gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:50:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hypehat remixes The Beatles in here.  (Read 1905 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 06:13:48 AM »

Afternoon, all.

In The Beatles Rock Band Thread, I posted this - it's George Harrison singing Something on the backing track played by Booker T & The MGs, from their instrumental cover of Abbey Road, McLemore Avenue.
https://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/something-mclemore-remix

Luckily they don't cover Maxwell's Silver Hammer  Grin

I think I'm going to do the rest in the same vein - I'm working on Mclemore's first track, which is Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End/Here Comes The Sun/Come Together. Some of it is a bitch, but just thought if I made a thread, it becomes a Thing I have to Finish.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:33:33 AM »

The first thing, is that for some reason Mr. Booker and his MGs really love changing the keys on Harrisons sh*t - so Something goes up to D from C, and Here Comes The Sun is three steps up in C. Hopefully it doesn't sounds like shite.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 08:02:21 AM »

Nice work! I bet some of those pitch key changes and pitch shifts caused you a headache but you attacked it with a lot of creativity. I like it!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:26 AM »

Thanks!

Here's a test of one of the more ambitious bits - The tail end of the Medley, followed by Here Comes The Sun and Come Together.

Needs to fix some levels and some timing (especially at the start), but do we approve? Here Comes The Sun and Come Together both affected by the dreaded pitch shifting.

https://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/golden-slumbers-carry-that

(oh yeah, and that final 'AHHHH' in The End - I DIDN'T TOUCH THE PITCH, IT JUST SOUNDS FLAT. WTF, BEATLES
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:07:25 AM by hypehat » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 09:27:19 AM »

f*** you, Booker T.

Ahem.

Does anyone know a better way to change pitch on things than the Audacity plug in? Can't find a decent thing in Cubase and because he seems to have raised the pitch of Because and You Never Give Me Your Money up, there are more artefacts than I'm really comfortable with....

zachrwolfe
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 02:12:47 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:00 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 04:45:48 PM »

Yeah, it's some kind of perfect storm of vocal shitness - Because is slower, yet a full tone up. Did some work on the Because/You Never Give Me Your Money track, the latter has melded surprising well in spots - have one more massive thing to do tomorrow, and then fixing it up. Some of it sounds ace

leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »

Thanks!

Here's a test of one of the more ambitious bits - The tail end of the Medley, followed by Here Comes The Sun and Come Together.

Needs to fix some levels and some timing (especially at the start), but do we approve? Here Comes The Sun and Come Together both affected by the dreaded pitch shifting.

https://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/golden-slumbers-carry-that

(oh yeah, and that final 'AHHHH' in The End - I DIDN'T TOUCH THE PITCH, IT JUST SOUNDS FLAT. WTF, BEATLES

Sorry! We can't find that sound.

soundklod sux. you probably shouldn't have used the real song titles

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 12:55:29 PM »

Maybe because it's set to private? Either way, it needs some work so I think I won't bother showing it yet.

On the other hand, I did the bad thing and torrented Pro Tools! And I'm installing it now. If all the sh*t people say about modern music is true, making it work in that should be a doddle. If not, I'll do the last one tomorrow (It's Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam/Bathroom Window/I Want You) and have a couple of days to fix the rough bits.

zachrwolfe
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 05:53:11 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:18:38 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 06:18:38 PM »

Amazingly, I had the exact same problem. It's a right bastard, isn't it?

Back to the drawing board. Listening back, I'm really worried about Because. Fucking elaborate vocal arrangement combined with Booker T pushing it up a key and playing it slower. Sounds like arse. Hopefully I can make everything else sound sh*t hot enough to forgive that one.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx