurd - why did he have to qualify it like that? What a ridiculous PC drenched world we live in.

Maybe the song doesn't reference one person with a penis and one person with a vagina, it's just about 2 human beings in love, and therefore his "qualification" was more accurate? It doesn't have to be ridiculous to be more considerate.  Grin

zachrwolfe
« Reply #554 on: June 06, 2013, 05:59:57 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:06:39 PM by zatch » Logged
TimmyC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: June 06, 2013, 06:03:08 AM »

Brian's Facebook:
JUST IN! Brian has returned to Capitol Music Group and is recording and self-producing a new solo studio album at Hollywood’s Ocean Way Studios. Read the complete press release: http://www.brianwilson.com/news/ — in Los Angeles, CA.

bummer.... so much for the Beach Boys rock n' roll album....
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 06, 2013, 06:06:28 AM »

Brian's Facebook:
JUST IN! Brian has returned to Capitol Music Group and is recording and self-producing a new solo studio album at Hollywood’s Ocean Way Studios. Read the complete press release: http://www.brianwilson.com/news/ — in Los Angeles, CA.

bummer.... so much for the Beach Boys rock n' roll album....

Every silver lining has a cloud…    LOL

zachrwolfe
« Reply #557 on: June 06, 2013, 06:08:43 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:06:35 PM by zatch » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 06, 2013, 06:11:53 AM »

I don't read anything there that I don't really like… interesting that BW's talking about live work with Jeff Beck too.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 06, 2013, 06:12:31 AM »

It's was obviously not a beach boys record.

I'm excited to hear what Brian's got up his sleeve

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 06, 2013, 06:31:05 AM »

Beach Boys Legend Has Been
Joined In the Studio by Jeff Beck and Others

Hollywood, California – June 6, 2013 – Beach Boys legend Brian Wilson has returned to Capitol Music Group and he is currently recording and self-producing his 11th solo studio album at Hollywood’s Ocean Way Studios.  Wilson has been joined in the studio by talented friends he personally invited to record with him, including guitar icon Jeff Beck. 

Wilson has also asked his former Beach Boys bandmates Al Jardine and David Marks to join him in the studio, as well as session all-stars Don Was and Jim Keltner.  He has brought in Vinnie Colaiuta and Tal Wilkenfeld, who for several years have toured and recorded as Jeff Beck’s rhythm section, and members of Wilson’s longtime touring band, including Jeffrey Foskett, Scott Bennett, Paul Mertens, Darian Sahanaja, and Probyn Gregory, have also participated in the sessions.

Last year’s Beach Boys 50th anniversary reunion made headlines around the world as one of the year’s top entertainment stories.  The iconic band released their 29th studio album, That’s Why God Made The Radio, which debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 (the group’s best-ever  album chart bow), and embarked on their 50th Anniversary Tour, the band’s first major outing to include Wilson in more than two decades. The sold-out trek took Wilson and his former bandmates The Beach Boys to more than 70 cities around the world, including their first concert at the Hollywood Bowl since 1965, headlining performances at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, and tour-closing concerts at London’s O2 Arena and Royal Albert Hall.

Wilson continued to write new songs throughout The Beach Boys’ whirlwind anniversary year, which also included a GRAMMY® Award win for him for The Beach Boys’ long-awaited SMiLE Sessions release.  He told family, friends, and journalists around the world that he had a rock & roll-driven album in mind, and he looked forward to returning to the studio when he got back home to California. 

“I was really moved by the fans’ excitement about The Beach Boys’ album and tour last year,” says Wilson.  “It charged me up and my head was full of music - I just couldn’t wait to get back into the studio to let it out.”

With rock & roll in mind, Wilson looked to Jeff Beck, a guitar virtuoso named one of the top five players of all time by Rolling Stone and a friend whose music has meant a lot to him over the years.  Wilson says, “When I watched Jeff Beck perform ‘Surf’s Up’ to honor me at the MusiCares Person of the Year event in 2005, I knew I had to find a way to work with him.  He absolutely blew my mind and we’ve been friends ever since.  Jeff’s incredible guitar playing is exactly what I want for my new album and I’m also looking forward to performing live with him soon.” 

Installed at Ocean Way, Wilson and his hand-picked band of friends have taken a fluid, woodshedding approach to the recording process, letting collaborative creativity drive the sessions.  Wilson is working with longtime collaborator Joe Thomas to hone the arrangements, often assembling pieces from various takes.  Details about the album and its release will be shared soon.

Wilson is pleased to once again be working with his team at Capitol Music Group.  “My long relationship with Capitol and the people there means a lot to me,” he says.  “I’m very happy, because the label has grown a lot and I’m working with a great group of people who have welcomed me back to Capitol with good ears and open arms.”

Capitol Music Group chairman and CEO Steve Barnett says, "Brian Wilson is simply one of the most important figures in the history of popular music, and he continues to have a far-reaching and influential impact on our culture.  His contributions to the legacy of Capitol Records are immeasurable, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that he is once again part of the Capitol family and that he is already employing his enormous musical powers to create new music. What a pleasure for me to say, 'Welcome back, Brian'."

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 06, 2013, 06:39:25 AM »

It's was obviously not a beach boys record.

I'm excited to hear what Brian's got up his sleeve

It will be released on Sept 27, instead of Made In California.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
DMBeard_13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: June 06, 2013, 06:43:44 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/article/brian-wilson-s-11th-solo-album-on-its-way

In Music,
David
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 06, 2013, 07:03:59 AM »

This is fantastic news! I cannot wait to hear the music!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #564 on: June 06, 2013, 07:36:53 AM »

This is fantastic news! I cannot wait to hear the music!
You and me both! This is the real deal, man!!!
Dancing Bear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: June 06, 2013, 08:29:19 AM »

Maybe this is silly speculation, but would Brian be working on a new Beach Boys CD if those extra C50 dates had been added last year? Or would he be working on a new solo CD anyway?

I'm fat as a cow oh how'd I ever get this way!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: June 06, 2013, 09:10:13 AM »

Anyway, back to enjoying the Beach Boys...

It's not ridiculous to acknowledge that there are people different than you. And there are gay Beach Boys fans too.
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #567 on: June 06, 2013, 12:21:41 PM »

I understand 'fluid', but can anyone help me out with 'woodshedding'?

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Robert James
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: June 06, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »

I understand 'fluid', but can anyone help me out with 'woodshedding'?

woodshedding means that they are taking it a step above jamming/practicing. In other words, they are mastering the songs. "learning" so to speak, but on a more intense level.

I would let it slide, slide like mercury. silver and quick, poisonous and deadly.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: June 06, 2013, 03:10:25 PM »

Seems pretty obvious to me that this was gonna be the Beach Boys rock 'n roll album that he was talking about last fall. And there was an offer for the guys to make a new album, per Jon Stebbins. And apparently Mike Love (along with Tea Party Johnston) shot it down. Stinks.

But on the other hand, I'm glad to hear new Brian Wilson songs. It was quite a wait from TLOS 'til TWGMTR, just as it's been quite a wait between every solo album of his with new songs. So with a probable year and a half wait between TWGMTR and this new album, that is quite good. I just hope he uses a lot of Al, and also that Brian's voice sounds as good as it did on most of TWGMTR.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx