-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:26:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook  (Read 31617 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:55 PM »

The picture in question was Brian in 1980 - Knebworth, I think - at a time when his marriage had just ended, he'd been hospitalised for substance abuse and was, essentially, going to hell in an express handbasket... and they said it was "beautiful". I begged to differ, and got banned. They still believe that Mike fired Brian, Alan & David. It seems they find truth disturbing. I was told "you went over the line with that "historical accuracy" thing". Correct, you couldn't make it up. Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »

Sounds like a Psycho B. Control Freak Male-Hater running it.  Too bad.  Not good free speech representation there. Wonder if it gets Melinda's blessing....

P.S. Admins are Nancy M. and Krysia W.   Anybody recognize those names from the Beach Boys fan community?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 05:31:29 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 05:39:21 PM »

Seems like anyone who disagrees with the admin, who was in most cases is Nancy M., gets slammed with the banhammer. It was a pretty good fanpage until a few months ago.

KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 07:31:05 PM »

Wow, they even duplicated the so-called hateful comments that got people banned and called out AGD and his "followers." I never knew AGD had his own cult! Roll Eyes Do they think he runs Smiley Smile board or something? Or that he's some kind of Rev. Sun Myung Moon or L. Ron Hubbard?

What strange people run that board. I didn't even know that fan page existed until I read this thread. The only Facebook pages of the Beach Boys I ever check out are the official band member ones.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 07:35:47 PM »

Seems like anyone who disagrees with the admin, who was in most cases is Nancy M., gets slammed with the banhammer. It was a pretty good fanpage until a few months ago.
That is all i did! I said "what makes you think Mike was trying to flirt with Marilyn whilst Brian was singing Surfer Girl"? etc

Freak!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »

Those ladies are groupie wanna-bes. They aren't interested in the music, they're interested in having "50 Shade of Grey" fantasies about Brian Wilson. They don't care if he's older or has been on drugs or whatever, they just think he's hot and want other people to post complete approval of their posted "kiss pix" of Bri.  Even if the pix are of Brian being completely wasted.  They're actually the ones who don't respect Brian, not the people they banned.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »

Facebook wouldn't allow me to 'unlike' the page, which I was trying to do out of general principle.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wild-Honey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:10 PM »

Those ladies are groupie wanna-bes. They aren't interested in the music, they're interested in having "50 Shade of Grey" fantasies about Brian Wilson. They don't care if he's older or has been on drugs or whatever, they just think he's hot and want other people to post complete approval of their posted "kiss pix" of Bri.  Even if the pix are of Brian being completely wasted.  They're actually the ones who don't respect Brian, not the people they banned.

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that post.   
MBE
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:53 PM »

Wow they are going to hate my book  Grin.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 08:48:35 PM »

Facebook wouldn't allow me to 'unlike' the page, which I was trying to do out of general principle.

Hover your mouse over the "Like" button when you go to the page. You will be able to unlike from there.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that post.   
I agree

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 09:07:40 PM »

Hover your mouse over the "Like" button when you go to the page. You will be able to unlike from there.
lol... I know how, just that Facebook's acting kind of ghetto at the moment.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 09:43:04 PM »

The picture in question was Brian in 1980 - Knebworth, I think - at a time when his marriage had just ended, he'd been hospitalised for substance abuse and was, essentially, going to hell in an express handbasket... and they said it was "beautiful". I begged to differ, and got banned.

Oh man, I think I remember something about that, although I haven't been on bloo for about six years., so maybe it was just a similar event. I thought, you'd have to be nuts to think that was a beautiful picture, what the heck is wrong with these people.  Nuts or simply obsessed.  Either way.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 10:20:22 PM »

Facebook is for self-important poserz anyways.  Be glad you got banned, I'm so cool I don't even have a facebook page.  I've got a myspace page.  My avatar on myspace is a LANDSCAPE because I look so good I know it. 

Smiley
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »

BTW, I'll just say... any Beach Boys fan community that doesn't want or allow AGD to be a member is a complete joke if you ask me.  Seriously?  You banned HIM?  WTF?  He's like *THE* Beach Boys fan. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 12:03:56 AM »

Nah, I'm just a hard-workin' guy, y'know.

BTW, on said page she also played the "I-have-a-child-with-learning-disabilities" card to garner sympathy and support: exactly what has that to do with the subject then in hand ? I've always considered such actions entirely despicable. I have friends in a similar situation and they wouldn't dream of it
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:05:39 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 12:12:37 AM »

Wow, they even duplicated the so-called hateful comments that got people banned and called out AGD and his "followers." I never knew AGD had his own cult! Roll Eyes Do they think he runs Smiley Smile board or something? Or that he's some kind of Rev. Sun Myung Moon or L. Ron Hubbard?

I made exactly the same point to His Lord Master Andrewness this morning as I bore breakfast-in-bed to he and his seven wives and their albino wolf hound.  He nodded in agreement as he blessed me and dismissed me. Gracious is he in his benevolence in permitting me to savour eight of his no-longer-wanted-but-blessed wives.

“We live in divisive times.”
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 12:24:32 AM »

Yeah, the child with disabilities post sealed the deal on top of the other delussional rantings about how the pictuire shows an inner beauty and that we should all see the beauty in disturbed people, yada , yada , yada. I feel cheated however that in the statement of explanations for the bannings I did not get named personally despite being the first one shown the door! I want to be the villain!! I am apparently a follower of AGD according to this loonbag. No disrespect to you Andrew but I'm just a beach boys fan. As I said I will get round to posting the text of a post which appeared after I got banned which is just hilarious (and a little bit scary). These people are more crazy than the Beach Boys themselves!
rogerlancelot
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 12:34:21 AM »

Remember that disturbing picture of a naked Brian sitting down that was for sale on e-bay? Does anybody still have that? I want to post it on their facebook!!!!!  Grin
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 12:40:15 AM »

Remember that disturbing picture of a naked Brian sitting down that was for sale on e-bay? Does anybody still have that? I want to post it on their facebook!!!!!  Grin

I remember that picture.  It was beautiful.  How dare you call it disturbing.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2013, 12:52:42 AM »

In the six years I've been in the beach boys fan community I've noticed two really interesting things..

1) The Beach Boys have IMO the most knowledgeable fans

2) Some of Brian Wilson's female fans seem to be obsessed or in love with him to the point of creepiness. They seem to want to take him home and run him a bath then cook him some dinner while listening to That lucky Old Sun.

I get it. Brian's a handsome guy, always has been. I've seen the younger female fans on tumbler and twitter etc call him hot, the usual boyband stuff. But these two ladies running the BB fanpage on facebook are a perfect example of that overbearing attitude some of his fans have over him. It goes above any sexual attraction and borders on obsessive bunny boiling antics. They honestly give me the creeps.

And what the hell is her beef with this board. Are we like the renegades of the BB fan community, are we giving off a pro Mike Love vibe from here or something
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 01:46:54 AM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 01:02:02 AM »

Only one of the admins - Nancy - suffers from banhammeritis. She's by far the most active admin. I get the impression that Krysta is considerably embarrassed by her shenannigans.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 01:31:11 AM »

2) Some of Brian Wilson's female fans seem to be obsessed or in love with him to the point of creepiness. They seem to want to take him home and run him a bath then cook him some dinner while listening to That lucky Old Sun.

This. This is exactly what put me off the Bloo (that and the ham-fisted moderation).

You did however, forget to mention that they'd explain to Brian exactly why TLOS is so good while he ate the birthday cake they'd baked for him…  (and eventually, of course, the talk would have gotten round to how he could have made it even better if he'd…)

“We live in divisive times.”
Nicko1234
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2013, 02:20:08 AM »

I get the feeling that some of them have barely heard a Brian Wilson song actually...
rogerlancelot
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 02:20:33 AM »

I remember that picture.  It was beautiful.  How dare you call it disturbing.

Roll Eyes

Anyway, I want to make sure that I'm even looking at the right page. There is the Brian Wilson page of which I just now realized that I "liked". Then there is a Beach Boys page which I also "liked" and has over 1M likes. I also found a "Blueboarders" page of which I am friends with and have 56 mutual friends on there. What is this Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage of which you speak? Am I missing something?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: