-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:44:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook  (Read 31377 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2013, 02:36:01 AM »

Remember that disturbing picture of a naked Brian sitting down that was for sale on e-bay? Does anybody still have that? I want to post it on their facebook!!!!!  Grin

I remember that picture.  It was beautiful.  How dare you call it disturbing.

Roll Eyes

Anyway, I want to make sure that I'm even looking at the right page. There is the Brian Wilson page of which I just now realized that I "liked". Then there is a Beach Boys page which I also "liked" and has over 1M likes. I also found a "Blueboarders" page of which I am friends with and have 56 mutual friends on there. What is this Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage of which you speak? Am I missing something?

Hm. Given the consensus on here, you haven't...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
rogerlancelot
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2013, 02:40:18 AM »

Never mind, forget the Beach Boys. From now on I will only hang out with Styx and Journey fans.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »

Never mind, forget the Beach Boys. From now on I will only hang out with Styx and Journey fans.

You forgot Saga. And Foreigner. And Huey Lewis. And Dave Matthews.

I will join you. Away with those Beach Boys, it's fan fodder for obsessives.

I will start a new movement, right here and now: The Middle Aged Fanbase For Entirely Faceless Bands That Time Forgot.

?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2013, 03:17:14 AM »

Remember that disturbing picture of a naked Brian sitting down that was for sale on e-bay? Does anybody still have that? I want to post it on their facebook!!!!!  Grin

I remember that picture.  It was beautiful.  How dare you call it disturbing.

Roll Eyes

LOL
rogerlancelot
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2013, 03:34:35 AM »

I will start a new movement, right here and now: The Middle Aged Fanbase For Entirely Faceless Bands That Time Forgot.

Let us not forget REO Speedwagon, Survivor and of course Peter Frampton.

Sadly I have actually seen all of the bands listed here in concert except for Saga and Huey Lewis. I even wound up seeing REO Speedwagon twice without meaning to (they were the opener). And all of that was before I even moved to Vegas. I even famously fell sound asleep at a Grateful Dead concert in Rich Stadium packed with 80,000 people.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:52 AM »

Let us not forget REO Speedwagon, Survivor and of course Peter Frampton.

Sadly I have actually seen all of the bands listed here in concert except for Saga and Huey Lewis. I even wound up seeing REO Speedwagon twice without meaning to (they were the opener). And all of that was before I even moved to Vegas. I even famously fell sound asleep at a Grateful Dead concert in Rich Stadium packed with 80,000 people.

If it were up to me, you'd get a medal for falling asleep during that GD show...  Evil
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:47:38 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2013, 04:34:38 AM »

Ok, here you have it, try this for lunacy. The following is what the looney tunes wrote after my friend suggested they were being a bit childish in banning people. Try not to laugh, I dare you!

"That thread is an exchange that took place in reference to the 1980 photo of Brian we posted with the caption, "Here's a beautiful photo of Brian with a very red beard!" Because Brian was very troubled at the time of the photo, AGD and his followers took the position that calling the photo "beautiful" not only was nonsense, but constituted a "historical inaccuracy!"

We know what was going on with Brian at the time the photo was taken; nevertheless, we find the photo beautiful, and so do many others. That photo has gotten over 100 Likes and a lovely comment from artist Wayne Russell. AGD has taken his policing of all things "Beach Boys" to a surreal level of absurdity. The people who have that mentality are incapable of expressing a difference of opinion without being patronizing, condescending and personally insulting. We are finished dealing with them. They can go back to SmileySmile, where they belong (you too, Allan Heron). That goes for anyone who expresses solidarity with that group using the same terms they themselves use. We want a friendly page, and we will not tolerate their rudeness any longer. NM"

hahahahahahahahahah!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2013, 04:42:28 AM »

Strange, like a message from a cult leader  LOL

I gotta say though, If she is reading this thread I hope she doesn't feel these are in any way personal attacks against her. I'm sure she's a lovely woman and a big fan.

BTW, Classic AGD, ""historical inaccuracy!"  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2013, 04:47:46 AM »

This lady probably on Brian's security list as someone never to be allowed near him.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2013, 04:56:52 AM »

Coming soon from the BW photo catalogue

A beautiful photo of Brian passed out in a puddle of his own vomit.
A beautiful photo of Brian having the crap kicked out of him by Rocky Pamplin.
A beautiful photo of Brian in all of his 320 pound glory!
A beautiful photo of Brian frothing at the mouth while having a full blown paranoia attack.
A beautiful photo of Brian with Dr. Landy sitting on his lap with their arms around each other.
A beautiful photo of Brian sitting on the shitter.
A beautiful photo of Brian taking herion in front of his 6 year old daughter.
A beautiful photo of Brian smearing birthday cake over his naked body.
A beautiful photo of Brian, his wife and Mr. Almer doing the do.

Haters stay away.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 04:58:21 AM »

^^^^^^^^

Post of the decade right there

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2013, 04:59:56 AM »

Agreed, its understandable why Brian doesn't want to remember the 1970s that often.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2013, 05:38:35 AM »

"We want a friendly page..."

... as long as no-one contradicts us and we can carry on making inane comments about Dennis kicking Mike's ass were he still here, insulting Mike's young daughter and generally condoning if not actually promoting anti-Mike behavior.

Oh, and ignoring the facts when it suits. I feel sorry for Krysia because the Morris gorgon is patently unbalanced.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:39:37 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2013, 06:02:22 AM »

We know what was going on with Brian at the time the photo was taken; nevertheless, we find the photo beautiful, and so do many others. That photo has gotten over 100 Likes and a lovely comment from artist Wayne Russell. AGD has taken his policing of all things "Beach Boys" to a surreal level of absurdity. The people who have that mentality are incapable of expressing a difference of opinion without being patronizing, condescending and personally insulting.

This chick may be nuts, but that's bang on, 100% accurate. I don't know what was posted, but THIS forum is second only to Youtube comments in terms of total lack of basic manners and respect for others opinions.

I mean, one guy posted pictures of mutilated corpses, another guy wished death on someones family, and there's just constant sniping...all in the course of talking about The Beach Boys.

Like I said- chick may be nuts, but she's certainly not the only one in the sordid world of online Beach Boys fan communities!  LOL
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2013, 06:20:09 AM »

Beach Boys are insane..

But we are the people who consider "Roller Skating Child" a classic song. How can we not be.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2013, 06:28:28 AM »

Good to know the blootards are out in force on Facebook...

"WE ARE PROUD BRIANISTAS!"

That says it all right there.

Funny how many of Brian's biggest fans are nuttier than he is. Coincidence?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:17 AM »

Beach Boys are insane..

But we are the people who consider "Roller Skating Child" a classic song. How can we not be.

Yeah. Only patients can consider 'It's So Cold I Go Burrrr' classic literature.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 07:02:33 AM »

The picture in question was Brian in 1980 - Knebworth, I think - at a time when his marriage had just ended, he'd been hospitalised for substance abuse and was, essentially, going to hell in an express handbasket... and they said it was "beautiful". I begged to differ, and got banned. They still believe that Mike fired Brian, Alan & David. It seems they find truth disturbing. I was told "you went over the line with that "historical accuracy" thing". Correct, you couldn't make it up. Grin

Just because I feel like correcting AGD, I have to point out that this photo was definitely not from Knebworth as he was not rockin' the beard there. He was relatively clean shaven but with some scruff at the time. So he is at least partially wrong.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2013, 07:25:07 AM »

I don't know what was posted, but THIS forum is second only to Youtube comments in terms of total lack of basic manners and respect for others opinions.

You clearly haven't been on that many internet forums if you believe the above statement to be true.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2013, 07:44:00 AM »

"We want a friendly page..."

... as long as no-one contradicts us and we can carry on making inane comments about Dennis kicking Mike's ass were he still here, insulting Mike's young daughter and generally condoning if not actually promoting anti-Mike behavior.

Oh, and ignoring the facts when it suits. I feel sorry for Krysia because the Morris gorgon is patently unbalanced.

This sort of obsessive forum moderating is very similar to the band Chicago's forum on their official website.  I tried to start two different relatively harmless forum discussions (one about a really hilarious new book about the band , and the other about how several of their albums recently were released to HDTracks.com), and neither post saw the light of day.   Unless you only gush about how "brilliant" their crap like "Hard Habit To Break" is, don't bother ever posting to that forum.  I get the point of weeding out trolls and what not, but what's the point of a discussion board if you can't even *discuss* anything?!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »

So AGD.  How does it feel to have............followers..........on the Smiley Smile board?

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2013, 08:46:21 AM »

I get the point of weeding out trolls and what not, but what's the point of a discussion board if you can't even *discuss* anything?!

That's my stance on things....as long as people respect each other's opinions, anything goes.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
BergenWhitesMoustache
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2013, 11:11:36 AM »

I don't know what was posted, but THIS forum is second only to Youtube comments in terms of total lack of basic manners and respect for others opinions.

You clearly haven't been on that many internet forums if you believe the above statement to be true.

Well, I admit, I've never been on like, a football forum or something like that, but I've been on plenty of record collecting forums, and other more general music forums, and this one is the pits by comparison.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2013, 11:14:23 AM »

Not that I'm siding with the Facebook group but I looked at the picture and it is a very nice photograph.  I wouldn't say Brian himself looks beautiful but it's a nice photo of him.  It's not uncommon to find beauty in something sad or tragic.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 11:16:45 AM »

Well, I admit, I've never been on like, a football forum or something like that, but I've been on plenty of record collecting forums, and other more general music forums, and this one is the pits by comparison.
Then why post here? You have been taking pot-shots at this place and the posters all week.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: