gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:28:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‍  (Read 4180 times)
zachrwolfe
« on: March 16, 2013, 12:15:01 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:46 PM by zatch » Logged
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »

I like it. You made a very layered reproduction of the BB version. Sounds like you had fun making it.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 01:22:41 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:35 PM by zatch » Logged
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:21:26 AM »

I would consider working on the pitch on those background vocals in particular, or alternatively use Melodyne to tune the vocals. On the production side it sounds a little incoherent and lack some punch in my opinion; I would use more time on the mixing. Smiley

Might sound a bit anal here, but with a degree in sound technology, as well as being a songwriter and musician, one tend to be like that Wink.

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:33:34 AM »

Very nice man! I love these kinds of covers, where you can just hear the fun!

zachrwolfe
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 12:55:34 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:31 PM by zatch » Logged
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 01:31:27 PM »

I would consider working on the pitch on those background vocals in particular, or alternatively use Melodyne to tune the vocals. On the production side it sounds a little incoherent and lack some punch in my opinion; I would use more time on the mixing. Smiley

Might sound a bit anal here, but with a degree in sound technology, as well as being a songwriter and musician, one tend to be like that Wink.
Thanks for the critique. Certainly doesn't work in my favour the fact that about 80% of the vocal parts (including the lead in some spots) are close to an octave out of my comfortable range. What I wouldn't give to have an effortless high voice like some of the great members on this board. Oh well.

I definitely agree with you on the mixing side, I've never been much of a mix engineer, but I was lazy that day and decided to just throw up a condensor in the room for the drums, if I'd used my four mic setup that surely would've improved things and added "punch" as you say.

I hear you. And like a previous poster said, it sounds like you have fun, which of course is very important. Smiley
Perhaps try to group all the backing vocals into a stereo track and put a compressor on the track. Unless you have analogue gear, I would always recommend Waves' plug-ins.

Very good job picking out the vocal parts, though! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 01:33:31 PM by tansen » Logged

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
zachrwolfe
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:19:27 PM by zatch » Logged
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 03:27:20 AM »

I use Reaper, using almost exclusively the built-in plugins. If you have any experience with them, how would they stack up against Waves? Thanks for the advice and the part-picking out comment.

Reaper is great. Waves are infinitely superior to the Reaper plugs though. The internet is full of free piugins so go and experiment with some of them.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx