gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680825 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:27:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MIC(!) & Live album get release dates  (Read 16249 times)
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2013, 12:36:13 PM »

Good news. Finally. Although when MIC arrives summer will be almost gone. So to speak.  Undecided

Quote from: Generation42
Oh, and please, any folks at BRI who may be reading - please make certain one of the performances of "Summer's Gone" winds up on the live album.

They only played it two times and both times it was far from perfect, performance wise.
I'm guessing it won't be on the cd.

Yeah, you can either have "no messing with the sound" or Summer's Gone, but you won't get both. Brian messed up his lead quite badly both nights.
Yes, he did have some issues both times, but every number on these cd's will be sweetened, guaranteed.  It's done by virtually every act when they put out an official live release, and, well, we know that the Beach Boys have a historty of doing it themselves.

The band's perfomances of the number were fine and not every not Brian sang was pitch-y, or anything.  My point is that there's no reason the meat of either of the performances of "Summer's Gone" couldn't be included, along with a bit of in-studio help (which again, we are virtually assured has been done on whichever tracks are included) to provide a perfectly workable 'live' version of the song.
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »

Yes, he did have some issues both times, but every number on these cd's will be sweetened, guaranteed.  It's done by virtually every act when they put out an official live release, and, well, we know that the Beach Boys have a history of doing it themselves.
Exactly, they WILL polish up some of these live tracks and fix what needs to be fixed.  That could mean re-recording parts, editing, and/or unfortunately auto-tune.  So Summer's Gone could definitely make the cut if they really wanted it on there.  And if there are any decent leftover tracks that don't fit on the live album, they could be added as bonus cuts to Made In California itself or part of a CD single.  I have to say that I wasn't really that interested in a live album of the tour, but after hearing the live recording from Japan, I was very impressed and I'll buy this new one.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 01:29:14 PM »

Quote from: AndrewHickey
Yeah, you can either have "no messing with the sound" or Summer's Gone, but you won't get both. Brian messed up his lead quite badly both nights.
Yes, he did have some issues both times, but every number on these cd's will be sweetened, guaranteed.  It's done by virtually every act when they put out an official live release, and, well, we know that the Beach Boys have a historty of doing it themselves.

That's entirely possible -- I was just pointing out that people have been saying they want no sweetening, and it's got to be one or the other.
Personally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an undoctored release, though -- partly because, of course, the band aren't working together any more, and partly because with 75 shows to choose from if there's really not a single performance of each song that's usable than something's very, very wrong. That's not to say it *will* be undoctored, of course, but the things that applied to, say, the Knebworth show don't apply here.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:20:14 PM by AndrewHickey » Logged

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 02:13:34 PM »

Now we're going to have the inane incessant posts of "I can't wait until August", probably by the same ones who filled threads on the board months before the Smile box came out.

Be watching for it.  The posts will have kind of a whiny tone to it.

Oh what a shame. People being genuinely excited for something. It's a sick world.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 02:38:18 PM »

It's not fair is it.

“We live in divisive times.”
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »

Now we're going to have the inane incessant posts of "I can't wait until August", probably by the same ones who filled threads on the board months before the Smile box came out.

And you're whining now there will be inane incessant posts?  Razz

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

I can't wait till August.

Head Spin 

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 03:21:49 PM »

Yep. Preparing myself for the onslaught of posts pining away for MIC until August. At least a couple of times a week you'll see it. Same people over and over. People with nothing else in the world to do but post that. Annoying as hell.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 03:26:02 PM »

Yep. Preparing myself for the onslaught of posts pining away for MIC until August. At least a couple of times a week you'll see it. Same people over and over. People with nothing else in the world to do but post that. Annoying as hell.

...plus we're guaranteed to see one or two new threads created JUST to say "I can't wait till August...it's driving me crazy! Agh!!" or something close to that.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »

Personally, I'm planning on getting more annoyed at the self-referential meta-commentary posts that implicitly attack themselves.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 03:46:54 PM »

That's entirely possible -- I was just pointing out that people have been saying they want no sweetening, and it's got to be one or the other.
Personally, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of an undoctored release, though -- partly because, of course, the band aren't working together any more, and partly because with 75 shows to choose from if there's really not a single performance of each song that's usable than something's very, very wrong. That's not to say it *will* be undoctored, of course, but the things that applied to, say, the Knebworth show don't apply here.
The truth is, I was really trying to reply to both you and STE at once, so I tried to give my post a more general tone.  In fact, Ram4 really put it better than I did when he said "Summer's Gone could definitely make the cut if they really wanted it on there."  That's really all I was trying to say.

And yes, you're absolutely right, it would have to be one or the other.  That said, while I know a lot of folks are wishing for a warts'n'all type of release, I think we know, deep in our heart-of-hearts, that it's probably not very likely.  And I want to make it clear that this isn't meant as a dig against the band in any way.  It's just how things are generally done these days and I think the best we can realistically hope for is tasteful, organic-sounding 'fixes,' whenever they appear.  Then again, I don't have any inside knowledge here, or anything.  I could certainly be totally off-base in my presumptions here.

You make a very good point about the plethora of material the group has to choose from, though.  As far as the guys not working together now?  I don't know.  I mean, periodically, we've seen photos of Brian, at least, seemingly at work in the studio, virtually since the week the tour wrapped.  Was it for 'sweetening' live tracks?  Finishing up some of those unheard suite numbers for Made in California?  Maybe demos for a proper follow-up to TWGMTR (or a new BW album)?  Have any other of the guys been in the studio in the past months?  Interesting questions, at least (even if I don't have any answers).

What I do know is that I'm sure excited that we're getting this live album, with MIC looming in the not so distant future, too.  Smiley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2013, 03:49:18 PM »

« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 03:51:20 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »

Personally, I'm planning on getting more annoyed at the self-referential meta-commentary posts that implicitly attack themselves.

Are you referring to my posts by chance, Mr. Hickey?

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2013, 03:53:03 PM »

...plus we're guaranteed to see one or two new threads created JUST to say "I can't wait till August...it's driving me crazy! Agh!!" or something close to that.

Exactly. Makes you think that some people should get a life. When it comes, it comes, you know? Pining away on a message board ain't gonna expedite its release!

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2013, 04:34:06 PM »

From Musictap:

http://www.musictap.net/2013/04/08/tapsheet-release-notes-april-9-us-report/

Capitol Records will have two Beach Boys packages planned for two separate dates.  Live – The 50th Anniversary Tour is listed for May 21, while Made In California is on the calendar for August 27.

FUN FUN FUN

Cool Guy

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2013, 05:04:10 PM »

The posts will have kind of a whiny tone to it.

I'm just going to drink wine til August...... Wink

oh....and clear space on the ipod for both new releases!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:05:50 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2013, 05:33:15 PM »

See?? I told you the posts will have a winey tone to them!!   Grin

goodtimer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »

You are annoying as hell, take a chill pill man, you are whining over things that haven't happened with a tone of schizophrenia as well.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »

Only 4 posts in and you're a dick. What goes around, comes around, pal. Very much looking forward to responding to your posts in the future! Gotcher "Goodtimer" right here!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 06:23:39 PM by Mikie » Logged

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2013, 06:40:32 PM »

Oh what a shame. People being genuinely excited for something. It's a sick world.

Actually you're the number one 'piner' that I had in mind, Shady! Funny you should respond to this! I see you've already been "excited" here for a couple of months now. I'm excited too, but I have patience, because there's absoulutely NOTHING I can do about it before August. It's out of my control, ya know?  Shocked

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2013, 06:56:23 PM »

Actually you're the number one 'piner' that I had in mind, Shady! Funny you should respond to this! I see you've already been "excited" here for a couple of months now. I'm excited too, but I have patience, because there's absoulutely NOTHING I can do about it before August. It's out of my control, ya know?  Shocked

Hey, even people with four posts don't like you Mikie, that says something, ya know.

As for being excited, well I can't really help that, it's an emotion that comes with happiness, you wouldn't know too much about that, sadly.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2013, 07:09:07 PM »

Shady, in keeping with your constructive, informative posting tradition, go back to dog-piling on Phil Cohen with the rest of them. You're real good at that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:16:14 PM by Mikie » Logged

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2013, 08:08:54 PM »

And keep dog-piling on me Mikie, you're real good at that.

goodtimer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2013, 09:22:21 PM »

Only 4 posts in and you're a dick. What goes around, comes around, pal. Very much looking forward to responding to your posts in the future! Gotcher "Goodtimer" right here!  Grin
Why do you think i want to fight/argue with you? You are being annoying as hell but i'm telling it so you at least think about the things you are saying and how pathetic you look, over 3500 posts and you are still a dick, maybe you should relax and stop whining so much.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2013, 11:28:06 PM »

We've just had the best Beach Boys news in a year and people are attacking each other over it?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx