gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681472 Posts in 27638 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 09:17:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Check out Mike's facebook page now!  (Read 9637 times)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »

Now we all have a better idea of just what Clown School graduation really looks like. "We'll remember always, graduation day..." What's with the white lines across his forehead?? Did he have a lobotomy?

I think the baseball cap he'd been wearing all day was on a little too tight.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 05:12:09 PM by Death To Mike's Beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 05:06:15 PM »

What's with the white lines across his forehead?? Did he have a lobotomy?

No. As two seconds' research would tell you, Hindus, before celebrating their birthday in a secular manner, are meant to perform religious ceremonies ( pūjā ), including pūjā to Ganesh (which we see in some of the other pictures) and Shiva. The vibhuti, three horizontal white lines across the forehead, are a sign of devotion to Shiva and a way of purifying both the person who has them applied and anyone who looks upon him.

But of course that doesn't matter, does it? Just carry on ignorantly mocking the deeply-held beliefs of a billion or so people because they're a bit different from whatever it is *you* believe, rather than take two seconds to look anything up. After all, this way you get to insult someone who you rabidly hate for no good reason...
Well, ok, but I did think it may have been residue from the two sided tape he uses to keep his hat from falling off. Wink
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 05:12:10 PM »

What's with the white lines across his forehead?? Did he have a lobotomy?

No. As two seconds' research would tell you, Hindus, before celebrating their birthday in a secular manner, are meant to perform religious ceremonies ( pūjā ), including pūjā to Ganesh (which we see in some of the other pictures) and Shiva. The vibhuti, three horizontal white lines across the forehead, are a sign of devotion to Shiva and a way of purifying both the person who has them applied and anyone who looks upon him.

But of course that doesn't matter, does it? Just carry on ignorantly mocking the deeply-held beliefs of a billion or so people because they're a bit different from whatever it is *you* believe, rather than take two seconds to look anything up. After all, this way you get to insult someone who you rabidly hate for no good reason...
Well, ok, but I did think it may have been residue from the two sided tape he uses to keep his hat from falling off. Wink

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
G.C
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 05:38:50 PM »

Michael Edward Love. is there anything he can't do?
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »

yes. he can't blow his nose.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2013, 06:02:37 PM »

The Loves check out the Mike/ Examiner thread on SS.net

(Stan making mental note of posters to beat-up Shocked)

Stan's e-mailing Rocky.   First targets on the agenda: Oldsurferdude and Smile Brian.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
oldsurferdude
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2013, 06:22:18 PM »

Bring it on man. In fact, bring  mYke, AND Brooth too-I'd just luhv a slice of that 50 million dollar carrot (gluten free) cake. Evil
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »

Brooth.  Ha Ha Ha Ha!  Brucccccce.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2013, 06:28:42 PM »

His nose is on the critical list.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 06:29:30 PM »

I am ready for a showdown, fights at the BBs monument later......

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
tony p
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 06:45:35 PM »

has Stan Love (or even Steve) ever spoken at length about their time in the BB's?

id imagine theyd have some stories to tell

I gotta heart that just wont stop beating for you, I gotta love that just can’t stop feeling for you
SMiLE-addict
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 07:07:37 PM »

Happy B-day Mike!

And good to hear your father is still around at the rip old age of 95!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »

has Stan Love (or even Steve) ever spoken at length about their time in the BB's?

id imagine theyd have some stories to tell

Stan has reminisced about it in interviews but not in any detail. He even had a website with memorabilia for sale to make a buck. That's before his son made it big in the NBA.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 07:27:56 PM »

I have to wish Mike a belated happy birthday and wish him more to come..

That said, in the past year he hasn't exactly been the greatest example of the TM lifestyle. Apparently you can still be a manipulative backstabber while meditating four times a day.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »

I have to wish Mike a belated happy birthday and wish him more to come..

That said, in the past year he hasn't exactly been the greatest example of the TM lifestyle. Apparently you can still be a manipulative backstabber while meditating four times a day.

Fair play , got to say the man looks superb (not just for his age) and wow what a pad he lives in - and belated B'day to M.E.L.
Moz from Oz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2013, 10:38:00 PM »

I am ready for a showdown, fights at the BBs monument later......
Great. Can spectators come ? Can you make it about 11am Thursday morning ? The monument is my first stop after landing in LA and picking up the hire car.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »

His nose is on the critical list.

I never found out what "His nose is on the critical list" is supposed to mean.

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:00 AM »

Now we all have a better idea of just what Clown School graduation really looks like. "We'll remember always, graduation day..." What's with the white lines across his forehead?? Did he have a lobotomy?

Having had one yourself, I figured you'd know.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 01:12:19 AM »

Its like 1970 Mike never went away. Am I the only one who thinks this should be his stage outfit? I'm genuinely serious.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 01:50:59 AM »

All credit to the guy º he must have known there'd be some smart-arsed comments in the wake of posting these but it's obviously something he believes in deeply, and believes in strongly enough to go ahead anyway. Respect levels just went up. Again.

“We live in divisive times.”
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 05:51:14 PM »

Yeah I agree.  Good for Mike.  I was happy to see those pics. 
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 06:23:09 PM »

Happy B-day Mike!

And good to hear your father is still around at the rip old age of 95!
Really?  I didn't know that...
oldsurferdude
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 06:28:04 PM »

Having had one yourself, I figured you'd know.
Whoa! the AGDSTER takes a shot at what we call humor! Holy sh*t!! The Pope of all Beachbohydem strikes out and tries to make funny but his Junior High School attempt falls flat on his ugly face. How sad-and he thought he was God. But to his tragic awakening, he's not nor will he ever be. Poor baby-somebody has to break the news to him. Did you send your man mYke a birthday card? Did you tell him what a cool guy you think he is? Do you meditate like the lovester does? Do you levitate like the mYkster does? I'll bet you do. Hey, I'll bet you have his and Brooth's autograph, too. Do you have Sunflower?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2013, 08:24:16 PM »

All credit to the guy º he must have known there'd be some smart-arsed comments in the wake of posting

That's funny.  As you well know, we say "Smart-ass" in the U.S.  And if I say that to somebody over here, it would have some impact if I called somebody a "Smart-ass". But if I called somebody a "Smart-arse" they might laugh or look at me funny and it wouldn't have any impact.

But maybe if I said "Smart-arse" with an English or Aussie accent......     Grin

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2013, 09:38:43 PM »

Those photos are seriously great !  I only wish Mike would play shows in this garb again like he did in the late '60s ... I think it suits him.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx