gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:54:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127228 times)
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 13, 2013, 07:55:10 AM »

I would actually really love to hear that, revelatory or not.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 13, 2013, 07:57:05 AM »

Very LARGE (1500 pixels wide) version of cover art! Rather nice.

Looks like an orange.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 13, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »

The cover is terrible. I do like the packaging though.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #578 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »

Looks like an orange.

And who doesn't like oranges?
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 13, 2013, 09:31:34 AM »

What is the '72 alternate version of Surf's Up?

Live version, for (IIRC) Dutch radio. A nice version, but not something utterly revelatory or anything.

Oh buy…  I have heard that (I think), and found it quite gorgeous.  Nice to know!

Sorry to say that that one came up in the discussion of what's *not* on there, though. Yes, it is a nice one, but I suppose they thought no-one needs three Surf's Ups on the same set...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 13, 2013, 11:07:40 AM »

What is the '72 alternate version of Surf's Up?

Live version, for (IIRC) Dutch radio. A nice version, but not something utterly revelatory or anything.

Oh buy…  I have heard that (I think), and found it quite gorgeous.  Nice to know!

Sorry to say that that one came up in the discussion of what's *not* on there, though. Yes, it is a nice one, but I suppose they thought no-one needs three Surf's Ups on the same set...

Ach, my bad (as they say…).  I guess I'll have ensure I live long enough to hear the next archival set … or the one after that!

“We live in divisive times.”
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #581 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:48 AM »

If it is anything like £70.65 in the UK, what's not to like. That's less than four Premier League games and I know which will give me more (and longer lasting) enjoyment. I'm there. Yeah, I've got loads of the tracks already - though not always in these mixes - but the same could be said for Good Vibrations and I bought that one too.
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #582 on: June 13, 2013, 11:44:38 AM »

Looks like an orange.

Sponsored by Sunkist.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #583 on: June 13, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »

I wonder what they found to create a 2012 stereo mix of Do It Again?

Extraction mix...?

No.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #584 on: June 13, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »

OK, so the multis have been found then? If so this is good news. This stuff is out there and still showing up.
DMBeard_13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:19 PM »

Review of MIC

http://www.examiner.com/review/made-california-box-set-is-the-beach-boys-best-yet

Deeper look at "(Wouldn't It Be Nice To) Live Again"

http://www.examiner.com/article/dennis-wilson-s-music-lives-again-new-box-set
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 02:03:59 PM by DMBeard_13 » Logged

In Music,
David
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #586 on: April 27, 2015, 02:02:57 PM »

I hope this hasn't been answered but if so, then please move me to the right direction.

Do we have info of what the setlists are of the '66 Paris, '68 + '73 Chicago and '75 Maryland shows and what has been recorded?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 02:06:50 PM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 27, 2015, 03:36:21 PM »

I hope this hasn't been answered but if so, then please move me to the right direction.

Do we have info of what the setlists are of the '66 Paris, '68 + '73 Chicago and '75 Maryland shows and what has been recorded?

Here's the setlist for Chicago - August 15, 1973 http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/8-15-73.html
Here's the setlist for Maryland - June 27, 1975 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/1975/capital-centre-landover-md-73db1efd.html

No setlist listed for Paris 10/25/66 but it's probably close to this show from 3 days earlier http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/10-22-66b.html
No setlist listed for Chicago - 7/5/68 but it's probably close to this show from 8 days later http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/7-13-68.html

Speaking of MIC, I'm curious about whatever happened to that 7th disc that was supposed to be for a retailer exclusive. What was on it and why not release it as a RSD release or a beachboys.com exclusive?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:37:42 PM by lee » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 27, 2015, 05:14:39 PM »

What about the online sessionography we were getting?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 27, 2015, 05:19:25 PM »

Great question,pixletwin !

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 27, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »

Hey, It's the Beach Boys! You were expecting this on schedule?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 27, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »

What about the online sessionography we were getting?

I know. I really appreciate c-man's work, but wasn't his original projected release date like Christmas 2013 or something. By this point, it shouldn't even just be the tracks on the box. It might as well be the band's ENTIRE CAREER.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 27, 2015, 09:36:05 PM »

Hey, they don't call him Slowinski for nuttin'!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:05 AM »

Wink
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:39 AM »

Here's the setlist for Chicago - August 15, 1973 http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/8-15-73.html
Here's the setlist for Maryland - June 27, 1975 http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-beach-boys/1975/capital-centre-landover-md-73db1efd.html

No setlist listed for Paris 10/25/66 but it's probably close to this show from 3 days earlier http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/10-22-66b.html
No setlist listed for Chicago - 7/5/68 but it's probably close to this show from 8 days later http://members.tripod.com/~fun_fun_fun/7-13-68.html

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:43:15 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 02, 2015, 01:19:51 AM »

You forget that Polish name in English would sound different. Since c-man is American, he will be "Slo-vinsky".
Look fwd to MIC sesh.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: May 02, 2015, 04:53:44 AM »

Good things come to those who wait.

And, in an off-shoot of the old Orson Welles commercial for Paul Masson wine, "We will release no sessionography before its time."  Smiley
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 01, 2020, 11:19:31 PM »

Apologies for the late bump on this but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Looking hook up with anyone who purchased this box set via iTunes or any other digital online store.

There was a 'Digital Booklet' offered with purchase. I have the physical box itself but simply cannot justify purchasing the box digitally when a) I don't need it b) not just for a pdf.

In 2011 I did get a digital copy of the 2CD Smile Sessions that had a 'Digital Booklet' also, got it from HD Tracks, actually. I would be willing to 'trade' if anyone is interested?

Thanks in advance.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #598 on: September 02, 2020, 12:26:20 PM »

Apologies for the late bump on this but I didn't want to start a whole new thread. Looking hook up with anyone who purchased this box set via iTunes or any other digital online store.

There was a 'Digital Booklet' offered with purchase. I have the physical box itself but simply cannot justify purchasing the box digitally when a) I don't need it b) not just for a pdf.

In 2011 I did get a digital copy of the 2CD Smile Sessions that had a 'Digital Booklet' also, got it from HD Tracks, actually. I would be willing to 'trade' if anyone is interested?

Thanks in advance.

I would assume the "digital booklet" is just a pdf of the book included in the physical set.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 02, 2020, 02:41:59 PM »

Thanks in advance.

I would assume the "digital booklet" is just a pdf of the book included in the physical set.

You would be correct!

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx