gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:47:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127258 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #350 on: May 13, 2013, 12:15:59 AM »

I'm impressed that it only took AGD about 3 days to go from the guy who it was 'nice to have you back' to 'for God's sake get rid of the madman again'.  Cheesy

Nicko1234
« Reply #351 on: May 13, 2013, 12:21:07 AM »

If anyone takes a statement on a message board about blowing up someone's house at all seriously they need to get out more. It's a classical rhetorical device -- going over the top for effect when someone irritates you.

Between this and folks freaking out on the other thread after a mild pushback over the character of VDP, I'd say that folks here could use thicker skins. People have a right to say what they like. But they don't have a right to say it free of any criticism or questioning.

Who has the thinnest skin of all though? Unfortunately I think it's the guy who has admitted that due to his personal problems that at times he shouldn't be anywhere near the board.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #352 on: May 13, 2013, 12:27:44 AM »

If anyone takes a statement on a message board about blowing up someone's house at all seriously they need to get out more. It's a classical rhetorical device -- going over the top for effect when someone irritates you.

Well maybe you missed this

If I could, sir, I would turn up at your door and beat the living daylights out of you. And I'm not joking.

I wouldn't call that a rhetorical device. No one is over reacting. Some of us have just had enough of this unpleasant man.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 13, 2013, 12:57:45 AM »

By God, anyone who calls me a liar -- has probably seen my actual birthdate somewhere.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 13, 2013, 01:56:57 AM »

I was hardly around on this board this last weekend (sometimes private family matters have priority), but I have just read the last couple of pages of this topic, and thought it would be good to response.

First of all I want to stand up for Billy here.

As most of you probably know we have recently made the decision to make quicker individual decisions as moderators. This means that we don’t start discussing if a majority of the mods thinks we should take action (or not), but that one mod individually can decide if that’s necessary. After all, if on further consideration we conclude we should alter a decision, we can always do so.
Now Billy had a tough decision to make. We know that when it comes to this particular case (it’s not the first time) it’s hard to make a decision that would please everybody here. At the end, Billy did what in his opinion was the best solution for now in order to get things back on track on this board. I'm not sure sure what I would have done, and I'm glad Billy took action. If the language that was used was a bit harsh, then so be it. You don’t have to agree with us, but please understand we don’t do this because we think it’s fun to ban someone, even it’s only temporary.

Now as for this particular case.

Some of you have made some good points on where to draw the line when it comes to banning. Yes, I have read the responses of AGD as well. And yes – if it’s indeed the case that Phil has a mental issue (I really hate to talk about these kind of matters on this board or this topic) – then the last thing that would help is to threaten the guy with physical action (even it’s only metaphorically speaking). If Phil is deliberately doing this (aka he’s trolling) then it doesn’t help either, as he probably only gets a kick out of it anyway. So either way it’s a waste of energy, and apart from that not the behavior we expect to see here.
Now I’m not planning on sending a few extra bans out here right now. Mind you: it is not as if I’m trying to protect AGD, although it might come across like that. I just want to see the emotions being reduced. He has had his share of temp. bans in the past as well, even as of recent. But I do want to encourage AGD to at least distance himself from (and remove) the aggressive remarks against Phil. After all if “the smile you send out returns to you”, so does “those who play at bowls must look (out) for rubs”. (had to look that proverb  Grin  , I hope you get the point)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re weird fans, aren’t we?

Here we are regularly discussing about how dysfunctional several members of the BB have been in the past. But I can imagine now that in the mean while another messageboard exists, specifically reserved for the members of the BB and their closest relatives/co-workers on which they continuously wonder about the dysfunctional behavior and bitching of certain members of this board (or making jokes about osd by counting the numbers of  w00t! 's he posted after the umpteenth negative remark on myke luhv)

To close this lecture:
Please continue further discussions on moderating or banning in a new topic in The Sandbox en get back on topic here. If this side-discussion continues here, I might as well close this topic…

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
halblaineisgood
« Reply #355 on: May 13, 2013, 02:14:03 AM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:11:00 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 13, 2013, 02:34:23 AM »

I was hardly around on this board this last weekend (sometimes private family matters have priority), but I have just read the last couple of pages of this topic, and thought it would be good to response.

First of all I want to stand up for Billy here.

As most of you probably know we have recently made the decision to make quicker individual decisions as moderators. This means that we don’t start discussing if a majority of the mods thinks we should take action (or not), but that one mod individually can decide if that’s necessary. After all, if on further consideration we conclude we should alter a decision, we can always do so.
Now Billy had a tough decision to make. We know that when it comes to this particular case (it’s not the first time) it’s hard to make a decision that would please everybody here. At the end, Billy did what in his opinion was the best solution for now in order to get things back on track on this board. I'm not sure sure what I would have done, and I'm glad Billy took action. If the language that was used was a bit harsh, then so be it. You don’t have to agree with us, but please understand we don’t do this because we think it’s fun to ban someone, even it’s only temporary.

Now as for this particular case.

Some of you have made some good points on where to draw the line when it comes to banning. Yes, I have read the responses of AGD as well. And yes – if it’s indeed the case that Phil has a mental issue (I really hate to talk about these kind of matters on this board or this topic) – then the last thing that would help is to threaten the guy with physical action (even it’s only metaphorically speaking). If Phil is deliberately doing this (aka he’s trolling) then it doesn’t help either, as he probably only gets a kick out of it anyway. So either way it’s a waste of energy, and apart from that not the behavior we expect to see here.
Now I’m not planning on sending a few extra bans out here right now. Mind you: it is not as if I’m trying to protect AGD, although it might come across like that. I just want to see the emotions being reduced. He has had his share of temp. bans in the past as well, even as of recent. But I do want to encourage AGD to at least distance himself from (and remove) the aggressive remarks against Phil. After all if “the smile you send out returns to you”, so does “those who play at bowls must look (out) for rubs”. (had to look that proverb  Grin  , I hope you get the point)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We’re weird fans, aren’t we?

Here we are regularly discussing about how dysfunctional several members of the BB have been in the past. But I can imagine now that in the mean while another messageboard exists, specifically reserved for the members of the BB and their closest relatives/co-workers on which they continuously wonder about the dysfunctional behavior and bitching of certain members of this board (or making jokes about osd by counting the numbers of  w00t! 's he posted after the umpteenth negative remark on myke luhv)

To close this lecture:
Please continue further discussions on moderating or banning in a new topic in The Sandbox en get back on topic here. If this side-discussion continues here, I might as well close this topic…

Thanks for the heads up - and that hypothetical 'meta-board' that you pictured in the second part of your post made me laugh!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #357 on: May 13, 2013, 05:37:44 AM »

The worrying thing is that some people are now getting their jollies from snitching on others...
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 13, 2013, 07:40:25 AM »

By God, anyone who calls me a liar -- has probably seen my actual birthdate somewhere.

Grin
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 13, 2013, 08:39:24 AM »

I'm a moderator on a Led Zeppelin board and I can tell you a guy like Phil would have been banned long ago.  While we have just as much conjecture about unreleased things and the like (and by the way Phil, the Beach Boys can't hold a candle to the level of secrecy that Jimmy Page works under) we simply won't put up with trolling and/or even people that are mentally unstable.  There are a lot of wacko people into Zeppelin and mentally ill or not, it's better for all if they are not involved.  Our admin puts the hammer down on controversial topics, trolls, and psychos.  It works.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #360 on: May 13, 2013, 08:47:59 AM »

I'm a moderator on a Led Zeppelin board

Good for you! Maybe listen to the mods on this board then.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 13, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »

Patience. June.

News!

“We live in divisive times.”
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 13, 2013, 09:26:25 AM »

I'm a moderator on a Led Zeppelin board and I can tell you a guy like Phil would have been banned long ago.  While we have just as much conjecture about unreleased things and the like (and by the way Phil, the Beach Boys can't hold a candle to the level of secrecy that Jimmy Page works under) we simply won't put up with trolling and/or even people that are mentally unstable.  There are a lot of wacko people into Zeppelin and mentally ill or not, it's better for all if they are not involved.  Our admin puts the hammer down on controversial topics, trolls, and psychos.  It works.
  In other words...

NO QUARTER!!! 

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #363 on: May 13, 2013, 10:07:12 AM »

In other words...

NO QUARTER!!! 

Made all the funnier by the crazy Brian coming at you.
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 13, 2013, 01:03:29 PM »

Aaaaahhh!

Feels like that Brian is coming at me to eat my brain!  "No Quarter," indeed.

edit:  And now that it's been altered, we're left confronted by the crooked smile of Brian, eerily silent.  Watching.  Waiting...

Boy, you've really got a knack, there, ego!   Grin
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 09:40:27 AM by Generation42 » Logged
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2013, 10:23:57 PM »

I wish this board had an emoticon of a person eating popcorn from a bag.  Grin

hmmmmmmm

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 13, 2013, 11:59:47 PM »

I have 3000 words to say...

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 14, 2013, 01:48:01 AM »

...my signature:

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 14, 2013, 01:54:15 AM »

sheesh.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 14, 2013, 07:03:17 AM »

Soundboard of the '80s arrangement of "Lookin' at Tomorrow" would be cool to have, I'll add it to my wishlist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upfghY2KK3s

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 14, 2013, 10:43:50 AM »

Soundboard of the '80s arrangement of "Lookin' at Tomorrow" would be cool to have, I'll add it to my wishlist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upfghY2KK3s
Yeah, be great to have that  one.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 14, 2013, 12:37:59 PM »

This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)

Why not?  The new Harry Nilsson box has been in the works for 3 years and there is no Harry around to sign off on things.

Harrry is happening,  MIC news to follow?
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/harry-nilsson-box-set/

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:20 AM »

This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)

Why not?  The new Harry Nilsson box has been in the works for 3 years and there is no Harry around to sign off on things.

And again, for those who are worried about the lack of announcements, the Nilsson box was announced yesterday and it's being released at the end of July. Which suggests that a two month or so lead time *is* the standard for this kind of order.

(Also, for those in the US who want the Nilsson box set, it's actually significantly cheaper for you to pre-order from amazon.co.uk right now than .com, even taking shipping into account. It's £46 on the UK site and $146 on the US site...)

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 15, 2013, 05:20:15 AM »

Is anyone taking into consideration that they are waiting for the double live disc to make it's way out into the world and settle before they start hyping another product? 

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 15, 2013, 10:05:55 AM »

And again, for those who are worried about the lack of announcements, the Nilsson box was announced yesterday and it's being released at the end of July. Which suggests that a two month or so lead time *is* the standard for this kind of order.

(Also, for those in the US who want the Nilsson box set, it's actually significantly cheaper for you to pre-order from amazon.co.uk right now than .com, even taking shipping into account. It's £46 on the UK site and $146 on the US site...)

Also take note (Phil) that the Harry set was originally slated to appear in Feb 2012.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx