gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680823 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 04:06:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do YOU most want to see in Brian's upcoming biopic?  (Read 24528 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2013, 12:17:21 AM »

Oh my God, they should get this guy to do the soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEHWJT5QRQ
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2014, 10:54:06 AM »

This is remarkably self-serving, I know, but I would love to turn The Beach Boys: The Sitcom into a twitter page. Would I run into trouble for using the band name? People seem to get away with using Seinfeld and Star Trek, and they are big corporate names too.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2014, 03:41:43 PM »

Brian arrested after sawing the heads off of parking meters and sent to a labor camp where he does hard labor in his bath robe, chain smoking, long greasy hair dripping sweat, while Strother Martin screams, "what we have hear, is a failure to communicate singing shortening bread"!!!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2014, 03:54:19 PM »

LOL

Brian arrested after sawing the heads off of parking meters and sent to a labor camp where he does hard labor in his bath robe, chain smoking, long greasy hair dripping sweat, while Strother Martin screams, "what we have hear, is a failure to communicate singing shortening bread"!!!

"I bet he can't eat 50 slices of cake in one hour..."

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2014, 06:26:20 PM »

LOL

"I bet he can't eat 50 slices of cake in one hour..."

Landy: Why you gotta go and say 50 slices of cake?   why not 39, or 35?     Brian:   "Just seems like a nice round number"
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »

LOL We should've helped cowrite this movie Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »

LOL We should've helped cowrite this movie Grin

Hope that doesn't prove true  LOL
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2014, 10:16:49 PM »

I hope that Zeppo will be featured

Make waves, not love
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2014, 12:55:00 AM »

I want Brian's biopic to be the stuff that happens between the first 2 Terminator movies.

What happens to John Conner between conception and teenagerdom?

No mas, por favor.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: November 18, 2014, 04:38:26 AM »

Brian finishing SMiLE in time for a January 1967 release. Including using a symphony orchestra for the final take of "Surf's Up".

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 18, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »

So, I guess, if I can't use The Beach Boys name in a Twitter account name, what name could I use that could draw some views?
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2014, 03:17:58 PM »

Okay, it's up and running. For how long, who knows?

https://twitter.com/BBsitcom
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2014, 03:21:35 PM »

Neil young likes it! LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2014, 03:23:48 PM »

Neil young likes it! LOL

Ha! I wish. I am following his account, not the other way around. For now. Grin
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2014, 07:43:21 PM »

Why it has only 1 tweet? I thought you'd post the whole thing for others to read over there.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

What whole thing? I'm going to put up a new one every day. A lot of them come from here but I'm working on new ones as well.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »

A lot of them come from here
That's what I meant by "whole thing". I think it will draw more attention than post every day new episode. Is that right?

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2014, 08:11:39 PM »

A lot of them come from here
That's what I meant by "whole thing". I think it will draw more attention than post every day new episode. Is that right?

Maybe but the convention of this is to put up a new one every day. My Twitter models are "Modern Seinfeld" and "TNG: Season 8." If I put them all up now, people late to the party might miss the new ones as they go up. While I occasionally like to scroll back to see previous "tweets," I don't think that's the norm.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2014, 09:51:14 PM »

If I put them all up now, people late to the party might miss the new ones as they go up.
Gotcha. May I ask - did this skit idea come to you spontaneously or it was sth. you planned to do in the beginning of your BBs fandom?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2014, 09:55:16 PM »

It came to me during this thread last year - you can see the germination of it on page 2. The beginning of my BB fandom was 25 years ago -- I wouldn't have been able to think this up then. I'm barely able to think it up now.
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2014, 12:07:56 PM »

And believable beards, please!

Man, 'Believable Beards, Please!' - that's the best potential band name I've come across in ages.  Grin

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »

Just in case you may be interested, and I find that hard to believe, here are a few new Beach Boys sitcom episodes from the Twitter account. I may be winding down soon so please enjoy them while you can.

Brian’s Valentine’s song for Marilyn is postponed after he decides it needs more train whistle; Carl sends 60 candygrams to himself.

When a friend gets married, Brian tries to claim two dinners at the reception; Mike demands that Van Dyke Parks explain his toast.

After Bruce obsesses for two hours about his hatred of kites, his blind date finally walks out; Al’s excited to show everyone his new kite.

St. Patrick's Day episode: Dennis pretends to be Irish to get a girl but ends up in the IRA; a session ends early after Brian forces Al to "sing like a leprechaun"

Carl is up for a humanitarian award; Mike embarrasses Al when he puts him on his shoulders and walks to the hardware store.

The band goes to a baseball game. Dennis catches a foul ball and gives the ball to Al who mistakenly throws it back onto the field.

Brian worries his song about going on an escalator is too complex for the guys; Mike’s beard keeps getting stuck in the garbage disposal.

Bruce purchases a WWII landmine which leads to a very chaotic vocal session; Mike is confused when he spots the Maharishi driving a Ferrari.

When Carl’s birthday cake goes missing, everybody but Brian wants to find out what happened to it.

Mike ruffles some feathers when he pens a lyric about Carl’s inability to get a bank loan; Bruce teaches Al how to leave an adequate tip.

Dennis wonders if he made the right decision in lending his car keys to some hillbillies he met at the dump; four of Al’s teeth go missing

When the band play Sullivan, they face a dilemma when Sullivan asks them to change the song from Dance, Dance, Dance to Study, Study, Study

At a live show, Bruce complains that kids eat too much candy today; Carl is sure that Bruce has been stealing from his candy collection.

The band returns to the Hollywood Bowl after Al finds out he forgot his mittens there; Brian accuses Ringo Starr of trying to steal his soul

The band is being honored in Salt Lake City; Dennis drinks too much and wakes up the next morning married to twenty-eight women.

Bruce refuses to play at a sock hop because he believes the government is trying to steal his shoes; Brian’s new friend is a cactus.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2015, 11:15:12 AM »

Keep going. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2015, 12:11:09 PM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php?topic=13419.0

I wrote this 3 years ago, a little embarrassed about it but this was where my mind was then.  I'm so glad the film doesn't enslave itself to the normal tropes that come with biopics.  Title cards for different eras, heavy makeup, hitting every beat in someone's life.

My inclination would have been wayyy more conventional (as you can see) and it would have been awful.  Although, I'm still proud of the way LOVE & MERCY opens.  In my head, that's where the story needed to start - with Brian in bed in the 1970s.  The way the film does though is so masterful, Brian really did deserve this VIP treatment he got.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2015, 12:28:08 PM »

Wow, I don't remember contributing to that thread at all! It's been a busy three years.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx