-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:08:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandbox thread for insignificant chit-chat  (Read 108394 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2018, 05:22:17 AM »

Beatles song tales:

- Yesterday, Martha my dear and polythene Pam bought savoy truffle, then suddenly here comes the sun, they start shouting "Good day sunshine!" & hear smb. else shouts ditto - it's their rich friend Lucy in the sky with diamond earrings flying in the balloon. Martha & Pam get her attn, she shouts "If I fell, would you run for your life to catch me?". No reply.

- She said "She said "Everybody's got sth. to hide except me & my monkey"" (girl gossips to another girl).

- She came in thru the bathroom window dressed as walrus to spoil the party. But the house empty. Everybody took magical mystery tour to see what goes on in Pepperland.

- "Get back." - "I'll be back". (Michelle & Her Majesty exchange letters).

- There's a place in strawberry fields where you can see mother nature's son sleeping 8 days a week.

- "Lovely Rita, your mother should know that Mr. Moonlight stopped at Penny Lane hostel to live but this boy at reception drove his car without permission & Mr. Moonlight caused helter skelter in the hostel."

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2018, 05:38:00 AM »

Beatles song tales:

- Yesterday, Martha my dear and polythene Pam bought savoy truffle, then suddenly here comes the sun, they start shouting "Good day sunshine!" & hear smb. else shouts ditto - it's their rich friend Lucy in the sky with diamond earrings flying in the balloon. Martha & Pam get her attn, she shouts "If I fell, would you run for your life to catch me?". No reply.

- She said "She said "Everybody's got sth. to hide except me & my monkey"" (girl gossips to another girl).

- She came in thru the bathroom window dressed as walrus to spoil the party. But the house empty. Everybody took magical mystery tour to see what goes on in Pepperland.

- "Get back." - "I'll be back". (Michelle & Her Majesty exchange letters).

- There's a place in strawberry fields where you can see mother nature's son sleeping 8 days a week.

- "Lovely Rita, your mother should know that Mr. Moonlight stopped at Penny Lane hostel to live but this boy at reception drove his car without permission & Mr. Moonlight caused helter skelter in the hostel."

Michelle, Why Don't We Do It In the Road?
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »

2KDS: Since you posted in this thread, which Beatles song lyric do you think witty, clever (song title excepted)? To me, "Paperback Writer" & "Lady Madonna" rife with many cool lines. Not sure why but "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" associates with "Crime & Punishment". But in the song it's tongue-in-cheek.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2018, 06:45:24 AM »

2KDS: Since you posted in this thread, which Beatles song lyric do you think witty, clever (song title excepted)? To me, "Paperback Writer" & "Lady Madonna" rife with many cool lines. Not sure why but "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" associates with "Crime & Punishment". But in the song it's tongue-in-cheek.

I think the line in Eleanor Rigby, "waits at the window / wearing a face that she keeps in a jar by the door" is pretty clever.   
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2018, 06:20:06 PM »

Ha ha, reminds me of one of my most common expressions:
I always make sure to "put my face on" before going out the house lol.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2018, 06:43:11 PM »

Ditto, 'cept my jars are in the bathroom.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2018, 12:19:13 AM »

2Buckethead & NBBF: Not sure what you 2 say, it's like reading Chinese grammar. Tell me what do you mean by "jars are in the bathroom" & "put face".

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2018, 04:16:16 PM »

RRA! - So sorry! These phrases must be confusing! In America (perhaps elsewhere?) women who are middle age and beyond often refer to applying  make-up as "putting my face on." My comment referred to doing the same, but instead of keeping my make-up "in a jar by the door" (like Eleanor Rigby), I keep my make-up in the bathroom and apply it there.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 02, 2018, 04:51:32 PM »

2Buckethead - isn't it bizarre that many "she" creatures put the make-up & really frightened/ panicky to be without it? What's the big deal? If they're ugly without it, they must show the ugliness, everybody sees it. That's it, easy. Plus, it's nuisance, can't people be cheapskates, to buy the beautifiers is very expensive. Yet they're willing to spend money to it. Bizarre indeed.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2018, 03:15:20 PM »

I agree that it is sad that many females do not feel secure without wearing make-up. I know several who simply will not be seen unless they have layers of paint covering their face. As for myself, I am comfortable without it, never wear it at home. I do wear full make-up when I dress up, however. I feel that my look is incomplete without a little bit of this and a little bit of that on my face when I am in a nice dress, heels, and a cute hairstyle. Otherwise, when I go outside, I wear a pricey foundation with zinc oxide in it to protect my skin from the sun. I can't tolerate chemical sunscreens, and zinc oxide is the best full-spectrum mineral sunscreen. The problem with it is that it looks white on the skin unless blended with pigment, hence the make-up. My one claim to vanity is almost wrinkle-free skin at 58 (a couple of soft "laugh lines" under my eyes if you look really carefully) because gave up my tanning addiction at age 19 and used sunscreen every day, year round, since then.     
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »

RR1, I tried going without makeup but people kept making comments. Children would point at me. My former boss kept joking that the redness in my face was due to my being embarrassed by something someone said. Got tired of it.
My makeup isn't expensive. I get it on sale, buy one, get another one at 50% off. So it's 12-13 dollars for 2+ months of piece of mind. People compliment me on my pretty, smooth face lol.
I don't wear lipstick. Some medicine I took 30 years ago caused my lips to be permanently chapped. So they are a nice pink shade that people also compliment me for! All I use is a little lip balm, again very cheap.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »

Free lip color from Mother Nature, add a little balm and ... very nice. I don't need blush for the same reason.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 04, 2018, 05:35:00 AM »

OK. We'll agree to disagree.
Buckethead, here's fun game. Look at this list, reply with associations, f.ex. qwerty - uiop, orange - orange, twin - twin, friendship - affable. Here's the list: label, digit, glory, business, light, freeze, banjo, nerd, karate, fan.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 04, 2018, 12:16:19 PM »

OK!

label - sticky, digit - finger, glory - guts, business - money, light - dark, freeze - melt, banjo - strum,  nerd - goofy, karate - judo, fan -
       enthusiastic
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2018, 04:34:04 AM »

Interesting, many people playing this game associated digit with finger. Not sure why. Now you. Do they mean the same, by chance?

Next game - Create short tale using these additional words: brood, Boris, frenzy, Stepan, lollipop, cafe-chantant, jovial, Gucci, vroom, Cooper, Monica, stool, banjo, jumpstart, peer, pierced, Nala, Grayer, marine, balloon, Ravi, xylophone, polish, pork, Dusya.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2018, 07:19:52 AM »

RRA1- Digit comes from the Greek word, digitus. It refers to whatever exists at the end of a limb - hooves in a horse, fingers on people, etc. I think in Old or Middle English it referred to a unit of measurement that was the width of a finger.

Boris and Stepan were in a jovial mood and decided to take their broods to hear music and singing at a nearby cafe-chantant. Their wives, Monica and Nala, got gussied up in their best Gucci ensembles and pierced nose rings. They piled into Boris' van, which after a jumpstart, went "vroom" as they sped down the highway. When they arrived at their destination, they gave each of the kids a big lollipop to keep them occupied and settled in it listen to the main act, Cooper and the Copts. He and his talented peer were ensconced on stools; they whipped themselves into a veritable banjo frenzy. Next up were Ravi and Grayer. They threw dark marine balloons into the crowd as they sang. With the lovely and talented Dusya accompanying them on a xylophone, all were mesmerized by their musicianship. Afterward, Boris and Stepan took their families to polish off pork and sauerkraut at a nearby outdoor cafe.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2018, 05:35:35 AM »

Few funs:

1. In 6 degrees change dog into cat.
2. Pair these 8 random words, explain shortly the pairs: fashion, grunge, spaceship, milkman, pest, kite, parasol, nickel.
3. Replace camera request "Cheese" to sth. else yet people still smile.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 07, 2018, 04:44:20 AM »

What, you don't like fun questions, Buckethead? Was 200% sure EVERYbody likes fun questions. No, 10000% sure. As well as fun games, quizes, surveys, interrogations. It's fun, you know. I like asking questions, it's favorite thing to do as I'm extremely curious. Nobody likes curious people but hey so what, right. Not really sure why you delay answering, Buckethead, esp. since it's super easy funs. Look fwd to the answers, it's super important. police
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 04:18:31 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2018, 04:19:28 PM »

OK!

1. dog-log-leg-peg-pat-cat.

2. fashion-grunge = kids who like grunge dress a certain kind of way. spaceship-pest = people who are especially interested in space travel are usually annoying pests. kite-parasol = In that fun scene in Mary Poppins she had her parasol and everyone was flying kites. milkman-nickel = when milkmen delivered milk when I was a kid a small bottle was a little more than a nickel.

3.  lasagna
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2018, 04:58:56 PM »

Next - "Choose" game.
1. Manioca or tapioca?
2. Alfreda or Fredericka?
3. Pizza or sloppy Joe?
4. Roach or spider?
5. Fool or silly?
6. Brick or marble?
7. Tapatalk or schmapatalk?
8. Coolly cool or greaty great?
9. Steering wheel or back pedal?
10. Meadows or fields?

Explain choices shortly.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2018, 02:36:41 PM »

1.  Manioca - Who knew it was the source of tapioca? Not me.
2.  Fredericka - Sounds better for a woman's name.
3.  Pizza - I'm a vegetarian.
4.  Spider, I guess. Hate both.
5.  Silly - Sounds more fun.
6.  Brick - warn and cozy look.
7.  Neither. Both annoy me.
8.  Cooly cool, definitely, Just sounds more...cool.
9.  Steering wheel - Takes me places, doesn't stop me.
10.  Meadows  - sounds more romantic.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 15, 2018, 04:47:20 AM »

You say in point 3 you're vegetarian - when did you realize you hate meat's taste/ fragrance? Did you decide being influenced by various beliefs, maybe you practiced TM, liked Linda McCartney's cook book etc.? Did you at times cheat by eating few meat bits every 2-5 years? Many questions, curious what you answer, Buckethead.

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2018, 04:28:06 PM »

I never liked meat as a child, stopped eating it around age 16 when I became aware of the treatment of the animals used for food. If meat were necessary for life and health, I'd not be so judgey of meat-eaters (which I am, but see the following). Don't miss it. I still eat/drink dairy products because I am too lazy to plan/prepare a healthy vegan diet and like to think that the cows providing the milk are not suffering. I have "cheated" with clams, mussels, oysters on a few occasions because I tell myself that these creatures don't have a developed enough nervous system to suffer. No, I don't practice TM or anything like it. I twice had some meat as a dinner guest; took a small slither, nibbled a bite, pushed it around my plate, covered it with mashed potatoes, etc. I don't like to force my opinions on others.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2018, 05:04:43 PM »

You say you're judgey of meat-eaters, yet you don't speak up about it to them. Does it mean it's impossible that 2 sides freely exchange their different food views & it's going to end with each side's being offended? Is it disallowed/ bad move that you & meat-eater express what they dislike about the either food habit?

Buckethead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2018, 05:42:50 PM »

It's more an issue of I feel as I feel, purely on an emotional level, and others feel as they feel. It's best, IMO, not to force one's views on others. Of course, I'll discuss my beliefs if asked. When I say "judgey," it's not as if I think that someone who eats meat is a bad person and I must tell them that. I just don't like the fact that people eat meat when it causes so much suffering.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: