gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:17:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Share your latest acquisitions of Beach Boys merchandise & stuff  (Read 17114 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2013, 03:14:29 AM »

just checked my database... and to my shock I noticed that until last weekend I already bought or got 89 LP's, 24 singles, 39 CD's, and a laserdisc this year, all BB, solo, related or containing coverwork ...
Amongst which:
- a whole bunch of In Concert albums (including Japanese, German and US promo's)
- a cheap German various artists collection called "20 Super Pop Hits", which includes an edited version of Surfin's U.S.A. (live from the 1972 In Concert album)
- a cheap soundtrack album called Sunburn, which includes Lady Lynda
- promotional album "Capitol Single Release No. 1114 (X-PRO 4400) which includes Gettin' Hungry and Devoted To You
- a EX+ copy of a South African first issue of Sail On Sailor (just like in the USA there were 2 issues): no stickers on the labels, which is a rarity
- EX looking copy of a Dutch American Spring 45: Good Time /bw/ Sweet Mountain
- Canadian 45 of The Sunrays: I Live For The Sun /bw/ Bye Baby Bye)
- the complete Japanese Pastmasters CD-series from 1989
- several US-Epic CD's (series is nearly complete)
- The Honeys CD: Capitol Collectors Series

And just last Saturday I overloaded myself with more goodies bought at the international Record/CD-fair in Utrecht (Netherlands). Another copy of Pet Sounds (UK reissue, variation nr. 34 in total...), Zimbabwe pressing of Still Cruisin', lot's of singles (mostly Mexican + the French Child Of Winter + South African Flames single For Your Precious Love with PS), and a whole series of bootlegs I still missed in my collection (Long Lost Surf Songs, Surfin' Rarities).

O, and I didn't have the time to watch it yet, but is anyone familiar with a Japanese boot DVD with two 50th anniversary gigs on it + a whole bunch of TV performances?

... maybe I should cut down on my spendings a bit ...  Grin
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:20:14 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2013, 03:24:55 AM »

Aware of these two but haven't acquired either:

BEACH BOYS / 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS c120628 PROJECT ZIP (1CDR) Live At Verizon Theater, Grand Prairie TX April 26th 2012 + Live At The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA June 2nd 2012

BEACH BOYS / 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR c120518 VIDEOSMASH (1DVDR) Live From 50th Anniversary Tour:Beacon Theatre, New York, NY May 8&9th 2012+ Raleigh, North Carolina April 29th 2012 time approx.156min.

“We live in divisive times.”
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2013, 05:06:05 AM »

just checked my database... and to my shock I noticed that until last weekend I already bought or got 89 LP's, 24 singles, 39 CD's, and a laserdisc this year, all BB, solo, related or containing coverwork ...
Amongst which:
- a whole bunch of In Concert albums (including Japanese, German and US promo's)
- a cheap German various artists collection called "20 Super Pop Hits", which includes an edited version of Surfin's U.S.A. (live from the 1972 In Concert album)
- a cheap soundtrack album called Sunburn, which includes Lady Lynda
- promotional album "Capitol Single Release No. 1114 (X-PRO 4400) which includes Gettin' Hungry and Devoted To You
- a EX+ copy of a South African first issue of Sail On Sailor (just like in the USA there were 2 issues): no stickers on the labels, which is a rarity
- EX looking copy of a Dutch American Spring 45: Good Time /bw/ Sweet Mountain
- Canadian 45 of The Sunrays: I Live For The Sun /bw/ Bye Baby Bye)
- the complete Japanese Pastmasters CD-series from 1989
- several US-Epic CD's (series is nearly complete)
- The Honeys CD: Capitol Collectors Series

And just last Saturday I overloaded myself with more goodies bought at the international Record/CD-fair in Utrecht (Netherlands). Another copy of Pet Sounds (UK reissue, variation nr. 34 in total...), Zimbabwe pressing of Still Cruisin', lot's of singles (mostly Mexican + the French Child Of Winter + South African Flames single For Your Precious Love with PS), and a whole series of bootlegs I still missed in my collection (Long Lost Surf Songs, Surfin' Rarities).

O, and I didn't have the time to watch it yet, but is anyone familiar with a Japanese boot DVD with two 50th anniversary gigs on it + a whole bunch of TV performances?

... maybe I should cut down on my spendings a bit ...  Grin

Are you aware that you're morally obliged to share all of the above with us? Otherwise it would just be like someone had found a cure for a terrible disease, and then would refuse to make it avail...

...oh no, I think I'll stop here.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2013, 02:35:16 PM »

Aware of these two but haven't acquired either:

BEACH BOYS / 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR HIGHLIGHTS c120628 PROJECT ZIP (1CDR) Live At Verizon Theater, Grand Prairie TX April 26th 2012 + Live At The Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles, CA June 2nd 2012

BEACH BOYS / 50TH ANNIVERSARY TOUR c120518 VIDEOSMASH (1DVDR) Live From 50th Anniversary Tour:Beacon Theatre, New York, NY May 8&9th 2012+ Raleigh, North Carolina April 29th 2012 time approx.156min.

where can they be obtained?  Wink

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2013, 01:42:21 PM »

Not that it's rare, I'm sure you could find it on eBay or something quick…anyways, I found the Shut Down album that Capitol put out. It's rare to find in my neck if the woods at least.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2013, 06:00:39 PM »

Finally gotta reason to bump this thread.

My birthday present & first BW autograph  Smokin

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »

I can't see the autograph

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2013, 10:11:37 PM »

I can.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 12:07:15 AM »

… right  across the "STR" in strip.

“We live in divisive times.”
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2013, 06:36:28 AM »

If you have Firefox browser, View Image and that sucker will enlarge big time.
I dont know if you can do that in IE though. I hate that browser.

Necessity knows no law
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2013, 09:18:09 AM »

I thought this to be relevant, my videocast on YouTube is basically a documentation of my collection, so far I've done videos about:

-Capitol Years box set from early 80s
-Rarities album from early 80s
-10 years if harmony album
-Americathon Soundtrack album
-VDP's Song Cycle and Super Chief
-1966 tour program
-1976 tour program
-25 Years of GV(Sunkist)
-California Dreaming/Lady Liberty single
-Rock and Roll to the Rescue 12" single

And that's just a sampling of my collection. Wink

Www.youtube.com/Justinplank

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2013, 08:18:40 PM »

Picked up a neat little trinket.

If you like the Brother Records Logo...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310653532866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Necessity knows no law
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2013, 09:05:23 PM »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310653532866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Pretty cool; would you sell that for $1000?

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2013, 02:20:09 PM »

Pretty cool; would you sell that for $1000?

Ugh, no sellem for $1000 - you got bottle of firewater and beads?

Then me think about it.

Necessity knows no law
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2013, 11:47:40 AM »

Is Peter Reum still using ebay? If so, where can I find his page? All the listings on here seem to be too old for me to see his username!
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2013, 12:00:26 PM »

For anyone in the Indiana/Chicago area
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/clt/4128888715.html

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Vegetable Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

Not a Beach Boys item per se, but it is Beach Boys related. I recently found a promo copy of  the "See The Light" b/w "Get Your Mind Made Up" 45 by The Flame. Found it in the very back of a giant bin of 45's at my local record store. Only payed about 4 bucks for it, so I'd say I made it off alright.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:19:36 PM by Vegetable Man » Logged

"I've never written one note or word of music simply because I think it will make money"- Brian Wilson (1965)

"I like food"- Brian Wilson (1980)
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2013, 11:17:23 PM »

For anyone in the Indiana/Chicago area
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/clt/4128888715.html

Nice item!

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2013, 05:52:05 PM »

Oh Hello thread I started and forgot all about.  Grin

Looks my my latest acquisitions are the BB Trading Cards.

Before that I got a 2 track 10.5 reel of Pet Sounds "Live" supposedly from BBC - the cuts are not the same ones
as the CD/DVD and it sounds like an unedited Pet Sounds, but no encore (Good Vibrations?)

Necessity knows no law
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2013, 03:52:42 PM »

Look Kids!! Who says Brian Wilson is the only Beach Boy that's also a Baseball Icon!

Michael "winds-up" preparing to release a wave of Positivity-Energy TM into the audience! 

Necessity knows no law
CAFeelin89
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2013, 02:12:40 AM »

Got a 120 basic card set of Beach Boys cards as an early Christmas present on Sunday night. I've already got all of them in plastic covers and have shuffled through them a ton. Great collection of photos that really displays the band's career well. There were a few cards I looked at that I couldn't help but say "wow" out loud in reaction to they were so nice. High def pics, too. Good cards. Merry Christmas everyone!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx