gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:30:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love talks about C50 shows (March 26)  (Read 24157 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 30, 2013, 07:18:03 AM »

"The Beach Boys were one of the most innovative and influential singing groups of their time but they really seem to be more remembered for their corny radio hits than the experimental psychedelic rock masterpieces they created in their heyday.  I’ve always wondered why that is, but now I know.  This episode of Full House single-handedly ruined the Beach Boys for an entire generation".
Nailed it.

Undecided
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 30, 2013, 08:18:39 AM »

Hey, we could be talking about Brian playing 'Mr Hawthorne' on The New Leave it to Beaver! LOL

Now that was even cornier than Full House!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 30, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »

I see nothing wrong with anything Mike said in this article.  I dont' know what it is about Beach Boys fans that gives them such a thin skin.  Here, for the emotionally challenged, I'll give you a emotionally balanced summary of the article.

- Mike says he had a good time touring with Brian

- Mike says he likes all the band members, also compliments John Lennon and Paul McCartney

- Mike says he'd be interested in working with Brian in the future

- Mike says he loves the fans and loves playing for them

- Mike says you shouldn't disparage one member of your favorite band if you like another member better

- Mike says negative people should get a life

What's the problem?  Who doesn't agree with any of that, I thought that was all fairly Jesus-like of Mike.  IF ITS KEWL WITH JESUS IT'S KEWL WITH ME.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 30, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »

One of the funniest blogs on the web...this guy is in the process of reviewing every episode of Full House in chronological order. Hilarious:

http://www.fullhousereviewed.com/

I had a quick read.  Funny stuff Smiley   This is part of what he had to say about the Full House Beach Boys epidode:

"The Beach Boys were one of the most innovative and influential singing groups of their time but they really seem to be more remembered for their corny radio hits than the experimental psychedelic rock masterpieces they created in their heyday.  I’ve always wondered why that is, but now I know.  This episode of Full House single-handedly ruined the Beach Boys for an entire generation".

Full House appears to have been loosely based on Three Men and a Baby, 1987, the biggest box office hit of that year,  which was based on the French film from 1985, Trois Hommes et un Couffin (Three Men and a Cradle.) All three challenged the stereotype of a male caregiver successfully raising children.  It helped to break a barrier that men could not nurture children as well as women, not as a substitute, but as the primary caregiver.  

In an era of emerging violent TV, Full House was a program which children could observe the role model of a male in the primary parenting role.  A cameo of the Band, could neither have made, nor, broken their career.  Brian is in one of the shows.  But, it gave them, and continues to give them, via global syndication, exposure.  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 09:50:40 AM by filledeplage » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 30, 2013, 09:51:40 AM »

People seem to overlook that all the 60's stallwarts were pretty much sucking balls in the late 80's/early 90's. The Beach Boys were hardly unique in this.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »

People seem to overlook that all the 60's stallwarts were pretty much sucking balls in the late 80's/early 90's. The Beach Boys were hardly unique in this.

Very true. Hell, just look at the band formerly known as Jefferson Airplane. They may have built this city on rock and roll, but that lame ass song nearly tore it the f*** down.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2013, 10:19:44 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
oldsurferdude
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »

I see nothing wrong with anything Mike said in this article.  I dont' know what it is about Beach Boys fans that gives them such a thin skin.  Here, for the emotionally challenged, I'll give you a emotionally balanced summary of the article.

- Mike says he had a good time touring with Brian

- Mike says he likes all the band members, also compliments John Lennon and Paul McCartney

- Mike says he'd be interested in working with Brian in the future

- Mike says he loves the fans and loves playing for them

- Mike says you shouldn't disparage one member of your favorite band if you like another member better

- Mike says negative people should get a life

What's the problem?  Who doesn't agree with any of that, I thought that was all fairly Jesus-like of Mike.  IF ITS KEWL WITH JESUS IT'S KEWL WITH ME.
And don't forget, there are many here, including mYke that believes he can not only levitate but walk on water as well. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 02:54:35 PM by oldsurferdude » Logged
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:47 PM »

I've been away for a while, so in reading this thread I see AGD has been banned. What pray tell brought that on? Maybe he called someone a racist like he did me a few years ago when I was critical of BHO.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »

Temporarily suspended for posting  pm. He'll be back in a few days

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2013, 12:59:43 PM »

Is there something wrong with asking to discuss a matter via personal message/email?

Thanks.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2013, 01:05:03 PM »

Is there something wrong with asking to discuss a matter via personal message/email?

Thanks.
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

Thanks.

No...posting the CONTENTS of a pm.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2013, 01:13:35 PM »

Thanks.

No...posting the CONTENTS of a pm.

Thanks! 
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2013, 01:26:33 PM »

No worries!

wantsomecorn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2013, 07:38:23 PM »

Very true. Hell, just look at the band formerly known as Jefferson Airplane. They may have built this city on rock and roll, but that lame ass song nearly tore it the f*** down.
True that. And if you thought Full House was bad, at least The Beach Boys never performed on the Star Wars Holiday Special...

On our way through this "backstage" maze, Bruce joined up with the group and said hello, singing "It Never Rains in Southern California" and joking with some of the older ladies. I'm not sure if they knew he was a Beach Boy or simply an enthusiastic elderly gay gentleman.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2013, 07:39:37 PM »

It may have broken the 3rd seal and ushered in Kokomo a few years early!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2013, 07:49:26 PM »

LOL

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: March 31, 2013, 03:55:37 AM »

Oh,just a couple of things, you know, like BW88, Imagination, BWPS, OCA, LOS, BWRG, That's all. And didn't miss the throat twiddelings of Monsignor Luhv in any one of those outings, lyKe it ohr Knot. Didn't you mean nazal pukish bleatings?

IMHO, Awldsyrferdood comes across a bit chyldish.
It's nothing but a message board. Grohw Uhp, mahn. Razz

I already have. Your turn now. Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »

Oh,just a couple of things, you know, like BW88, Imagination, BWPS, OCA, LOS, BWRG, That's all. And didn't miss the throat twiddelings of Monsignor Luhv in any one of those outings, lyKe it ohr Knot. Didn't you mean nazal pukish bleatings?

IMHO, Awldsyrferdood comes across a bit chyldish.
It's nothing but a message board. Grohw Uhp, mahn. Razz

I already have. Your turn now. Grin
IYOO you have. LOL
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 08:23:22 AM by oldsurferdude » Logged
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: March 31, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »

Just be glad the BB's never recorded a Full House album! I can imagine Mike's lyrics to such tunes as "How Rude!" "You Got it Dude!" "You're in Big Trouble, Mister!" And of course they'd have to include cameos from Comet the dog and Kimmy Gibbler. And the music video would've had a lot of footage of Lori Loughlin in a bikini.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: March 31, 2013, 01:24:41 PM »

I just threw up in my mouth

Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #197 on: March 31, 2013, 03:37:29 PM »

To go from White Rabbit to that unmentionable atrocity against music is just mind boggling. How? Why? It's just not right.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 31, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

To go from White Rabbit to that unmentionable atrocity against music is just mind boggling. How? Why? It's just not right.
No Jorma, no Jack, no Paul, no Marty. Only Grace post rehab.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: March 31, 2013, 04:45:19 PM »

White Rabbit isn't even really a Jefferson Airplane song, it belonged to Grace Slick's old band, the Great Society (along with Somebody to Love).

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx