gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:28:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127185 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: May 11, 2013, 11:07:29 PM »

One thing is obvious about our attempts to extract this box set from a reluctant record company and/or feuding group: There is no joy in this. This is not worth our collective efforts.

The truly sad and pathetic aspect of this quote is, he really, really believes it to be true. Such advanced paranoid delusions should be treated.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
MBE
« Reply #301 on: May 12, 2013, 02:08:53 AM »

One thing is obvious about our attempts to extract this box set from a reluctant record company and/or feuding group: There is no joy in this. This is not worth our collective efforts. In the same way that Capitol Records will take the path of least resistance and release music by the label's 21st century contemporary artists, I , as a compact disc consumer, will take the path of least resistance, and buy CD box set "product" by artists and labels who are agreeable to releasing box sets with a minimum of unpleasant, stressful game-playing.

Good luck to you.

No-one but you is making any effort at all (and your effort seems to consist only of complaining on a message board). There's no game-playing going on. There's no 'attempts to extract this box set'. They're working on it, it'll be done when it's done. When it is, those of us who want to will buy it.

Ooh, it's so exciting and heroic to think of it that way though.  The valiant fan fighting against the insidious forces at the tower, sending Tom Cruise in to hover inches off the floor in the secret, sterile Beach Boys Box Set Room.  But no--Mike sees Tom Cruise on his video monitor and alerts a Capitol suit that an extraction attempt is underway.  Mike reaches for his gun as he frantically enters the code to allow access to the room, and sure enough, when the huge door swings open, Tom Cruise is gone with the boxset.  

But it's not over.  Can it ever be over, really?  There is no joy in this.  Brian and Al pursue Tom Cruise on the rooftops of the Argyle Street businesses, shooting at him and aiming to kill.  Cruise only escapes when a feud breaks out between Al and Brian over how to proceed.  We might just have the boxset now!

But no.  Just when Tom Cruise is about to drop off the discs at our headquarters, a dark figure emerges from the shadows.  Cruise was expecting Phil, but instead it's Bruce.  

"I'll be taking those," says Bruce.  "No," says Tom.

"I see this won't be easy," says Bruce, "I admire your fortitude in the face of this unpleasant, stressful game playing."

"It's barely worth it anymore," says Tom.  "This is it for me.  I'm going back to getting boxed sets from artists and labels who are agreeable."

Bruce chortles.  "You assume that you're going to live that long.  My dear friend, I'm afraid that the last artist you'll ever meet is anything but agreeable."

Bruce raises the shotgun he'd been holding at his side and nonchalantly points it in Tom's direction.

"Hand over the boxed set."

"Not gonna happen, Bruce."

With a sickening boom, Tom is brought to the ground.

"The pain you feel is associated with no longer having a knee, Tom.  Would you like to see how it feels to live without a face, or shall I just take the boxed set now?"

Tom is so wracked with pain that he is unable to speak.  He simply releases his grip on the set.

"There were are."  Says Bruce.  Tom starts to try to drag his useless body away, but Bruce interrupts.

"Tom, don't leave just yet, I want to play you something."

Bruce takes one of the discs out of the packaging and loads it into a conveniently located nearby CD player.

"This is a little tune by Dennis Wilson.  It's called 'Wouldn't it be nice (to live again.)'  I thought it would be an appropriate thing to play right now, since in these, your last moments on earth, you're probably thinking the same sentiment."

The track played.  At this point, Tom could only close his eyes and submit to the music.  And although the flute solo was a bit longer than Tom personally would have liked, he knew that that flute solo was the only thing between him and Bruce's terrible, final justice.

That post is so riveting  I just listened to "Love Is A Woman" 4 times without realizing it.

CLICK!
The word click made me think of Todd Gold and his lazy way to cover the early to mid seventies. Not your fault of course!
PhilCohen
« Reply #302 on: May 12, 2013, 08:41:51 AM »

One thing is obvious about our attempts to extract this box set from a reluctant record company and/or feuding group: There is no joy in this. This is not worth our collective efforts.

The truly sad and pathetic aspect of this quote is, he really, really believes it to be true. Such advanced paranoid delusions should be treated.

Is it so irrational that I should opt to direct my collecting efforts in the direction of CD box sets which are much more likely (than the Beach Boys box set) to be released? Our quest for this proposed Beach Boys box set has brought nothing but frustration. Other box sets, such as the 3-CD expanded edition of "The Monkees Present" or the 5-CD set "The Complete Motown Singles Vol.12A" are almost certain to be released, and therefore bring pleasure, happiness etc.

I'm aware that, even if an August release (or even a Christmas season release) for The Beach Boys box set doesn't happen, that there are some die-hard true believers (on this forum) who will vent their frustrations at me, and then insist that the box set will be released in 2014, but there must come a point where most rational collectors will assume that the project could not be successfully completed, or that all the necessary musician "Sign-Offs" (permissions) could not be obtained. Would December 31, 2013 be a reasonable point to assume the Beach Boys box set is not to be?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: May 12, 2013, 08:49:47 AM »

It is   irrational when people WHO KNOW FAR BETTER THAN YOU DO (as they are closer to the process) are telling you that the box IS coming out and you completely disregard them. This is the same garbage you pulled during TSS. You still haven't admitted to being wrong there. The fact that you are unaware of the status of MIC's completion speaks volumes; there are some of us who DO know, and let's just say you are very far off the mark here.

And for the final time...the word is boxed set, not 'box set'. The former is a collection of various cds (say, around six) containing music (in this case, music by the greatest band of all time). The latter is a collection of containers and receptacles for permanent use as storage, or for temporary use often for transporting contents and generally square in shape.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
PhilCohen
« Reply #304 on: May 12, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »

It is   irrational when people WHO KNOW FAR BETTER THAN YOU DO (as they are closer to the process) are telling you that the box IS coming out and you completely disregard them. This is the same garbage you pulled during TSS. You still haven't admitted to being wrong there. The fact that you are unaware of the status of MIC's completion speaks volumes; there are some of us who DO know, and let's just say you are very far off the mark here.

And for the final time...the word is boxed set, not 'box set'. The former is a collection of various cds (say, around six) containing music (in this case, music by the greatest band of all time). The latter is a collection of containers and receptacles for permanent use as storage, or for temporary use often for transporting contents and generally square in shape.

There are some people on this forum who CLAIM that they have inside information, that they've seen a proposed track listing for The Beach Boys Boxed set etc., but how do we know if any of these claims are for real? Anyone could invent such claims.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2013, 08:54:29 AM »

So you're calling me a liar, then?  You are so full of sh*t I am quite sure you were a septic tank in your last life. See you on August 27th.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 08:56:44 AM by Ricin Beans » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2013, 09:00:47 AM »

Is it so irrational that I should opt to direct my collecting efforts in the direction of CD box sets which are much more likely (than the Beach Boys box set) to be released? Our quest for this proposed Beach Boys box set has brought nothing but frustration. Other box sets, such as the 3-CD expanded edition of "The Monkees Present" or the 5-CD set "The Complete Motown Singles Vol.12A" are almost certain to be released, and therefore bring pleasure, happiness etc.

Firstly - shut the f*** up about "our" quest. Don't include me, or any other rational poster here, in your paranoid delusions of adequacy concerning a topic its been proven time and time again you know less about than a lobotomized fern.

Secondly - "Other box sets, such as the 3-CD expanded edition of "The Monkees Present" or the 5-CD set "The Complete Motown Singles Vol.12A" are almost certain to be released...". Almost certain... almost certain... almost certain... but not 100% certain. There's still a chance they'll get delayed, or cancelled... and now I've planted that little worm of doubt in your mind, it will twist, and turn, and grow, eating you up as it does, until you're consumed with the fear that you're wrong here as well, and that your near certainty became a would-been. I like that scenario... oh yes, I like it more than you could ever imagine.

PhilCohen
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2013, 09:01:34 AM »

So you're calling me a liar, then?  You are so full of sh*t I am quite sure you were a septic tank in your last life. See you on August 27th.

Even if such tracklists have been compiled, mixed and mastered, it is still no guarantee that Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine & The Estate of Carl Wilson will agree on the proposed track listing , and sign to give permission for release. This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #308 on: May 12, 2013, 09:03:46 AM »

There are some people on this forum who CLAIM that they have inside information, that they've seen a proposed track listing for The Beach Boys Boxed set etc., but how do we know if any of these claims are for real? Anyone could invent such claims.

Being called a liar by an established bootlegger is pretty insulting, even to me, never mind the likes of Adam, Boyd and the others who know what's happening. If I could, sir, I would turn up at your door and beat the living daylights out of you. And I'm not joking. You, sir, are a piece of excrement.

Even if such tracklists have been compiled, mixed and mastered...

They have, you dumb f***.

... it is still no guarantee that Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine & The Estate of Carl Wilson will agree on the proposed track listing , and sign to give permission for release.

They have, you even dumber f***.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 09:12:15 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 12, 2013, 09:07:43 AM »

"what are you doing this sunday?"

"arguing with a knob on the internet"

"uh...cool?"

Can this Cohen just be barred now? Personally I don't give a bollock what he thinks, and just ignore him, but if even the modz are calling him a 'septic tank in a previous life' then it's probably time he just went, right?

*goes for a nice long walk*
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #310 on: May 12, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »

Even if such tracklists have been compiled, mixed and mastered, it is still no guarantee that Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine & The Estate of Carl Wilson will agree on the proposed track listing , and sign to give permission for release. This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)

They have, and they have, and projects do take that long (if not longer). But in any case, Eeyore is gone until the set is released. No lie.

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 12, 2013, 10:09:25 AM »

He's a troll, simple as that. He knows exactly what he's doing, he's playing a character on the internet who gets people bothered and elicits lots of responses.
Or else he has some mild mental health issues

In either case, getting angry at him won't help.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: May 12, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

Agreed, which is why he's gone until the set is released.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: May 12, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »

He's a troll, simple as that. He knows exactly what he's doing, he's playing a character on the internet who gets people bothered and elicits lots of responses.
Or else he has some mild mental health issues

In either case, getting angry at him won't help.

He insinuated I was a liar: he insinuated that far far better people than me - Alan Boyd, f'chrissake, who is one of the nicest people in the BB cosmos - are liars. It would be less insulting, slightly, if he was arguing from a position of even faint knowledge, but the fact is Cohen doesn't have the least clue as to what's on the box or how it's progressing and, to use Billy's pungent phrase, that really boils my piss. I'm arrogant, but this is orders of magnitude beyond me. He patently has untreated mental issues, and one day he's going to do what he does here in real life... and that's going to be a very, very painful day for him.

Agreed, which is why he's gone until the set is released.

I shall now be on my knees every night before bed, praying it won't be.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 10:30:09 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 12, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »

I'm surprised anyone pays him any mind at all.

I just lurk nowadays and never read anything by him... It's the internet- the Beach friggin' Boys nonetheless...people take crap waaaayyyyy to seriously. Obviously he is a numbskull troll.

to quote BDW- "everyone should cool it, just start cooling now..."
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2013, 10:35:09 AM »

I'm looking forward to it to the point where I'll be changing my username to 'I Told You So'.

I tried to change my user name to "Doubting Phil"

Then again, why bother.    Grin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

hai guyz androo dough is havin another bad day in his persona lyfe!

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2013, 11:28:05 AM »

No, just rightfully pissed off by someone trying to bait us. If anything, he responded in a much kinder manner than I was going to.

That said, Phil won't be back until the boxed set is released, so no need for any of us to kick him while he's down.

TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2013, 01:03:49 PM »

This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)

Why not?  The new Harry Nilsson box has been in the works for 3 years and there is no Harry around to sign off on things.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »

I just have a hard time believing one or two posters -- the ones that seem to obsessively stick to one theme despite all available evidence to the contrary -- aren't doing some sort of a Saturday Night Live parody of an obsessive record collector.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2013, 02:03:44 PM »

This project should never have dragged on for  this long(for 18 months, or perhaps longer, if work had already been underway at the time of Capitol's original announcement in December 2011)

Why not?  The new Harry Nilsson box has been in the works for 3 years and there is no Harry around to sign off on things.

Well, there's his loving wife and family. But, besides the point. When the box IS released, I hope Phil looks back on his postings and decides to change, or seek some help. I'm sure we'd all be supportive if he could only see what we did.

Or, he's just a really, really good troll.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

Well, there's his loving wife and family. But, besides the point. When the box IS released, I hope Phil looks back on his postings and decides to change, or seek some help. I'm sure we'd all be supportive if he could only see what we did.

Or, he's just a really, really good troll.

This should have happened for The Smile Sessions. He doesn't even bat an eye when someone mentions him being wrong about that.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:22 PM »

hai guyz androo dough is havin another bad day in his persona lyfe!

Well quite. I think Phil is talking sh*t, but find it easy enough to ignore him. I think the guy has some issues. I feel sorry for him.

So hey Andrew. If I call you a liar will you come round to beat me up? I live in York, just a few hundred miles from you. Much nearer than Phil.  I'm more than happy to give you my address.  
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

Being called a liar by an established bootlegger is pretty insulting, even to me, never mind the likes of Adam, Boyd and the others who know what's happening. If I could, sir, I would turn up at your door and beat the living daylights out of you. And I'm not joking. You, sir, are a piece of excrement.

Even if such tracklists have been compiled, mixed and mastered...

They have, you dumb f***.

... it is still no guarantee that Mike Love, Brian Wilson, Al Jardine & The Estate of Carl Wilson will agree on the proposed track listing , and sign to give permission for release.

They have, you even dumber f***.

What a quick return to form.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 02:36:40 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2013, 02:54:46 PM »

Alright...Phil's gone, so that's done. Everybody got a chance to get their frustrations out. It's done. That said, let's move on and go back to discussing the boxed set rather than going back and forth with each other.

Thanks.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx