-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:54:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat  (Read 108315 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2018, 05:30:06 PM »

Last-2 yrs back you changed ava' to your mini-me riding the bike in clown costume to some holiday (trick&treat at Halloween?). Is it that new bike or did I mix it up with "hand-me-down" trike? Either way, nice pic.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2018, 07:04:30 PM »

Ha ha, no that was the hand me down trike. I was not quite 6 years old. That picture was taken during our Kindergarten Mardi Gras Parade. Shortly after that I started having the problem with the handlebars coming off.
It might have been that next Christmas (1963) when I got my new bike.

You have a great memory. I only had that avatar up for a short time.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 20, 2018, 03:23:13 AM »

Thank you kindly. I've got question for you as smb. who lived the 60s - is it true that this decade is when black kids were allowed to go to school with white? Or is it the 50s? I read few yrs back the site which showed "the 1st black child" who attended school with whites. Little black girl pictured. Can you tell when you went to school did you see many such pupils? Did racism fade away during your school time?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 20, 2018, 05:46:33 AM »

There was a ruling by our Supreme Court, Brown vs Board of Education that said in 1954 that the public schools needed to be desegregated, because Black students were not receiving the same level of education as White students. Back in the late 1800s there had been an earlier ruling by the Court that "separate but equal" was okay - have separate schools, say, but they had to be of equal quality . Didn't turn out that way.

There started to be desegregation in the South n 1957, with high school students. There was a lot of turmoil, and governors decided to close all public high schools for a while, until they were  ordered to reopen.

In New Orleans, things were done differently. They started with first graders. After testing, some Black children were selected to integrate a couple of schools in 1960. One child, Ruby Bridges, integrated one school. The other three were at another school. (I worked with one of them -Tessie Prevost W.) Ruby Bridges is the girl you probably saw. It's sinful how these children were treated, and there were repercussions with their families. Bridges' father lost his job, and her Grandfather in Mississippi lost his. There were a few white children who went to the school, but they received so many threats that they could no longer attend.

I started first grade in 1963. My class was integrated and I don't recall any problems. My older sister's class didn't become integrated until she was in sixth grade, when one Black girl attended. When this girl became ill in class, the teacher asked if anyone could accompany her to the nurse's office. My sister volunteered, and as they left the teacher whispered to my sister, God bless you. My sister thought that strange - all she was doing was going with the girl to the first aid office. Well, by doing that my sister was branded a n----- lover and ostracized. To her credit, my sister didn't give in to them and became friends with the girl. My family rallied around her, as she would get heckling phone calls. It was crazy.

As for racism in my class, I didn't notice any at first. It started to creep in during the later grades, sixth grade and up. That's when I first started hearing that "n word" among white classmates. This would have been in 1968 with the presidential election. One of the candidates was George Wallace, a segregationist from Alabama.
Racism continued through high school, with some of the white students, not all by any means. I avoided those students. I didn't notice any racism among the Black students.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 05:48:57 AM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 21, 2018, 03:47:11 AM »

Thanks to take the time to reply. It's very interesting read. & good sister.

Will modify this post or type new reply if get new questions when I see, hear, read sth.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 21, 2018, 08:27:10 AM »

I'd like to add some information about the history of anti-black racism and the civil rights movement in the northern part of the country, because I think it is not really told as part of the "story," even inside the US. I'm personally too young to have experienced this, but my dad grew up in Minneapolis through that era, born in the mid-40s, and I've read the information that has come out since. I think RRA1 or others might find this interesting to help complete the picture.

Usually the story is told more or less as South = Bad, North = Good. And obviously the South had a more explicit kind of anti-black racism in slavery and then formalized segregation. But in the North, there was a different kind of discrimination. For one, there was a far smaller black population, so with a more homogeneous (white) population, it was easier to say the right things and "preach." In the 1900s, as there was a mass exodus of black people out of the South into the industrialized Midwest and North where they could find jobs, there were problems.

First, cities often used "redlining" in real estate to segregate races. It wasn't really publicized, but it was actually formal. Certain cities and neighborhoods were zoned to exclude different races: blacks were among those to whom houses simply were not sold. This automatically kept races in their own enclaves, and predictably, poverty bred poverty while resources were used on the white areas (which were already the better areas, with the black-dominated areas often in or near industrial zones). The official city documents are quite clear on the racist intent.

Second, the middle of the century was when cities experienced "white flight," where middle class white people left the core cities and moved to the suburbs. This brought their tax revenues with them, leaving core cities crumbling and increasing in crime while suburbs got the boost of those tax dollars.

When my dad went to a public high school in the city, there was something like two black people in his class of almost a thousand. That same school now is just under 80% minority (including 35% Hispanic, 33% black, 6% Native American). Even now, the remnants of those situations I described above remain. Certain neighborhoods have been mostly impoverished for half a century or more, and those are the neighborhoods that were "redlined" for minorities.

These sorts of issues are part of why during the Civil Rights era of the 60s, there were race riots in places like Detroit, Chicago, the cities of Ohio and Pennsylvania, etc. The supposedly enlightened North.

My point being, it was easier then for the Northern white people to fault the South, because they mostly did so from a distance: it is easy to fault people far away for their handling of situations that are outside your own experience. When confronted with people of other races, they basically ghettoized them and then fled altogether. So they weren't exactly the good guys they are sometimes painted to be.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2018, 09:18:34 AM »

I've no favorite poster - against human favoritism, in fact, which seems to be especially fashionable today - but there's been many favorite posts by different people since reading Smiley. The previous 2 posts here get that nod. I, to be sure, appreciate the info about (anti-) racism, it IS interesting but via it, it's interesting to read about posters' fam backgrounds, how people lived before. Which makes the racism question look like non-sly pretext to getting precisely that. Anyhoo, thanks to both.

Btw, since I said "both", here's new questions for you.

Liz, you said parents conceived 5 kids, "all girls". I read people who've got same-gender siblings, there's rivalry & envy with each, esp. if the age gap is really little. Would you say it's the case in your fam too? Or did parents brought you such that you, girls, shouldn't envy if, say, some sister is the prettiest, the cleverest & the other typical labels?

2the captain - Why St. Paul & Minneapolis dubbed twin cities? What, they're literally twins (shop, theatre, museum, houses location-wise)? It could be the single case when 2 cities in the same place dubbed twin cities. Least I didn't hear/read anything like it. Will you tell shortly about it?

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2018, 11:26:40 AM »

Minneapolis and St Paul are known as the Twin Cities because where usually a metropolitan area has one large core city surrounded by suburbs, they grew to be two large, (nearly) coequal cities (surrounded by suburbs).

Originally the term actually referred to two settlements in the early 1800s on each side of the Mississippi River. But both of those actually ended up part of Minneapolis. However St Paul continued to grow and was made capitol city of Minnesota, while Minneapolis grew even more and was the commercial and cultural center, mostly on the other side of the Mississippi River from St Paul. So each became a large, important city in its own right, and basically they grew into one another. But where Budapest was two cities that became one, these remained independent of each other even though they are adjacent. Thus, the “twin cities.”

(They are definitely NOT twins though. They’re quite different.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »

Liz, you said parents conceived 5 kids, "all girls". I read people who've got same-gender siblings, there's rivalry & envy with each, esp. if the age gap is really little. Would you say it's the case in your fam too? Or did parents brought you such that you, girls, shouldn't envy if, say, some sister is the prettiest, the cleverest & the other typical labels?

We were born in a 10 year period - 1949, 1950, 1953, 1957 (me) and 1959. I would say that there is a lot less sibling rivalry than normal. Of course there are some minor bits of envy on occasion, but when there is a family emergency we all unite and put any differences aside.

We all share a love of nature and music. We have all adopted stray dogs and cats. We have somewhat different tastes in music but find common ground with 60s-70s music.

The only place we diverge is politics. My two oldest sisters are very conservative, the middle child very liberal, and my younger sister and I more "middle of the road." I do everything possible not to discuss politics with my second oldest sister. If I don't agree with her 100 percent she goes into a rage (I'm not exaggerating). I'm going on a whirlwind trip with her to Memphis in a couple of days. I'll pack some Elvis cds and make sure the radio stays on the Elvis channel. No news allowed!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2018, 06:08:46 PM »

'lright, double thanks.

Edit. Looks like to answer the below with at minimum yes/ no is twice difficult.

Edit 2. Monday wisdom: Donuts inferior to Russian "baranki". Dull human being is defined by bragging about their resume when in fact nobody cares about it. As in haha, epic fail. & last but not the least wisdom - hate moon, sun's better miles away. :D
Don't thank me. police

I shall bring up sth. that's got sth. to do with Surfer, as he posted today. Few yrs back, Agd dubbed me "despicable" due to such tiny reason as me telling Surfer he's cute. Anybody rmbr such laughable incident? I'm still puzzled by people's reactions at the time. Once Agd said it, the others agreed instantly & began doing this weird "let's sympathize Surfer to make him forget such bad thing told towards him" favor.

1stly, anybody ever thinks with their brains or do they quickly blindly agree with everything smb. they treat as god says? Surely, only bcuz you respect poster VERY MUCH, doesn't mean you HAVE to agree with them about everything on molecular level, right? Roight? Then, doesn't anybody sane - read: really sane - actually think this is waaay overblown & calling people with Down's syndrome "cute" is indeed OK, zero despicability about it, in fact? What say you, current folks?

Here, where I live, when people with Down's syndrome, esp. young like Surfer, appear in TV shows as guests, the other guests don't receive boos from the audience when they'd comment he/ she is cute & when they're visibly shown to be charmed by adorableness of Down syndrome people. No big deal, no problem there AT ALL. It's literally 1st time when I said it at Smiley where I discovered, to the endless puzzlement, that it's taboo.
You, foreigners, really don't make sense to me at times.

I found Surfer cute. Is it TOO bad? Can't people with Down's syndrome be cute, for pete's sake? Tell.

In advance I'll say it seriously baffled when people without knowing Surfer & initially thinking he's just troll, spammer, IMMEDIATELY changed their attitudes when they'd seen his vids & - WOWZERS - began to bring apologies (!) to him for their "mean" treatment of him! What. Is. This.

I'm usually skeptical when people in the Internet start defending people they never met, never will, basta (hey, it's cool! Be glad you'll never meet any, even your fave posters, consider yourself lucky as the whole idea is cringeworthy & cheesy as hell. But hey, am a-OK if anybody/ all disagree, ha). When people feel bizarre impulse to show off kindness (keyword "show off"), it tells me right away they fake it - to set the record by getting plentiful of likes, to get woots, to have people looking amazed AND up to them with clear devotion. I may be cynical as Mikie dubbed me in emails in different case but this is the way I see it.

Rules are for everybody. It takes seconds to use search function & bump your, the other poster's thread on the subject you wish talk about. Then there is such useful thread as "Insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread". Type questions there anytime you like to. Instead, Surfer (& to bigger extent, MaryUSA) started new threads about really old subjects they raised before numerous times. & yes, am aware it's not exclusive to him & her but they're kinda classic examples, if you will, albeit in different subboards.
I'm glad Billy banned him few yrs back for week. It's called being fair & balanced. But, iirc, he got backlash due to such mod decision. I laughed when few folks got annoyed with it (as if Surfer is 1) their kin 2) bosom buddy they knew/ grew up with since 2 yrs old 3) long-time dear neighbor).

Just like I laughed when people asked Rbb resign the mod duty, then when he resigned, the other camp of people started whining about it AND blame publicly people who made said Rbb resign. The latter's especially hilarious! Hello? Anybody home (I mean, it's Rbb's decision, it was up to *him*, NOT *people* asking him to resign. Anybody reading Rbb's various posts will agree it's not characteristic that he'll obey what people tell him to do. Nope, it's not Rbb. You got it wrong, folks, ha. & regarding Surfer, he got banned JUST for 7 days, Billy didn't ban him fo-re-ver. What, 7 days without Surfer's end of the world? He didn't post much anyway, what's the big deal?)?

But, people turned 360 degrees at Surfer as soon as they'd seen his face. It strikes me as lame. Yep, it sure does. Either be consistently kind from get-go or don't be at all. What's the sudden special treatment anyway? Surfer CLEARLY didn't care EITHER way.

Frankly, it makes things worse. We must treat everybody equally & not be extra kind/ polite to specific group if they differ in some way. It isn't fair to everybody *else*. Besides, you create pity & trigger self-pity in these people. It ain't good. I treat my dwarf friend Daiana like she's normal height. If we quarrel big time, I don't step back & walk in eggshells. She doesn't remind that she's dwarf, doesn't play this card & answers cooly back during quarrel. I'm 100% sure Surfer's just like that, doesn't care one bit. Yet people started obsessing over him. If anything, it's creepy. Or if not creepy, stupid, bizarre, what you've got.

Anyhoo, rant ends. Everybody did these kinda rants, musings, ramblings now & then here & elsewhere. Some rants even got huge respect, at the very least were allowed to be. Then I believe it's OK to write mine. At least I didn't start special separate thread, did I? I'm glad re-reading back this reply. Stand by everything. I'm sure at least few people - posters, mere readers - secretly agree completely with it. People rarely admit publicly agreeing with smb. like I.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:44:55 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 23, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »

Brow

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 23, 2018, 04:54:15 PM »

Ta. I like what's written there too. I'd tell me "Well said".

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 23, 2018, 05:19:12 PM »

I’m not going through your post point for point, but I think actually (and maybe surprisingly?) I agree more than not. I also think your language comes across as very blunt and harsh in English, which could easily be that it’s a second language. Or maybe that’s just how you talk.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 23, 2018, 05:38:55 PM »

That reply's main point is to get the definitive answer if it's indeed "despicable" in the States/ English-speaking places to tell people with Down's syndrome "You're cute" or it's nice way to address, i.e. it doesn't differ than you'd call average people "cute". Nobody answered it.

& negative re: that's maybe the way you talk. Typically, in Russian I'm polite. Diplomatic even.

Let's face it, everybody now & then says some blunt speech. F.ex. it's folks like I.Spaceman who said various rude/ blunt/ harsh things yet for bizarre reasons got respected by many, even got "cult status". Or Becca at PS. Nobody's got any problem with sth. she said. Or TRbb.
That reply's just sth. that annoyed me at the time big time. I frankly thought it was too much ado about nothing (OK. I dubbed Surfer "cute". Big friggin' deal). Noisy blah blah reactions.

Btw, your "Little Children" Sandbox thread/ speech is sth. I'd describe blunt as well. The point being, again, anybody can be blunt, harsh, disregarding language aspect. Yet it's usually I who people single out. Your OP in that thread got woots, wows, respect. Nobody raised any problem with what you stated. People both in the Internet MB's & irl seem to give better reception to respected people, smb. in the cool kids' table, with social "credentials", smb. in the in crowd. But if pretty much the same stated by smb. else who doesn't fit any such category, they'll get negative replies. Here's case in point which accurately illustrates what here I talk about, read quotes within:

It's funny - "Holy Man" is nothing special yet beats many tracks in POB. Btw, could Kalinich be the least interesting BBs collaborator? I would say yes.

This post is bordering on trolldom.

As much as it pains me to say so, I mostly agree with RRA1 and disagree with you entirely. I agree that Holy Man is nothing special (though I'm not sure about the POB part), and consider Kalinich's lyrics pretty bad on the whole.

Holy Man may not be the most complex track in the world but its vibe is fantastic. Kalinich's lyrics were cliched but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts when combined with Dennis's music (Little Bird, Be Still)  or Brian's (California Feeling).

See the drastic change in attitude by poster Dove Nested Towers. It's taken usually for granted, it's "fair". Interesting.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:03:08 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2018, 06:34:14 PM »

As you are not a native English speaker it’s harsh for someone to call you “despicable” for calling someone with Down Syndrome “cute.”
Cute is not a word I use as an adult to describe good looking or nice guys. I did use that word as a teenager. When I use that word now it’s usually when discussing babies or animal behavior - “oh look at that little kitty playing with the ball. That’s so cute.”
Cute is not a “wrong” word per se, But I think the guy thought that by calling Surfer “cute” you were belittling him, being condescending towards him. I know that wasn’t your intention.
I’m answering on my phone as there isn’t any WiFi where I am tonight so it’s too difficult to read your entire post. I can read it tomorrow when the hotel we’re at will have WiFi so I can read on my tablet,
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 06:36:06 PM by NOLA BB Fan » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »

Well what do you know. It puts quite different light. In fact, it clarifies everything. Still doesn't justify "despicable". Thank you, valuable info.

Yes, zero intent to belittle Surfer. In the videos Surfer posted, he looks very young, like indeed teenager, with youthful voice. He genuinely looked to me cute & I said as much. Sth. about people with Down's syndrome is cute, to my eyes anyhow. That's really about it.
Bottom line: b4 hallucinating that ANYthing I say is *every*time bad, think that it could be, in fact, good.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:56:25 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2018, 11:06:27 PM »

I think referring to people with certain disabilities as "cute" and "adorable" comes across as quite offensive and hurtful to most people, at least in English speaking regions.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:13:41 PM by Jay » Logged

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2018, 11:18:40 PM »

I noticed you're always late to the party. It's settled. Case closed. Question answered. NOLA BB Fan kindly explained to me what's wrong with it few hours back. I advise you to read the other posts before replying as you don't add anything new to discussion. If you side with Agd being his huge fan - just say it. If it's perfectly fine with you that he dubbed me "despicable" for calling Surfer unknowingly "cute" - again, say it directly.

I suspect if it were the other way around, i.e. me calling posters "despicable", you'd say it's very rude to address people like that. Double standards at play.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:23:41 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2018, 11:50:52 PM »

^ Absolutely no need for that. The matter is indeed settled but no need to start attacking . I had the same initial reaction and I was gonna post something similar...would you go after me the same way? I would hope not.

This was all a misunderstanding and I sincerely hope this is over.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:54:02 PM by ♩♬☮ Billy C ♯♫♩☮ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2018, 11:54:10 PM »

I was merely just trying to speak on the possible language/culture barrier. That's all.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2018, 12:01:29 AM »

2Billy: I'm not sure where you see "attacking" in that post. I said what I see. Jay is Agd's fan, even "liked" his posts at PS. How is it "attacking"? & I merely state that when Agd dubbed me "despicable" for calling Surfer "cute", nobody ever even dared to stand up for me when it should've been the case. Everybody suported Agd. Nobody for bizarre reason told him it's "attacking", "offensive", "hurtful". I didn't insult or call Jay names as you see. Besides, NOLA BB Fan did explain it few hours ago before Jay. There was absolutely no need for Jay to tell me once more that I misused that darn word. It's like he emphasizes that it's MY fault & not Agd's. Understand it, please.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2018, 12:13:48 AM »

but it wasn’t “unknowing “ at the time it happened..of course people were going to react negatively! Now of course it’s a different story, it was a misunderstanding. Saying he’s “always late to the party” and that’s he’s AGD’s fan...come on, that’s not needed. It was a misunderstanding and it’s over now.

We know what kind of person AGD is, we didn’t know it then . I myself fell for his lies, and I regret that terribly. This has nothing to do with that

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2018, 12:27:41 AM »

People knew even then that I didn't speak English originally. They could've cut me slack. There's been lotta times at Smiley when people defended some poster against the other. But never when it was I vs. poster X. They usually told ME to quit it & the other went scott-free. It isn't fair if you ask.

As to Agd's fan & late to the party - OK, I'll save these observations in brains, I stand by them. To be honest, I still don't see anything bad in saying it. & it WAS over & done with before Jay chimed in. As I said, NOLA BB Fan did explain it to me. That could do.
Tbh, I'm not sure why Jay liked Agd's posts at PS if you know both "what kind of person Agd is". Then, in my logic, his posts shouldn'be liked. Paging Jay, I know you're friend, it's understandble you support Jay but I'd like if Jay replies to it as I talk to him.
Anyhoo.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2018, 12:29:14 AM »

I think it was all a misunderstanding back then, too. I think certain phrasing and "bluntness"(as NOLA BB Fan put it) of one culture, while well meaning, can translate differently in another culture and language. Perhaps people didn't pay attention to that fact because of agd being here, and wanting to side with him.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2018, 12:33:56 AM »

Speaking for myself I personally apologize for having misread things in the past and having taking things wrong.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: