gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680880 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 07:47:42 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update on Amazon UK's date for Ian & Jon's book The Beach Boys in Concert!  (Read 2034 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2013, 06:22:58 AM »

Most unlike Amazon:

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:
 Jon Stebbins, Ian Rusten "The Beach Boys in Concert! The Ultimate History of America's Band on Tour and Onstage"
   Previous estimated arrival date: June 20 2013 - June 22 2013
   New estimated arrival date: March 08 2013 - March 14 2013

Nice to have good news!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:59:18 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:36 AM »

Can't wait for this!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »

Don't want to burst your bubble-but as one of the authors-I haven't heard anything yet to suggest we were pushing up the date and I honestly don't think the report is accurate.  Pretty sure I would know if that was the plan.  We shall see.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »

As Ian said its unlikely it will be ready by that March date, however I do think its very likely it will be ready much earlier than the June date previously given. These things have a way of gaining momentum to a surprising degree, and I know the publisher is very excited about getting this one out there.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

Darn… and there was me thinking Ian would have his second Rolls Royce in time for the summer!

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 06:58:38 AM »

So true, Ian:

Hello,
We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :
 Jon Stebbins, Ian Rusten "The Beach Boys in Concert! The Ultimate History of America's Band on Tour and Onstage"
   Estimated arrival date: March 28 2013 - April 04 2013
One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Still, as Jon says, that looks earlier than originally planned.  Expect it'll still beat MIC!

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:25 AM »

So true, Ian:

Hello,
We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :
   Estimated arrival date: March 28 2013 - April 04 2013
One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Still, as Jon says, that looks earlier than originally planned.  Expect it'll still beat MIC!
Those dates look too early to me at this point. I'll try to get some clarification and report back.
Don Malcolm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 08:39:46 AM »

Whenever it comes out, Jon, rest assured that many of us will be getting our hands on it just as soon as it's available. (BTW, thanks so much for getting the Chez Jay book to me so quickly after the order was placed--it's another winner, an extremely enjoyable read.)
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 09:07:38 AM »

Thanks for your interest in this Don, and I appreciate your enthusiasm for the book...its going to be perhaps the most beautiful Beach Boys book ever released. Ian did an incredible job nailing down so much of the Beach Boys day-to-day activity, and the two of us did our best to streamline all that data into an enjoyable read. BTW I just got confirmation from the publisher that they are still thinking of June as the release period. Not sure why Amazon UK is jumping the gun, I think Ian and I get one more review of the proofs before we give it the green light...so we should be aware of when we are getting very close to publication.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 10:35:58 AM »

Ah dang, I was really hoping to get something new to read here soon. Amazon should give you a five buck gift card for having falsely raised your hopes.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx