gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:10:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Bamboo Trading Company  (Read 14319 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:25:24 PM »

The Bamboo Trading Company's self-titled album is set to be released on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, and is a new musical journey that takes the listener from Kitty Hawk, NC to Surf City, CA.

The Bamboo Trading Company are:
Gary Griffin
Randell Kirsch
Matt Jardine
Philip Bardowell
Chris English
Miami Dan Yoe

Special guest appearances include: Dean Torrence, Probyn Gregory and Grammy® Award Winner Alan Boyd.  Mastered by Grammy® Award Winner Mark Linett.

FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/TheBambooTradingCompany?ref=hl

TWITTER
https://twitter.com/TheBambooTradin

SOUNDCLOUD — To listen to the group theme song from the upcoming album of the same name.
https://soundcloud.com/thebambootradingcompany/the-bamboo-trading-company[/img][/img][/img][/img][/img]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 02:04:18 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:34:44 PM »

It looks good. Grin
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:24:45 PM »

Grammy® Award Winner Alan Boyd.  Mastered by Grammy® Award Winner Mark Linett.

Rock!

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »

The Bamboo Trading Company's self-titled album is set to be released on Tuesday, April 23, 2013, and is a new musical journey that takes the listener from Kitty Hawk, NC to Surf City, CA.

Was this by chance supposed to be that Dean Torrence solo album? Or at least Dean was supposed to be part of this group? Like it was his album and it was supposed to be called like From Kitty Hawk to Surf City.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:39:56 PM by sweetdudejim » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:39:56 PM »

A musical journey. Some kind of SMiLE or what?

At the risk of being a kill-joy, the track sounds very dated, as in late 70s to me. The logo with a surfer, palm tree etc, its all been done.

If Mike presented that for the new album last year he would have been dumped on from most here so I'm just trying to be honest.

(I'll go hide for awhile Embarrassed)

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 06:52:20 PM »

At the risk of being a kill-joy, the track sounds very dated, as in late 70s to me. The logo with a surfer, palm tree etc, its all been done.

If Mike presented that for the new album last year he would have been dumped on from most here so I'm just trying to be honest.

Then I'll have to hide with you. Sounds derivative and utterly inconsequential. Poorly mixed too. Can appreciate why BBs fans might find it interesting but unless I hear something more promising I'll let it pass…

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 07:41:01 PM »

Then I'll have to hide with you. Sounds derivative and utterly inconsequential. Poorly mixed too. Can appreciate why BBs fans might find it interesting but unless I hear something more promising I'll let it pass…

I'm with you guys.  But the song was written by David Beard and Gary Griffin's Hobbit cousin  Gary Girffin., so you better cut them some slack. 

>>  The theme song by The Bamboo Trading Company written by David Beard and Gary Girffin. Look for the new self-titled album on Tuesday, April 23, 2013.<<

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 02:47:31 AM »

Sounds like a very low quality MP3.  Looking forward to hearing more.  At-least it's an original song and not a another BB or Jan and Dean cover.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 05:54:58 AM »

Dean is on this album…  Some surprising stuff .  At least I think so.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 07:57:25 AM »

I am not familiar with Chris English and Miami Dan Yoe, can someone fill me in there?  As to the theme song, pleasant, but those 80's style keyboards are tough to sit through
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:00:18 AM by southbay » Logged

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 08:03:55 AM »

I am not familiar with Chris English and Miami Dan Yoe, can someone fill me in there?  As to the theme song, pleasant, but those 80's style keyboards are tough to sit through

Faces  with David Beard connections, is my guess: 

http://www.chrisenglishmusic.com/Bio.html   

http://www.examiner.com/article/star-of-the-beach-miami-dan-and-the-hayes-street-band-part-1

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2013, 08:21:57 AM »

"The Bamboo Trading Company (Theme)" was intended to be a tongue-in-cheek melange of the Monkees theme combined with J&D humor.  It's hardly a "serious track."  It was created with the sole purpose of creating the overall impulse of fun, which is something that Gary Griffin and I both felt was important.

The album has a lot of really great moments on it, and is a loosely derived concept… Not Smile.  Nothing is Smile except Smile.

The Bamboo Trading Company is a fun new group with some really cool tunes. 

Also, Mike Love is not a designer, so why would he be bringing in art?

I encourage everyone to visit the FB page, like it, check out the photos, etc.… Follow the BTC on Twitter too.

The album will be available on Tuesday, April 23. 
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »

My Mike mention was for the song, not the artwork. My fault.

Miami Dan Yoe....AGD's Chinese- American cousin perhaps? Grin
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:19 PM »

I listened the theme song, and I really liked it! Loved the chorus, harmonies with phaser and chord progression, and liked the effects in whole song. Liked the humor of the lyrics too.
I'm really looking foward to hear and buy the full album.
Congratulations to all involved.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2013, 07:46:29 PM »

"The Bamboo Trading Company (Theme)" was intended to be a tongue-in-cheek melange of the Monkees theme combined with J&D humor.  It's hardly a "serious track."  It was created with the sole purpose of creating the overall impulse of fun, which is something that Gary Griffin and I both felt was important.

The album has a lot of really great moments on it, and is a loosely derived concept… Not Smile.  Nothing is Smile except Smile.

The Bamboo Trading Company is a fun new group with some really cool tunes. 

Also, Mike Love is not a designer, so why would he be bringing in art?

I encourage everyone to visit the FB page, like it, check out the photos, etc.… Follow the BTC on Twitter too.

The album will be available on Tuesday, April 23. 

May I ask why Dean isn't a member of this group? Wasn't this his idea for the album? Wasn't he gonna do an album of the same name? Or at least a group member?

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-dean-torrence-album-the-works
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 07:12:01 AM »

[quote/]
May I ask why Dean isn't a member of this group? Wasn't this his idea for the album? Wasn't he gonna do an album of the same name? Or at least a group member?

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-dean-torrence-album-the-works
[/quote]

Pretty simple really.  Dean had a great time in the studio recording the songs he participated on.  The article link you sent mentions two of the four recordings.  We — Gary, Dean and I — evaluated the amount of participation that was comfortable for Dean.  At the end of the day, Dean decided that he wanted to be a guest star.  Gary then suggested a self-titled album.

Dean might be doing some more recordings, but that is still up in the air.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:58:33 AM by ESQ Editor » Logged
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 12:03:14 PM »

The intro track sounds great. Any news of a tracklist and were can i buy the album when released?
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:31:10 PM »

Follow the group posts here:  https://www.facebook.com/TheBambooTradingCompany
Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2013, 07:56:45 AM »

aaaaarrrrccccchhhhhhhh  Grin i cant wait till its released. Listning every day now and i like it more and more..

tracklist or more previews pritty please   Roll Eyes
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:04 PM »

Follow the BTC group pages here:
https://www.facebook.com/TheBambooTradingCompany

& here:
https://twitter.com/TheBambooTradin
zachrwolfe
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:17:41 PM by zatch » Logged
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 11:04:26 AM »

Don't really know how this is about The Beach Boys...
Not a bad song. Sounds kinda cliche though. The 80s have returned.

The theme song is purposely cliche.  Tongue-in-cheek.

Four of the six members have recorded and performed with the Beach Boys, and the guest stars (Dean, Probyn and Alan Boyd) are each associated with the BB… Mark Linett mastered it. 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 12:40:16 PM »

Grammy® Award Winner Alan Boyd.  Mastered by Grammy® Award Winner Mark Linett.

Rock!

Dean also won a Grammy. Just thought I'd mention it.

To tell you the truth, when I hear "from Kitty Hawk, NC to Surf City, CA" and then see that Dean is involved I expect just more of Dean's countless re-recordings of J&D/BBs material and the title song and arrangement sound just cliched enough to make me believe I'm not totally off.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 09:12:44 PM »

There are no re-recordings on the release.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2013, 01:21:10 PM »

There are no re-recordings on the release.

That's good news!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx