-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 11:08:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook  (Read 31622 times)
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2013, 05:47:42 AM »

Oh my the administrator of that page is a nut job. In banning me and others she even used the phrase "they can go back to Smiley Smile where they belong" Guess what I did? I disagreed with her opinion that a photo of Brian in 1980 was "beautiful". Holy hell!
PaulTMA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 06:01:29 AM »

Which photo?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »

Classic case of a bloo board nutjob. Brian was on the road to rock bottom in 1980.

A chance the Admin could be Bluebird?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:29:13 AM by briansbathrobe » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 06:46:40 AM »

It was a head shot in profile if you want to take a look, however all the 'contentious' comments have now disappeared as they banned us. I will post the full text of their ranting later when i have more time but they actually said that anyone sympathising with those banned will also be banned. A friend of mine posted that he thought they were being a touch childish. Yup, you guessed it, banned 30 secs later.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 06:56:51 AM »

f*** them and f*** their fascist board. This is the only place I need for a Beach Boys fix.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:36 AM »

Oh my the administrator of that page is a nut job. In banning me and others she even used the phrase "they can go back to Smiley Smile where they belong" Guess what I did? I disagreed with her opinion that a photo of Brian in 1980 was "beautiful". Holy hell!

Would she (the administrator) be Mike Love?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfac22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:15:47 AM »

It was a head shot in profile if you want to take a look, however all the 'contentious' comments have now disappeared as they banned us. I will post the full text of their ranting later when i have more time but they actually said that anyone sympathising with those banned will also be banned. A friend of mine posted that he thought they were being a touch childish. Yup, you guessed it, banned 30 secs later.

I guess it's their page and they can run it how they want...but good lord.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 09:19:46 AM »

I need to unlike that page now

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jason
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 09:44:59 AM »

Good to know the blootards are out in force on Facebook...

"WE ARE PROUD BRIANISTAS!"

That says it all right there.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:46:01 AM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 09:50:48 AM »

I have new term to distinguish them from responsible Brianistas like myself, "bloobirds".

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »

It coulda been worse. You could've gotten banned from the Cabinessence/Shut Down board.  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Paulos
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 11:34:55 AM »

It coulda been worse. You could've gotten banned from the Cabinessence/Shut Down board.  Grin

That board has virtually no-one posting anymore and has been that way for a few years. It should probably be 'shut down' as it feels like its emptiness is haunting the internet.
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 11:40:12 AM »

That board has virtually no-one posting anymore and has been that way for a few years. It should probably be 'shut down' as it feels like its emptiness is haunting the internet.
Cabinessence/SurferMoon looks just like it did in the 90's when I first started visiting that page. Incredible.

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 11:46:53 AM »

Don't know about a 'few years', but yeah, the posts (the same four or five posters - one with multiple alias's) on that board have dwindled to about the average of one or two per week now. I'm truly amazed it's still there.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 11:47:53 AM »

Don't know about a 'few years', but yeah, the posts (the same four or five posters - one with multiple alias's) on that board have dwindled to about the average of one or two per week now. I'm truly amazed it's still there.
Too many *flux* threads did that place in.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 12:57:54 PM »

Yeah, it got fluxed up pretty bad. Also, despite me being there from the beginning until about 2005, I still don't get many of the in-jokes.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 01:02:33 PM »

Yeah, it got fluxed up pretty bad. Also, despite me being there from the beginning until about 2005, I still don't get many of the in-jokes.

Ask Mikie, he knows them all!

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:31 PM »

"To see a BW/BB board [Cabinessence/Shut Down] grow dim. Instead of a slow, agnonizing dance of death, why not just have a life celebration? Invite everyone, let them pontificate, throw out some opinions without rules, and call it a day? Or, Susan, quit the school marm schtick and seriously compete with the other boards and breathe new life into a board that could quite possibly be one hell of a lot of fun?"

- Oldsurferdude

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 01:25:46 PM »

Wise words spoken by a man banned before his time. Cry

I can't wait until OSD's ban ends.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 01:33:20 PM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 01:33:54 PM »

Wise words spoken by a man banned before his time. Cry

I can't wait until OSD's ban ends.

Gee, I hope you're not holding your breath

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 01:57:10 PM »

Me either, because it  expired last week.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »

OSD's ban is over! Grin

Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 03:23:55 PM »

The main Surfermoon site looks pretty much the same, but they do still update the album reviews as and when new things are released.  In my early days of being a fan, I based all my searches for unknown gems on those reviews.  E.g. In The Parkin 'Lot, The Lonely Sea, Where I Belong.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 03:40:01 PM »

I got barred from there because the stupid whack job admin was trying to say that Brian was going to bash Mike whilst on stage during a song. Saying they were a  body language and thought reading guru etc

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 03:45:39 PM »

WTF?!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: