gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680877 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:23:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 94306 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2013, 11:59:04 AM »

No one's saying anything about them being all about their "genius frontman", and I doubt anyone would deny that the band was and is bigger than any one man, except for Brianistas.

Well, there is no doubt that Brian without Mike would have been quite successful.  Mike without Brian would be selling BMWs in La Habra

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2013, 12:00:25 PM »

Cam, it was a reference to OSD's suggestion you attend all of this year's M&B shows. That's the reference. A take off on that.

Back to topic, I wonder who is driving the drip-drip-drip of photos/information on these sessions. It certainly fires up the fan base and leads to wild speculation. Which is why we speculate upon the elephant in the room, Mike.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2013, 12:01:51 PM »

Cam, it was a reference to OSD's suggestion you attend all of this year's M&B shows. That's the reference. A take off on that.

Back to topic, I wonder who is driving the drip-drip-drip of photos/information on these sessions. It certainly fires up the fan base and leads to wild speculation. Which is why we speculate upon the elephant in the room, Mike.

I apologize to you then.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jason
« Reply #253 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:13 PM »

You'd better be careful when it comes to pictures of Brian. You never know who might not want you looking at them!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2013, 12:02:42 PM »

Could the last six pages or so of posts be moved to a separate "lol mike love sucks" thread?  I'd hate for, you know, actual "studio news" to slip through the cracks and confuse everyone.

Every thread no matter what the subject seems to turn into a "Mike Love sucks" thread these days, as sure as day follows night.

It does because it's a hoot.  After all, Jon Stebbins The Beach Boys FAQ even has a chapter entitled “The Fun Of Hating Mike Love.”

Difference being, that was written by a pukka journalist with no ax to grind who had done some real research on the subject and presented the facts with an even hand.

That makes atleast one journalist with no axe to grind on the board.

You shouldn't use Hawaiian when you don't know what it really means. (cause you really just insulted Jon).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:15:31 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: April 20, 2013, 12:05:30 PM »

Maybe it is an album for Don Was which Brian is producing.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: April 20, 2013, 12:07:15 PM »

Maybe the photos are all staged, and no-one's recording anything.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 20, 2013, 12:12:45 PM »

Maybe we're all an imaginary tableau in an autistic boy's snowglobe?

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: April 20, 2013, 12:13:55 PM »

Could the last six pages or so of posts be moved to a separate "lol mike love sucks" thread?  I'd hate for, you know, actual "studio news" to slip through the cracks and confuse everyone.

Every thread no matter what the subject seems to turn into a "Mike Love sucks" thread these days, as sure as day follows night.

It does because it's a hoot.  After all, Jon Stebbins The Beach Boys FAQ even has a chapter entitled “The Fun Of Hating Mike Love.”

Difference being, that was written by a pukka journalist with no ax to grind who had done some real research on the subject and presented the facts with an even hand.

You shouldn't use Hawaiian when you don't know what it really means.

And you should try not to make yourself look like an even bigger dweeb by taking issue with me for something I've not done. I didn't use any Hawaiian words at all in that post. "Pukka" comes from the Hindi and literally means "cooked" or "ripe", but in UK argot it means "genuine", or sometimes "very good".  Grin

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 20, 2013, 12:15:36 PM »

Maybe the photos are all staged, and no-one's recording anything.

If that were the case, I would really @#$% with the formula and invite Pete Townsend, Glenn Danzig, and Lemmy into the studio for a quick smile-n-snap. That'll get 'em talkin' on the message boards...
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:16:31 PM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 20, 2013, 12:21:58 PM »

And you should try not to make yourself look like an even bigger dweeb by taking issue with me for something I've not done. I didn't use any Hawaiian words at all in that post. "Pukka" comes from the Hindi and literally means "cooked" or "ripe", but in UK argot it means "genuine", or sometimes "very good".  Grin

Whatva wonderful guy AGD. Never found a slur you weren't happy to hurl at someone. It's getting quite sad to watch.

Hindu, that's a great journalistic reference! Living in England for 2 1/2 years and a British wife, never heard that word uttered. In Hawaii, most days. Means small opening, butthole in slang.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:25:26 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

Nicko1234
« Reply #261 on: April 20, 2013, 12:27:36 PM »

Hindu, that's a great journalistic reference! Living in England for 2 1/2 years and a British wife, never heard that word uttered. In Hawaii, most days.

It's used very often in the U.K. and is even the brand name for a successful pie company. Surely when seeing a word that you don't know posted by a Briton your first thought should be, 'must be a British English word I'm not familiar with'. For you to immediately assume it to be badly used Hawaiian is hilarious but barking.  Cheesy
Jason
« Reply #262 on: April 20, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »

Everyone bitching in this thread at each other...take it to PMs. NOW.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 20, 2013, 12:31:51 PM »

I am still waiting for an apology from your last embarrassing and erroneous assault on me. I suggest if you can't act without hurling insults and name calling, you need to reel it in and turn away from the keyboard.

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 20, 2013, 12:35:17 PM »

Quote from: The Real Beach Boy lik=topic=15536.msg364995#msg364995 date=1366486270
Everyone bitching in this thread at each other...take it to PMs. NOW.

I PM AGDid and he responded by posting that I was a  dweeb, among other things. I think if you started banning people for personal insults and attacks this kind of thing would stop rather quickly.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 12:23:47 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

Nicko1234
« Reply #265 on: April 20, 2013, 12:39:54 PM »

Surely if people simply talked about the topic in question it would be better.

Let's hope that the box set tracklisting is announced soon as it should stop all of the petty bickering...for a couple of days at least. Wink
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 20, 2013, 12:48:20 PM »

Hindu, that's a great journalistic reference! Living in England for 2 1/2 years and a British wife, never heard that word uttered. In Hawaii, most days.

It's used very often in the U.K. and is even the brand name for a successful pie company. Surely when seeing a word that you don't know posted by a Briton your first thought should be, 'must be a British English word I'm not familiar with'. For you to immediately assume it to be badly used Hawaiian is hilarious but barking.  Cheesy

I suddenly really fancy a steak and kidney Pukka Pie.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: April 20, 2013, 12:49:06 PM »

Hindu, that's a great journalistic reference!

Relic of empire, along with bungalow, jodhpurs and pyjamas. Comes from having a reasonable lexicon and wide general knowledge.

Nicko1234
« Reply #268 on: April 20, 2013, 12:51:23 PM »

Can I just clarify, when you say Pukka Pie are you speaking English? Or is this Hawaiian and you fancy a butthole pie? It's so easy to get the two mixed up...  Wink
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2013, 12:52:56 PM »

The pies probably do contain anus, along with eyeballs, feet, beaks etc.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

Hindu, that's a great journalistic reference!

Relic of empire, along with bungalow, jodhpurs and pyjamas. Comes from having a reasonable lexicon and wide general knowledge.
I look forward to these kind of unique word stylings in your next published work. Which is?

Nicko1234
« Reply #271 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »

You forgot the all important horse tranquilizer. Doesn't taste the same without that.  Cheesy
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: April 20, 2013, 12:55:48 PM »

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 20, 2013, 12:56:38 PM »

Can I just clarify, when you say Pukka Pie are you speaking English? Or is this Hawaiian and you fancy a butthole pie? It's so easy to get the two mixed up...  Wink

Speak for yourself dude.  Grin Grin

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 20, 2013, 12:58:06 PM »

I'm craving some cream tea right about now.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx