gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:00:40 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIC(!) & Live album get release dates  (Read 16109 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2013, 03:50:26 PM »

From Musictap:

http://www.musictap.net/2013/04/08/tapsheet-release-notes-april-9-us-report/

Capitol Records will have two Beach Boys packages planned for two separate dates.  Live – The 50th Anniversary Tour is listed for May 21, while Made In California is on the calendar for August 27.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 03:51:17 PM »

'Bout friggin' time.  Grin
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »

From Musictap:

http://www.musictap.net/2013/04/08/tapsheet-release-notes-april-9-us-report/

Capitol Records will have two Beach Boys packages planned for two separate dates.  Live – The 50th Anniversary Tour is listed for May 21, while Made In California is on the calendar for August 27.

Perfect!
My wife's not a fan and she's away the week the box set comes out!

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 03:58:53 PM »

Yay! Yay! Yay!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 04:15:42 PM »

Very well spotted. At last something fresh for us to fall out over and a date on which Phil's banishment can end!

I'm so happy I'm going to run naked round the village tonight handing CD copies of WIBNTLA to old ladies.

“We live in divisive times.”
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 04:25:41 PM »

Well I'll be...
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 04:26:50 PM »

Told you all! Two weeks after my birthday!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »

'Bout friggin' time.  Grin
As excited as I am to finally see some actual movement on the newsfront with this thing, yeah, what he said.  Jeesh!

Let's hope some of this extra time has gone into really polishing up thg box set's contents and offering us a truly special release.  I know I'd just about kill to hear the rest of the Summer's Gone / My Life suite (and then probably die a happy fan), and if it's not going to fature as the centerpiece of a new Beach Boys album, then it sure would mean an awful lot to see the rest of the suite finished and featured on Made in California

And hey, more great news - the live album is right around the corner!  One for the start of the next endless summer, and one for the end (can there be an end to and endless summer?).  Between these and the end-of-year dvd project, we should be in for a real treat this year.

Oh, and please, any folks at BRI who may be reading - please make certain one of the performances of "Summer's Gone" winds up on the live album.
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »

Excellent!

Which means that after the soon-to-be haggling over the artwork, disagreements and changes to the liner notes, arguments over alleged revisionist history, and endless tweaking to the final track line-up, we'll see the box just in time for my 50th birthday.........in March 2015!

JUST KIDDING! Smiley

(Very excited about this)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:58:51 PM by Dave Modny » Logged
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 06:02:20 PM »

The box set is:

disc 1: Endless Summer
disc 2: Spirit of America
disc 3: Sounds of Summer
disc 4: The Warmth of the Sun

bonus disc: Summer in Paradise

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 06:06:13 PM »

It's alive!!!

This will be the BEST SUMMER EVER!!!

Thank you Beach Boys!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 06:47:45 PM »

When, Billy?  The Professor is 8/11.  Automatic b-day present ratio, as if we needed one.  I can only hope that BB 2012, the great 5-man reunion band, is represented on MIC; I am sure there are gems in the can that did not make Radio. Some of the arcana that you all discuss appeals to me, but I know nothing of those rarities, so I am hoping for "new music," especially since there is no new BB album
goodtimer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »

Shut up and take my money
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 08:22:36 PM »

Okay, hand it over.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 08:45:25 PM »

When, Billy?  The Professor is 8/11.  Automatic b-day present ratio, as if we needed one.  I can only hope that BB 2012, the great 5-man reunion band, is represented on MIC; I am sure there are gems in the can that did not make Radio. Some of the arcana that you all discuss appeals to me, but I know nothing of those rarities, so I am hoping for "new music," especially since there is no new BB album
13 Aug!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:13 PM »

Made In California.. Now that would have been a good title for the most recent new album. Instead of the cheesy 8 syllable having nothing to do with the 50th anniversary reunion one they chose...TWGMTR. Although my choice would have been 'Tales From Hawthorne'.
goodtimer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 09:00:34 PM »

Okay, hand it over.

But you didn't shut up
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »

13 Aug!

Brother Leo--I knew I liked cha! 

The BB have a boxed set coming out in summer and a live 50th-anniversary double album coming out in a few weeks, and they are not going to get together to promote those as a unified band, and they are not going to cut a new album.  They could have turned all the good will into even greater glory; it was there for them--another appearance on Fallon, which will be The tonite show, some stadium gigs, Hollywood bowl again--all and every corner of the world--China for the first time (M and B are going alone). 

What could have been if only Mike and Brian sat down and said "let's write some beautiful songs about all this--all we have gone through and make them as good as Kiss em baby and Warmth of the Sun.. . . . . ."

I said I was done with this, but I have failed. I still do not see how they can accept final disunity.

"Mark me, Hal."
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 09:58:35 PM »

Most live albums nowadays have accompanying video, this gives me hope there will be an improvement over the last one.

Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

usdagsdjasdgaskdgasgdhjsagdhfjhdfjhdjfh!!!!!

Hopefully we'll get a price soon, as I'm saving up for some separate (and slightly more expensive) venture early next year, but I must buy this as soon as possible!

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2013, 12:52:11 AM »

usdagsdjasdgaskdgasgdhjsagdhfjhdfjhdjfh!!!!!

Hopefully we'll get a price soon, as I'm saving up for some separate (and slightly more expensive) venture early next year, but I must buy this as soon as possible!

First, thanks for the info, made my day.

Second, for what it's worth: my retailer put the (now gone) pre-order price point at € 102.99. That was for the then-announced Sept 13 release, IIRC.

So I can say nothing about the validity of this obsolete announcement, other than that it seemed to be fairly reasonable.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
SonicVolcano
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »

Ehmm..what is this live release exactly? An incomplete show again? Smiley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2013, 01:47:41 AM »

Good news. Finally. Although when MIC arrives summer will be almost gone. So to speak.  Undecided

Quote from: Generation42
Oh, and please, any folks at BRI who may be reading - please make certain one of the performances of "Summer's Gone" winds up on the live album.
Hell yeah. I second that notion.

Ehmm..what is this live release exactly? An incomplete show again? Smiley
2 CDs, presumably. Good performances gathered from multiple shows.

STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2013, 02:04:46 AM »

Good news. Finally. Although when MIC arrives summer will be almost gone. So to speak.  Undecided

They only played it two times and both times it was far from perfect, performance wise.
I'm guessing it won't be on the cd.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 02:07:00 AM »

They only played it two times and both times it was far from perfect, performance wise.
I'm guessing it won't be on the cd.

Yeah, you can either have "no messing with the sound" or Summer's Gone, but you won't get both. Brian messed up his lead quite badly both nights.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx