-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:08:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook  (Read 31383 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 11:20:22 AM »

Having read the comments (they've been saved on there) I can understand why some were banned. Calling the moderator 'borderline psychotic' is not acceptable imo. Also if people think the photo is beautiful then that's fair enough. There can be beauty even when it is obscured by suffering. It certainly isn't 'historical inaccuracy'. She has overreacted but let's not pretend that everyone else's behaviour was immaculate.
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2013, 11:25:54 AM »

Then why post here? You have been taking pot-shots at this place and the posters all week.

My 1 and 3 year old nieces came to visit, and gave me child flu. I'll be gone when I'm recovered, don't worry  Smiley

Oh, and I just checked my posts, and I haven't been out of line, at all. I did get shitty with one person about 6 weeks ago, who has since been banned for being an asshole. I felt he was being an asshole in that context, and lost my temper with him.

You have a nice day now Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 11:29:19 AM by BergenWhitesMoustache » Logged
rogerlancelot
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2013, 11:34:19 AM »

Okay, I am lost. And I'm feeling rather stupid. I can't seem to find any kind of Facebook page like the one everybody seems to be discussing. I see the "official" Brian Wilson and Beach Boys pages. Surely it can't be one of those? I mean Al Jardine posts on the Brian Wilson one for crying out loud. Somebody please point me in the right direction. Please. I'm begging. And please also re-post that picture of naked Brian. Didn't you briefly use it as an avatar, Billy?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2013, 11:38:54 AM »

Okay, I am lost. And I'm feeling rather stupid. I can't seem to find any kind of Facebook page like the one everybody seems to be discussing. I see the "official" Brian Wilson and Beach Boys pages. Surely it can't be one of those? I mean Al Jardine posts on the Brian Wilson one for crying out loud. Somebody please point me in the right direction. Please. I'm begging. And please also re-post that picture of naked Brian. Didn't you briefly use it as an avatar, Billy?

I do believe it's this: https://www.facebook.com/thebeachboysbrianwilsonfanpage?fref=ts

And I think this is the picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=492249644168664&set=pb.184999561560342.-2207520000.1362166748&type=3&theater

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »

Oh God Shocked They thought Brian was beautiful in his windbreaker and creepy hair stage.....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2013, 11:45:58 AM »

I don't want to get banned from here, but I also think that's a beautiful picture. Big sad eyes
rogerlancelot
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2013, 11:47:00 AM »

Thank you, rab2591. Still looking for the e-bay pic. But I do see some fun times ahead.

Cool
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:05 AM »

Thank you, rab2591. Still looking for the e-bay pic. But I do see some fun times ahead.

Cool

Check page #63 in the BW/BB picture thread in the Media section.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
rogerlancelot
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2013, 11:54:34 AM »

Oh no. I'm torn. I recognize too many posters on there to cause trouble. And yet everybody is correct on the way they talk over there. A couple of quotes:

"I love this photo! Can't you feel the emotion and creative electricity flowing from Brian's head to his hands? It feels like you're about to see and hear him playing."

"AWWW!!! CUTE, SWEET, YOUNG CARL!!! ADORABLE!!!"

"Here's a color photo from the Pet Sounds era train shoot! Sexy pose, Bri!"

What if I just reply a simple "no it isn't" or something? No, I must think of something better. This may take some time.....
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »

So even though it's true, who called the Admin. (Nancy) a "boarderline psycotic"?

"We are finished dealing with them. They can go back to Smiley Smile, where they belong (you too, Allan Heron). That goes for anyone who expresses solidarity with that group using the same terms they themselves use".

Anybody know who Allan Heron is?

I just wanna say right now that I'm proud to be with "AGD and his bunch".

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2013, 12:09:29 PM »

Oh no. I'm torn. I recognize too many posters on there to cause trouble. And yet everybody is correct on the way they talk over there. A couple of quotes:

"I love this photo! Can't you feel the emotion and creative electricity flowing from Brian's head to his hands? It feels like you're about to see and hear him playing."

"AWWW!!! CUTE, SWEET, YOUNG CARL!!! ADORABLE!!!"

What if I just reply a simple "no it isn't" or something? No, I must think of something better. This may take some time.....
I think "no it isn't" would work the best to show how insane they are.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:11 PM »

"It's not the difference in opinion that's the problem; it's the condescending, snide, insulting way it's expressed. "

If that doesn't ring even slightly true to anyone here, this place is even more nuts than I thought.

"ACTUALLY, I THINK YOU'LL FIND, THIS CAN'T BE A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE OF BRIAN, BECAUSE THREE HOURS BEFORE THIS HE HAD A DREAM WHERE MURRY PUNTED BANANA OFF A BRIDGE, UPON WHICH HE GOT UP, ATE AN ENTIRE BIRTHDAY CAKE, ICED WITH DENNIS'S ENTIRE TOUR STASH"

Lol
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2013, 12:22:37 PM »

I do believe it's this: https://www.facebook.com/thebeachboysbrianwilsonfanpage?fref=ts

And I think this is the picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=492249644168664&set=pb.184999561560342.-2207520000.1362166748&type=3&theater

Thanks very much for posting the links--I as well was confused...I also thought this was the official page.

I've never heard of this page...never even seen it before.  It's obviously not official at all and it's obvious that it's just some random fan who runs it.  Unless I'm missing something...I don't see the reason why people are upset they've been banned from this page? I fully understand WHY people are angry but it isn't as if this page really means anything.   (Honestly I don't even see the reason why one would even "like" that page!) The only fan-run page that I need to discuss the Beach Boys is right here at Smiley Smile. 

(Justin salutes his Smiley Smile flag with an image of AGD on it)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:23:45 PM by Justin » Logged
rogerlancelot
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »

How about:

"How can you call this pathetic loser beautiful? He was a lazy asshole all through the 70's pretending to be crazy (lying in bed my ass!) while instead of being productive he was too busy running around with his loser friends doing entirely too much cocaine and booze. He was such a snob, he wouldn't even let Paul & Linda McCartney into his home. What a waste of space, and you call this jack-off beautiful? You have pathetic taste!"

Or is that a bit too harsh?

Dare me to post?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2013, 12:31:27 PM »

Then why post here? You have been taking pot-shots at this place and the posters all week.

My 1 and 3 year old nieces came to visit, and gave me child flu. I'll be gone when I'm recovered, don't worry  Smiley

Oh, and I just checked my posts, and I haven't been out of line, at all. I did get shitty with one person about 6 weeks ago, who has since been banned for being an asshole. I felt he was being an asshole in that context, and lost my temper with him.

Quotes from last month alone:

"Well, I admit, I've never been on like, a football forum or something like that, but I've been on plenty of record collecting forums, and other more general music forums, and this one is the pits by comparison."

"I always forget this forum is full of idiots! More fool me..."

rogerlancelot
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »

This page is disturbing. The more I read the more I shake my head. I am a fan of these guys (and many other artists in different media forms) but I can not imagine deifying people like this. I have to leave a turd on there somehow yet in a way that does not get me banned from Facebook. I only have one shot at it so it has to be good. I better think hard on this one.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »

I don't want to get banned from here, but I also think that's a beautiful picture. Big sad eyes
why would you get banned from here for an opinion?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2013, 12:36:51 PM »

"Well, I admit, I've never been on like, a football forum or something like that, but I've been on plenty of record collecting forums, and other more general music forums, and this one is the pits by comparison."

I think the fact you've even bothered to do that pretty much proves the last point. I do think this is a really nasty forum.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2013, 12:42:32 PM »

I think the fact you've even bothered to do that pretty much proves the last point. I do think this is a really nasty forum.
That you have said these things proves your no angel here.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2013, 12:43:00 PM »

This isn't a nasty forum. I've done some of my growing up here. Hope to do some more.

“We live in divisive times.”
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »

That you have said these things proves your no angel here.

Never said I was, you've got to strap on some emotional armour to even enter this place.

HOWEVER, To say that I've been taking pot shots at people all week on here, is without wanting to be too nasty about it, and with all due respect, total bollocks.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »

It seems that BergenWhitesMoustache doesn't understand the concept of a forum. People discuss things, people are emotional and get angry when someone disagrees with their opinion. This is not a rare occurrence.

That, and I love how he equates this forum to a Youtube comment section when he's the one over-sensationalizing his examples (or just giving poor examples) to give credibility to his argument (a common youtube comment tactic).

Dead corpses: the poster apologized and gave a reasoning for his actions. It was forgiven and should be forgotten. I'm tired of hearing about it every friggin month.
Death threats: Even Billy probably realizes that I Spaceman has some mental issues. This should definitely not be an example of how crazy Beach Boys message boards are.
Sniping: We are opinionated. And a lot of the sniping occurs when people make inane posts.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:56:19 PM by rab2591 » Logged

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2013, 01:04:51 PM »

Hey, you're turning on your own here!  See what Nancy M. has done to you guys?  We're talking about a BB Facebook page here!

This one gets me:

That picture was from the Sloop John B Sea Of Tunes sheet music. Brian is standing there with his legs slightly parted to reveal his crotch. The woman who posted that "sexy" statement should be banned for making such a provocative observation in a public forum.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:25:01 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »

Hey, you're turning on your own here!  See what Nancy M. has doen to you guys?  We're talking about a Facebook page here!

LOL It was Nancy's plan all along! We fell for it!

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2013, 01:13:48 PM »

I think Nancy M. has a secret crush on our beloved master/guru AGD.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: