gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 05:44:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where did we go?  (Read 4497 times)
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2013, 09:20:04 PM »

Sing along...

"French vacation
Altercation
All hot for Denny
Too much for many

French connection
Insurrection
Who ever said
We'd hear that song before we're dead..."

'Twas too much for the board, it just had to go kerblooie...and we went away for awhile.  Cool Guy
lukpac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 07:30:08 AM »

Notwithstanding what poster lukpac & ComicList told us, I'm more than sure that the site was down because of the sought-after Dennis track. Sth. suspicious about the series of both events - sudden find of the song by one French collector & THEN - the board's gone for 2 days. Also, if being logical, the missing of posts could've happened in every recent thread. But no, 3 pages - as (Stephen Newcombe) mentioned - were curiously deleted in only one specific thread, i.e. "WIBNTLA".

That is not true. I'm looking at the board on the old server now (it's still up if you know how to get to it), and other stuff was lost in the transition as well. For example, Don Malcom's post here is the last one that's common:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15460.msg361467.html#msg361467

Posted April 04, 2013, 12:10:30 AM. The next post here is April 06, 2013, 10:15:10 PM, yet on the old server, there are another 30 posts, finally ending on April 05, 2013, 06:46:29 AM.

Things are also off starting here:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,15468.msg361416.html#msg361416

That post, at April 03, 2013, 05:34:15 PM, is the last common one. No more posts on the new server, but the old server has 8 more, from April 04, 2013, 08:17:47 AM to April 05, 2013, 03:17:08 AM.

So, no, the posts weren't deleted, nor were they specific to that single thread. They simply didn't make it over when the board moved servers. The board on the old server should have been shut down, a backup made, and then loaded on the new server. However, the board stayed up and running after the transition started, so posts kept being made there that were never going to make it over (without some sort of manual intervention).
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 07:38:54 AM »

Notwithstanding what poster lukpac & ComicList told us, I'm more than sure that the site was down because of the sought-after Dennis track. Sth. suspicious about the series of both events - sudden find of the song by one French collector & THEN - the board's gone for 2 days. Also, if being logical, the missing of posts could've happened in every recent thread. But no, 3 pages - as (Stephen Newcombe) mentioned - were curiously deleted in only one specific thread, i.e. "WIBNTLA".

If they just wanted to delete posts, would it not have been easier to just lock the thread, perform clean-up, and unlock the thread? Not conspiracies here, I am sure.  Cool Guy
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx