gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:06:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Down Print
Author Topic: M & B Tour 2013  (Read 145521 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 20, 2013, 12:48:27 PM »

Thank GOD Bruce only sang 1 verse of White Christmas..

I thought his voice sounded nice. But it was a sappy arrangement!

When I close my eyes I could swear I'm in an elevator!
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:19 PM »

How weird is it hearing a 72 yr old man talk about his 5.5/ going on 6 brother? CREEPY!  That's one they can probably hang up and retire. Although i've said that with Be True To Your School and they trot that one out! On the flip side Mike sounds great on Little St. Nick!
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 20, 2013, 10:01:11 PM »

Speaking of Be True to Your School, I was watching a show from the mid 90s and couldn't believe that Mike was already doing the Whhhhheeeeeeeennnnnn + rev up the hot rods one more time + Bruce was already adjusting his mic and hardly playing the keyboard. So, how long, exactly has that been going on? Was it since the 80s?
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 21, 2013, 07:25:19 AM »

My first show was in '88 and I'm pretty sure Mike did the "wheeennnn" thing then. Back then he also used to intro the hot rods by sarcastically telling the crowd that they surely didn't want to hear a song about "a little duece coup", or something called "I Get Around".....Until the crowd would implore him to play them, which he gladly obliged  Roll Eyes
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 21, 2013, 01:41:54 PM »

My first show was in '88 and I'm pretty sure Mike did the "wheeennnn" thing then. Back then he also used to intro the hot rods by sarcastically telling the crowd that they surely didn't want to hear a song about "a little duece coup", or something called "I Get Around".....Until the crowd would implore him to play them, which he gladly obliged  Roll Eyes
He said something like that in 01 about hearing an outdated song called Shut Down.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 20, 2014, 09:53:31 AM »

Reading Mike's Facebook post about the show in Austin yesterday. The show included Ambha singing "Darlin'", according to the set list in the key of D. Anyone have any audio/video of this? Having heard Ambha sing before, I'm surprised she would sing "Darlin'" in such a high key. I think she has a nice voice and was impressed of her singing "Sail On Sailor" on their 2010 tour.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 20, 2014, 03:39:18 PM »

That shtick Mike does for the Car Medley  Is at least 30 years old + the intro to BTTYS about the same.. Around 1981 that all started.. Mike needs new writers  for his shtick... Cool
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 03:41:21 PM by Mr. Wilson » Logged
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #732 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:22 AM »

I love that breaking down routine and the sound effect when his guitarists lift him up! Cheesy

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Nicko1234
« Reply #733 on: January 21, 2014, 02:58:11 AM »

How weird is it hearing a 72 yr old man talk about his 5.5/ going on 6 brother? CREEPY!  That's one they can probably hang up and retire. Although i've said that with Be True To Your School and they trot that one out! On the flip side Mike sounds great on Little St. Nick!

You could say that for 75% of their songs. It is ludicrous to hear a bunch of old men singing about getting around and having fun, fun, fun with young girls but they have little choice.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx