gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:21:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Picture Request: Walk of Fame Star  (Read 4720 times)
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« on: March 23, 2013, 01:10:40 AM »

It'd be awesome if any of you guys have a photo of the Beach Boys Hollywood Walk of Fame star that you'd be willing to share! I'm wanting to add an image of the star to the "legacy" section of the Beach Boys' Wikipedia article, yet all of the photos of the star I've found online don't state the copyright status of the images and as such, I'm not allowed to use them.

Also, if you have any other photos of Beach Boys related stuff you've taken and wouldn't mind seeing on Wikipedia, don't be afraid to post them here!

Cheers!

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 09:34:39 AM »

Here's one a friend of mine sent me back in June, 2011:
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 03:31:11 AM »

Smiley
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 08:13:34 AM »

Smiley
That's a great photo, but unfortunately I can't use it cos I don't know who the photographer is/what the copyright on the image is Sad

This is perfect! I'm assuming your friend won't mind if I use it, but if he does, tell me and I'll take it down asap. I gave it a new lick of paint and uploaded it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2013, 09:01:52 AM »

Smiley
That's a great photo, but unfortunately I can't use it cos I don't know who the photographer is/what the copyright on the image is Sad

This is perfect! I'm assuming your friend won't mind if I use it, but if he does, tell me and I'll take it down asap. I gave it a new lick of paint and uploaded it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_Boys
I know you can't use the one I posted, I just wanted to throw it in there.  Smiley Cool thing you're taking care of the Wiki page.
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2013, 10:19:13 AM »

Smiley

I know you can't use the one I posted, I just wanted to throw it in there.  Smiley Cool thing you're taking care of the Wiki page.

It's become an obsession! 5000 people check out the Beach Boys article each day and quite frankly, the information they're dealt is appalling. I truly think that if a really great Wikipedia article covered the entirety of the band's career, highs and lows, a lot more of those 5000 views a day want to check out the beautiful music this band has made. I believe each day there's an awful article being displayed to the public, it's a massive missed opportunity for the band. Unfortunately I can't completely turn things around overnight, there's a lot of work to be done. And I'm hesitant to make large content changes without great books to source the information (I'm waiting for Mike's upcoming Beach Boys book to change this around). Until then, I'm doing little edits like these Smiley

"A/S/L"?
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2013, 06:34:31 PM »

She's definitely okay with you using it.  It's great that you're taking the time to make these changes!
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »

It'd be awesome if any of you guys have a photo of the Beach Boys Hollywood Walk of Fame star that you'd be willing to share! I'm wanting to add an image of the star to the "legacy" section of the Beach Boys' Wikipedia article, yet all of the photos of the star I've found online don't state the copyright status of the images and as such, I'm not allowed to use them.

Also, if you have any other photos of Beach Boys related stuff you've taken and wouldn't mind seeing on Wikipedia, don't be afraid to post them here!

Cheers!
 Hi Quzi,  The Wikipedia page looks pretty good to me.  If that's all your doing, then GOOD JOB!!  I found some info...Not the photo that Lowbacca found, but one just a few more clicks down the same roll of film.  To find the AP Photo/ by Lennox McLendon         Google:  associated press December 30, 1980 beach boys Hollywood walk of fame            ...click:  the first stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame (it's right at the top)      This takes you to The New Haven Register    A very good photo is on page 32.  My newspaper clip is yet another photo (with Bruce chopped off LOL), as you know, Dennis was a no-show (on the beach?).  If you can find a way to access files from The SF Examiner, they ran a story on Wednesday, Dec. 31, 1980.  And, the same photo in Datebook section Thursday Jan. 1, 1981 - where they were kind enough not to clip Bruce...Who was in his customary white shirt/white shorts, ahh, winter in California...  if you don't find it, here are a couple of quotes from Mike:  "I see us as a contemporary folk group"    Really? (I said that).   And:  "I like to think that our music will still be preserved 200 years from now, on holograms or whatever."  "I think we provide an essential service...as long as we have a good time doing it, we're going to continue to provide it."   They made no mention if he was levitating over the star, as he spoke!  I was lucky enough to see them a couple of weeks later at UC Davis (in a gymnasium, natch), good show.  If you come across anything on that show, pm me.  I saw someone post the other day, that they never played gyms, but they did, even back then.  You know Quzi, I'm not that great at all the "tech" stuff, like even posting photos on this board yet, but hope to learn soon.  Then I will post the whole article in the media section.   see you out on the boards,  Will
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 10:29:32 AM by feelsflow » Logged

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:58:11 PM »

I saw the BB at the Forum Ingelwood Ca 12-31 80 and Dennis was there.. I read later he wasn't supposed to be there but Jerry Schilling let him in and he played..  BB played 2 sets and concert was over BEFORE midnight.. I was on the freeway in traffic at 1200 am.. Wall   My date and her 2 friends were NOT amused..   Should have started the concert later.. They played some stuff from LA + KTSA..
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx