gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:39:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More studio news  (Read 94185 times)
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 02, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »

IS that an ORTF mic configuration on the vibraphone?

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #501 on: June 02, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »

Brian's got a classic Jor-El (Brando style) look goin' on there, even down to the super-curl. I like it.
Honestly...looks like a comb-over.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 02, 2013, 11:30:51 AM »

Brian's got a classic Jor-El (Brando style) look goin' on there, even down to the super-curl. I like it.
Honestly...looks like a comb-over.
Just his lazy workday slick-back look, I guess.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #503 on: June 02, 2013, 11:37:20 AM »

Looks like his hair is thinning and he is hiding it. Noticed that for the past several years. sh*t, he's going to be 71, and the rest of the BB are bald so no worries lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 02, 2013, 11:46:38 AM »

Looks like his hair is thinning and he is hiding it. Noticed that for the past several years. sh*t, he's going to be 71, and the rest of the BB are bald so no worries lol
I don't think that's it. Only looks that way in private shots or - like I said - when working on stuff. He's a comfortable lazy guy. Bathrobes. Sweat pants. Et cetera. I guess he just puts stuff in his hair which makes it easy to slick back and then heads out for the studio or the park (or, let's be reasonable, for the nearest burger place).
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 02, 2013, 12:51:16 PM »

BW is looking mighty overweight in that photo.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 02, 2013, 01:04:36 PM »

Looks like it man!

That's not a very JT thing to do! Exciting!

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 02, 2013, 01:13:34 PM »

BW is looking mighty overweight in that photo.

He looks far more fit than most Americans I see on a daily basis Grin One thing I love about these pictures is that he's smiling in most of them!

Any insiders know when we can expect any news about this new project?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 02, 2013, 06:39:14 PM »

Where are Al, Dave, and the other BB?
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 02, 2013, 06:55:52 PM »

Looks like it man!

Ah, now we're talking! yeah sorry guys but the hair and the weight really..

Not there?
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 02, 2013, 07:14:02 PM »

Looks like it man!

Ah, now we're talking! yeah sorry guys but the hair and the weight really..

Not there?

We have photos of Al at ocean way with Brian and foskett last month, both at the mic and at the console

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 02, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »

I sure am aware of that, and that was last month, i believe he asked this after seeing that new picture of Brian, and obviously "Al, Dave, and the other BB" aren't there, i mean i don't see what else could be said/answered to that.

But then that ain't something new, recording not on the same day, that's the way they recorded the last album apparently too ..
i highly doubt while Brian and some other people (there was Jeff Beck also) are making something and posting new pictures often, out of the blue Mike Love decides to go to the studio to make something on his own .. it's too big to be a coincidence obviously, it is related to The Beach Boys.

I thought that you know it would be something for MIC but then, why would Jeff Beck and his musicians be related to a such thing? well, Jeff Beck did pay tribute to Brian in the past, so he could be invited to i don't know, rework a Beach Boys song ..

They did say it was for "Brian's project", now that is what is getting me the most curious, could it be that Brian is working on a solo album, but, then, there's Al, some special guests, and Mike Love?

Also there was pictures with producer Don Was, he was playing bass (with the comment "Brian producing Don Was"), but could he be like the co-producer on this with Brian? didn't someone comment on the last picture saying the mic configuration on the vibra wasn't a very Joe Thomas thing to do?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:41:07 PM by Ziggy Stardust » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:19 PM »

Well I don't think Mike has ever recorded any of his solo work at ocean way. Pretty sure any recording he has ever done there was due to the fact he was working with brian
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 08:22:12 PM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 02, 2013, 08:39:34 PM »

There was an article recently published in a British magazine that had an interview with Joe Thomas, who is still be working with Brian. He talked about the Jeff Beck collaboration, which definitely didn't seem like a BB project. The piece suggested they were working on a lot of material, and it seemed likely to be a solo record.

Obviously, the Mike picture seems to complicate matters. But we'll see.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 02, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »

Stars and Stripes, vol. 2?  Shocked

(I'll get my coat)  Cry
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 02, 2013, 09:59:46 PM »

There was an article recently published in a British magazine that had an interview with Joe Thomas, who is still be working with Brian. He talked about the Jeff Beck collaboration, which definitely didn't seem like a BB project. The piece suggested they were working on a lot of material, and it seemed likely to be a solo record.

The exact quote made mention of a newly-arranged rendition of the first song Brian's grandmother taught him to sing being the "only non-original track on the LP." This would imply that there's already some sort of assembled album in place.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 02, 2013, 10:31:11 PM »

The exact quote made mention of a newly-arranged rendition of the first song Brian's grandmother taught him to sing being the "only non-original track on the LP." This would imply that there's already some sort of assembled album in place.

What song would that be, do we know that?
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 02, 2013, 11:29:35 PM »

Thomas said they were keeping it a secret.

I would doubt an assembled album is in place, given that Brian said he didn't know the titles of any of the other songs.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 02, 2013, 11:40:54 PM »

"Mary Had a Little Lamb" Grin
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #519 on: June 03, 2013, 04:13:52 AM »

I'm guessing, "Danny Boy".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:22 AM »

I would doubt an assembled album is in place, given that Brian said he didn't know the titles of any of the other songs.

When did he say this?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 03, 2013, 07:32:40 AM »

I'm guessing, "Danny Boy".

Yeah, that's what I guessed the other day. 

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #522 on: June 03, 2013, 07:47:59 AM »

Looks like it man!

+1 Sure looks that way! Refreshing to see when some producers wouldn't waste the time to record real stereo mallet parts in 2013 when any number of expensive keyboards could do the trick much faster... Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 03, 2013, 04:56:37 PM »

Mark Lindsay and Brian @ Ocean Way:

Kicks just keep gettin' harder to find...

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
clack
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 03, 2013, 05:34:54 PM »

Mark Lindsay and Brian co-wrote a song for possible inclusion in TWGMTR. Could they be finishing up that track for MIC? For a new BB lp? Working on something new for a BW solo project?

WTF is going on?
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx