gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:16:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: These Fifty States- Free Single  (Read 1553 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2013, 08:48:26 AM »

I've been working very hard after my last album "Take a Break" on three projects.

-The first is a soundtrack for a game called "The Bulletromancer" a great new Shoot 'em up coming out later this year.
-The second is a new album, the concept and ideas are in place, but don't expect anything soon haha...

And finally, I was working on a single, I had several tracks as contenders, but these two certainly warranted release.

Now I present, These Fifty States/Copley Square

These Fifty States is an Americana Love song, it really feels very Brian/Van Dyke styled. I worked very hard on the lyrics, that seemed to be a major point of feedback after Take a Break.
I really love the instrumentation on this track, and I hope you do as well! Smiley

Copley Square is a tribute song focused on the obvious event in the place it's named after. Again, the lyrics are a major focus point here, as well as mixing the vocals higher. Speaking of vocals, you may notice I'm singing more of my "best" range now, rather then writing outside of it and trying to match it. So hopefully you enjoy! This track has more of a jam feeling, with basically two chords, something I'd really love to capture, as most of my tracks feel very "written" (which isn't necessarily bad haha, just need to mix it up a bit!)

I really really hope you guys enjoy these tracks, I'm really getting better with every song, thanks to feedback from everyone here and everywhere!

Oh, and I'm making this one free Smiley I love the tracks, enough to want as many people as possible to hear them, so grab a download, free!

...Just leave me some feedback, that stuff is priceless to me!

http://mikeleroy.bandcamp.com/album/these-fifty-states-copley-square

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 03:10:59 AM »

Hello, Mike! I checked your site & turns out the single cannot be downloaded for free, despite you clearly wrote that it CAN. Instead, the system requires to buy it. Maybe I see the wrong link? Anyway, I liked Copley Square, nice song with tasteful blues guitar licks and good vocals. Though tbh, it's not usually my type of music, am not into moody melodies. You've gathered enough stack of material so I'm sure you have some songs in major. The question is - what will you recommend to me from that collection, examples of such (upbeat) songs? Thanks in advance.

One addition: thematically, These Fifty States is excellent, great dedication to your land! I myself don't live in The USA, but I really love the country. And New York is in my Top-3 of American states. So you are lucky!

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 07:20:58 AM »

Sorry about that! You just click "name your price" and enter 0.00 and it will allow a free download!
Sorry for the confusion!

And as for other songs, I have a few more upbeat songs on my last album, Like...

Take a Break From Love
The Blind Man
Capricorn and Cancer

And a few on my past albums, haha I really don't have
very many, I should work on that! Thanks!

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 07:46:36 AM »

You just click "name your price" and enter 0.00 and it will allow a free download!
Clever trick, didn't know that it can be done like that. Every time I see those words, I think I need to buy it. Thanks for the tip. And thanks for the song suggestions, will check them.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 08:26:34 AM »

Haha thanks! Use it wisely! haha! and enjoy!

zachrwolfe
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 01:50:44 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:02:06 PM by zatch » Logged
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 02:41:48 PM »

On "Copley Square," I noticed a reference to Now and Then by John Lennon. Intentional?

Oh wow! I just noticed that! That's actually pretty cool, unintended, but nice!
The melody came from the chord, haha, I haven't heard that song in years!
Nice catch!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx