gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:18:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made In California set for August 27th!!!!  (Read 127220 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2013, 11:02:18 PM »

I saw a tentative track list many many months ago.  I know it has been changed and changed back since then.

I'm not going to get into specifics so as not to get anybody into trouble, and also I'd hate to say X track was going to be on and then it not happen.  But I was REALLY impressed.  If that track list made it through the approval process (a big "IF") then fans will be in for a treat. 

And I also have heard that Mike did NOT block the coolness.
MBE
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »

Finally a little bit of news.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2013, 02:00:10 AM »

Well yes, and I know the day is coming when I log in, and see this thread has skyrocketed to 20 pages.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2013, 08:44:37 AM »

I saw a tentative track list many many months ago.  I know it has been changed and changed back since then.

I'm not going to get into specifics so as not to get anybody into trouble, and also I'd hate to say X track was going to be on and then it not happen.  But I was REALLY impressed.

Are you able to say why you were impressed without giving away song titles?
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 08, 2013, 09:01:12 AM »

I'm not going to get into specifics so as not to get anybody into trouble, and also I'd hate to say X track was going to be on and then it not happen.  But I was REALLY impressed.

Are you able to say why you were impressed without giving away song titles?

Then it wouldnt be a lil' bit of news.

Well I will be checking back, again.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
PhilCohen
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2013, 10:40:30 AM »

By the way, over at the Steve Hoffman forums(stevehoffman.tv) there's an ongoing discussion thread about whether (in the absence of "Made in California") people should seek out the "Good Vibrations: 30 Years of The Beach Boys" box set. Obviously, outside of the true believers who populate this forum, most other people have given up on the idea that "Made in California" will ever be released. 18 months after Capitol's initial announcement and still The Beach Boys & Capitol maintain their "Wall of Secrecy" policy....showing total contempt for the fans.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2013, 10:45:55 AM »

sh*t...i thought you were taking 6 months off......

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2013, 10:52:36 AM »

By the way, over at the Steve Hoffman forums(stevehoffman.tv) there's an ongoing discussion thread about whether (in the absence of "Made in California") people should seek out the "Good Vibrations: 30 Years of The Beach Boys" box set. Obviously, outside of the true believers who populate this forum, most other people have given up on the idea that "Made in California" will ever be released. 18 months after Capitol's initial announcement and still The Beach Boys & Capitol maintain their "Wall of Secrecy" policy....showing total contempt for the fans.

Or maybe they just want to know whether they should grab "30 Years of GV" before it becomes hard to find. Just because a new box is coming doesn't mean the old box won't retain some value.  It has alot of cool stuff on it and not all of it will necessarily be repeated on MIC. Nor will the sound quality necessarily be superior. These are things which remain to be seen. Even still, historically, the GV box is still relevant as a highly pleasing trip through Beach Boys history and will never be totally dismissable....in my opinion.....
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »

The sum total of discussion in that thread since June last year:
Has anyone compiled a list of what's still exclusive to this set now?

(list of stuff that's only on the box)

"San Miguel" is on the Ten Years of Harmony comp, is it not?

It was...it pre-dated the GV box by over a decade.

My first Smile experience was the dreadful Early Years boot (the long Can't Wait Too Long being its only redeeming feature) but hearing disc 2 of the GV box changed my life almost immediately.

I spent an entire year compiling my own mixes with names like "Smile #27."

Yes, what a ringing endorsement for your view that is, Phil. You can just feel the desperation there, the screams of "Why, Capitol, why have you forsaken us in this, our hour of need?!"

How could someone interpret 'I spent an entire year compiling my own mixes with names like "Smile #27."' as anything other than an absolute denial that the Made In California box will ever come out? The evidence is right there! WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2013, 11:19:35 AM »

I must be missing something, but show me a single post in that Hoffman thread where someone is lamenting the absence of MIC or "giving up on the idea" that it will ever be released.

It's a thread on the merits of the GV box set. Nothing more. Nothing less.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/beach-boys-good-vibrations-thirty-years-box-set.286487/
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:43 AM »

Then it wouldnt be a lil' bit of news.

those aren't the words of adamghost.
whose side are you on, man?    Smokin
PhilCohen
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2013, 11:31:42 AM »

The sum total of discussion in that thread since June last year:
Has anyone compiled a list of what's still exclusive to this set now?

(list of stuff that's only on the box)

"San Miguel" is on the Ten Years of Harmony comp, is it not?

It was...it pre-dated the GV box by over a decade.

My first Smile experience was the dreadful Early Years boot (the long Can't Wait Too Long being its only redeeming feature) but hearing disc 2 of the GV box changed my life almost immediately.

I spent an entire year compiling my own mixes with names like "Smile #27."

Yes, what a ringing endorsement for your view that is, Phil. You can just feel the desperation there, the screams of "Why, Capitol, why have you forsaken us in this, our hour of need?!"

How could someone interpret 'I spent an entire year compiling my own mixes with names like "Smile #27."' as anything other than an absolute denial that the Made In California box will ever come out? The evidence is right there! WAKE UP, PEOPLE!

I never compiled anything called "Smile #27".
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2013, 11:39:53 AM »

C'mon, Phil. Answer the question. You said that the Hoffman thread was "about whether (in the absence of "Made in California") people should seek out the 'Good Vibrations: 30 Years of The Beach Boys' box set."

Now, show me a single post in that 4-page thread, as of right now, that backs that statement of yours up.

We're all waiting.
PhilCohen
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »

C'mon, Phil. Answer the question. You said that the Hoffman thread was "about whether (in the absence of "Made in California") people should seek out the 'Good Vibrations: 30 Years of The Beach Boys' box set."

Now, show me a single post in that 4-page thread, as of right now, that backs that statement of yours up.

We're all waiting.

Maybe the comments that I saw(when I looked a few months back) were removed by Hoffman's censors. There is nothing now.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »

A dog ate my argument.
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2013, 12:08:45 PM »

We're all waiting.

I'm not waiting.

Please, let's not let another thread get derailed with this stuff.  It really is pointless.  You will never, ever convince this guy of anything that he does not want to believe.  It just won't happen.  Accept it and move on.

Now, let's hear a little more from adamghost.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »

Please, let's not let another thread get derailed with this stuff.  It really is pointless.  You will never, ever convince this guy of anything that he does not want to believe.  It just won't happen.  Accept it and move on.

Yes. Especially the bit in BOLD3D
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2013, 12:22:41 PM »

We're all waiting.

Maybe the comments that I saw(when I looked a few months back) were removed by Hoffman's censors. There is nothing now.

Or "maybe" you simply imagined the whole thing.

i used to think you were playing this repetitive game merely to yank people's chains. A sort of juvenile exercise that you got your kicks from. Now, I'm starting to believe that you really do need professional help.

In terms  of your wall of secrecy...there isn't any. The box set has been announced for release on August 27, 2013. It' s been announced as being titled Made In California. It's been announced as being 6 CDs. Even if that info were still to change ten times in the upcoming months, there's nothing at all "secretive" about any of it as of now.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2013, 12:29:12 PM »

We're all waiting.

I'm not waiting.

Jeff, with all due respect, this is the first time I've ever even entertained or replied to Phil on this board after reading all his nonsense. My apologies for saying "we're" all waiting. But, *I* certainly am waiting to know why he feels the need to put words in other people's mouths and flat-out lie in the process of doing it. That's simply not right. Nor, should it be tolerated by anyone.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2013, 12:34:46 PM »

The box set has been announced for release on August 27, 2013.

Wait, there was an official announcement?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2013, 12:46:53 PM »

Speaking for myself (why would I be speaking for someone else) I will be happy whenever the Box Set comes out, and I trust that it will be glorious.  C'mon It’s the Freakin’ Beach Boys, people!  Genius band, genius singing and playing, genius writing; what else is there?

The good news is, I have at least till August to save up for it.

Till then I am still highly enjoying that Smiley Smile remaster, which I also consider to be a work of genius.  Brian was/is the Charles Ives of California!  Think about it!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2013, 12:59:32 PM »

We're all waiting.

I'm not waiting.

Jeff, with all due respect, this is the first time I've ever even entertained or replied to Phil on this board after reading all his nonsense. My apologies for saying "we're" all waiting. But, *I* certainly am waiting to know why he feels the need to put words in other people's mouths and flat-out lie in the process of doing it. That's simply not right. Nor, should it be tolerated by anyone.

In all seriousness, I think it's very likely, as you said above, that he needs professional help.

Arguing with someone who is unbalanced, or at least seems to be, just does not do anyone any good.  From time to time, we all see people raving about some conspiracy or talking to themselves on the sidewalk, but we generally don't stop to debate them.  And there's really no reason to do so here.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

'Tis true.  Smiley

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1931764
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »

In all seriousness, I think it's very likely, as you said above, that he needs professional help.

Arguing with someone who is unbalanced, or at least seems to be, just does not do anyone any good.  From time to time, we all see people raving about some conspiracy or talking to themselves on the sidewalk, but we generally don't stop to debate them.  And there's really no reason to do so here.

Well, I can't really disagree with any of that. It probably is futile. I guess I just found his latest comment to be so utterly baseless -- even by his own standards -- that my usual penchant to totally ignore him got corrupted. I figured there had to be some rational explanation on his part. Shame on me.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:29 PM »

'Tis true.  Smiley

http://www.wmmr.com/music/news/story.aspx?ID=1931764

I'm really hopeful for the August release, but I'd still like to hear an announcement from Capitol soon.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 24 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx