gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 09:33:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Are BB's Fans So Cranky?  (Read 11733 times)
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2013, 11:04:51 AM »

I don't like the way some posters personally attack other posters and I don't know where that comes from. If a person states an opinion you don't agree with, then make an argument as to why you don't agree with that person. You don't have to attack them directly or use some kind of passive aggressive remark that really doesn't elaborate on why you disagree, but is an attempt to make the other person look foolish.  Entire threads sometimes get derailed by people having arguments that eventually have little to do with the original topic.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2013, 02:10:41 PM »

Huh

Define Cranky.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2013, 02:14:29 PM »

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2013, 02:27:49 PM »

Huh

Define Cranky.

One who snorts crank.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Nicko1234
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2013, 02:42:27 PM »

One for the Brits there.  LOL
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2013, 02:57:44 PM »

LOL
Or One who would snort crank but can't source any

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

I put it down to the diversity of the music. It attracts all walks of life and when they congregate in the one spot bitter feuds and cheap shots arise. Then again some here are just old and grumpy (Mikie)

Huh. Again my name pops up unexpectedly in one of Shady's posts. And again in a negative tone! Trying to get someone to agree with you and start an anti-Mikie bandwagon, Shady? First you're jumping all over the Phil Cohen dog pile and now you're crying about AGD again on this thread because he hurt your feelings. You gots some growin' up to do boy! This ain't an old ladie's basket weaving party!    

Gimme something I can use, here, Shady. Be productive and post something informative and relevant for a change instead of running around the board cheerleading all the time. Wimp.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:31:07 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2013, 11:22:16 PM »

Dear God this just brought back memories of my childhood and not in a good way.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2013, 01:07:39 AM »

Yes, those horrible mutant faces just put me right off my breakfast. What is particularly distressing is that they were married.

Do you think she dressed as Jimmy Kranky as they......................no, I mustn't think it!

Urghhhh, to late.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2013, 01:40:56 AM »

Yes, those horrible mutant faces just put me right off my breakfast. What is particularly distressing is that they were married.

Do you think she dressed as Jimmy Kranky as they......................no, I mustn't think it!

Urghhhh, to late.

Pulling at her braces and shouting "Fandabidozi" as...
No...
Make it stop...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2013, 01:41:50 AM »

(shudder)
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2013, 04:54:21 AM »

Why are we so cranky?  Because fans are cranky.  Fandom isn't about love, it's about obsession -- hate gets exaggerated as much as love.  You'll never find someone who hates Star Wars as much as a Star Wars fan, you'll never find someone as vicious about a bit of Beach Boys stuff as a Beach Boys fan.

Cheers,
Jon Blum

Nail...head...hit...

We all *love* the Beach Boys, but we love slightly different things about them. I might passionately argue that Pet Sounds is the peak of their career whereas someone else might argue for something else - because they happen to love it more.

Or we could argue about the best song on Pet Sounds, the best musical moment on Pet Sounds...and I bet 100 Beach Boys fans will have at least 25 different answers to that last question. And we can get heated about these things because they are dear to our hearts.

It is the nature of fandom, not necessarily Beach Boys fans.

Is Gabriel-era Genesis better than the later stuff? Was C3PO gay? Were the Star Wars prequels really that bad? Is the 11th Doctor the best since the 4th? All perennial arguments in various fan forums.

Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:06 AM »

Bump.

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2013, 11:56:13 AM »

It's the autotune

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 11:57:31 AM »

Joe Thomas

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 12:59:39 PM »

Are the Tom Baker fans  like the Brianistas of the site?

No, they're more like the people who think that the band's peak was the early hits.

I'd rank Baker as the Pet Sounds/Smile era.

John Nathan-Turner was probably the equivalent of Steve Levine, sorry to say

Agree with the McCoy/VDP analogy!

DT's Doctor era is maybe equivalent to the suite that wasn't on TWGMTR.

“We live in divisive times.”
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 05:35:29 AM »

I'm not cranky at all in Beach Boys World, never been happier, my collection is growing, I've been doing at least one video a week for my Beach Boys Review/Observation/Videocast.

If I'm cranky, it's because of my transferring to my new job and moving.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 05:53:56 AM »

I think some of us are grouchy lately because we're scared. The road is coming to an end, but it's covered in fog and we can't see for sure where it stops. All the Boys have to do is turn on those fog lights, and they're right there, but do they see them?

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2013, 09:08:01 AM »

Has anybody here ever seen "Life of Brian"? 

BRIAN: Are you the Judean People's Front?
REG: F*ck off!
BRIAN: What?
REG: Judean People's Front...(scoffs)...we're the People's Front of Judea! "Judean People's Front..." (rolls eyes).
FRANCIS: Wankers.
REG: Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the f*cking Judean People's Front.
P.F.J.: Yeah...
JUDITH: Splitters.
P.F.J.: Splitters...
FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.
P.F.J.: Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.
P.F.J.: Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...
REG: What?
LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.
REG: We're the People's Front of Judea!
LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.
REG: People's Front! 

"Jeff, you care." --BW
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 10:21:50 AM »

My favourite band features a bald headed goon, a stretched out midget, an overweight nutjob who didn't write a great song for over 40 years, a faded 80's hearthrob and a pistol whuppin' Republican psycho - I think I have every right to be a little cranky.  Wink

Wow, an REM fan, right?

Ha ha. To my knowledge no one in REM was ever Republican. Far from it.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2013, 10:24:24 AM »

I love that the BB's fan prototypes include the 20-something hipster with nerd glasses and the 60-something boomer with the Hawaiian shirt.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2013, 02:40:33 AM »

I love that the BB's fan prototypes include the 20-something hipster with nerd glasses and the 60-something boomer with the Hawaiian shirt.

And the 40's something ex stoner with a beer-gut.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 20, 2013, 02:42:28 AM »

like you?  Wink

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #73 on: May 20, 2013, 03:24:33 AM »

like you?  Wink

I do happen to fit that demographic quite nicely.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2013, 04:11:45 AM »

I'd like to think of myself as a hipster but I'm not really and I do wear a pair of thick rimmed glasses and I am 28…what a coincidence!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx