-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:41:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Just got barred from the Beach Boys/Brian Wilson fanpage on Facebook  (Read 31644 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: March 03, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »

^Welcome to the board, Allan!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 03, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »

There is a certain sad beauty to the 1980 Brian pic.

Clearly, the lady in charge of the Facebook page is OFF. It is just as clear that AGD needs to have the final, definitve say on all matters relating to The Beach Boys.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:46:06 PM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 04, 2013, 05:29:54 AM »

It was me who made the 'psychotic' quip. In response to some frankly ludicrous replies to my original statement that i did not think the photo was beautiful. I'm not upset at getting banned, i just thought her defensiveness was ridiculous and certainly was not open to discussion. She could have just said she thought i was out of line. Allan Hero is my friend, all round good guy and huge beach boys fan. We have been to many Brian Wilson gigs together. He posted saying he thought the bannings were childish and got banned for it!

Allan Hero?   I like that  Cool
An excellent mistype if there ever was one. Now that your on board everyone can start slating you!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: March 05, 2013, 10:12:47 PM »

"We want a friendly page..."

... as long as no-one contradicts us and we can carry on making inane comments about Dennis kicking Mike's ass were he still here, insulting Mike's young daughter and generally condoning if not actually promoting anti-Mike behavior.

Oh, and ignoring the facts when it suits. I feel sorry for Krysia because the Morris gorgon is patently unbalanced.

This sort of obsessive forum moderating is very similar to the band Chicago's forum on their official website.  I tried to start two different relatively harmless forum discussions (one about a really hilarious new book about the band , and the other about how several of their albums recently were released to HDTracks.com), and neither post saw the light of day.   Unless you only gush about how "brilliant" their crap like "Hard Habit To Break" is, don't bother ever posting to that forum.  I get the point of weeding out trolls and what not, but what's the point of a discussion board if you can't even *discuss* anything?!

Just on a side note, I just realized that I was banned from the Chicago board!   LOL  I don't even know what the hell I did to earn such an honor!  Just goes to show you, forums and fan groups that are obsessively moderated only succeed in crippling your freedom of speech and any hopes for an intelligent discussion. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Jason
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2013, 10:15:31 AM »

"We want a friendly page..."

... as long as no-one contradicts us and we can carry on making inane comments about Dennis kicking Mike's ass were he still here, insulting Mike's young daughter and generally condoning if not actually promoting anti-Mike behavior.

Oh, and ignoring the facts when it suits. I feel sorry for Krysia because the Morris gorgon is patently unbalanced.

This sort of obsessive forum moderating is very similar to the band Chicago's forum on their official website.  I tried to start two different relatively harmless forum discussions (one about a really hilarious new book about the band , and the other about how several of their albums recently were released to HDTracks.com), and neither post saw the light of day.   Unless you only gush about how "brilliant" their crap like "Hard Habit To Break" is, don't bother ever posting to that forum.  I get the point of weeding out trolls and what not, but what's the point of a discussion board if you can't even *discuss* anything?!

Just on a side note, I just realized that I was banned from the Chicago board!   LOL  I don't even know what the hell I did to earn such an honor!  Just goes to show you, forums and fan groups that are obsessively moderated only succeed in crippling your freedom of speech and any hopes for an intelligent discussion. 

You have no freedom of speech on someone else's property. Smiley
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2013, 03:12:47 PM »

To paraphrase Bob Dylan, you're nobody if you haven't been banned!

Cool Guy

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2013, 07:29:08 AM »

THIS forum is second only to Youtube comments in terms of total lack of basic manners and respect for others opinions.
I mean, one guy posted pictures of mutilated corpses.
The guy's name is EthanJames. As was rightly stated by rab2591, that case must be forgotten since Ethan apologized several times for his behavior. Plus, it was the only example of him being a bad poster. Aside from that, he was a good contributor in picture, official BB YT & other threads. So let's not try to notice only evil in people. Even I. Spaceman who had constant feuds with other posters for disagreeing with him or whatever was admittedly one of the most knowledgeable BBs'/music in general fans here. As for comparing this forum with "Youtube comments", the latter does actually have many interesting info from various users, there isn't basically rudeness going on. F.ex., Youtube was the 1st place where I found out about "At My Window" & Kingston Trio's "Raspberries, Strawberries" cross similarity (which yet I think is too minimal & the former is better anyway). In short, don't be one-sided, if I may say this.

Speaking of the Facebook Brian's photo, to be honest, it isn't the worst one, though also obviously not what I'd call "beautiful". I usually use this word for describing places, e.g. neon-lights-covered New York City or sth. with scenic landscape etc. OR in case of the Beach Boys - their music.

2Allan Heron: Welcome to the board & have a fascinating reading time! Think in mind as if you returned from hell to the planet.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: