gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:02:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys - Icon ??  (Read 10340 times)
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:45:24 PM »

Does anyone know what this is/will be?

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Beach-Boys/dp/B00BAO9966/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1361407139&sr=1-1&keywords=beach+boys
zachrwolfe
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:54:19 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:25:02 PM by zatch » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 04:56:21 PM »

See this: http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=8906507

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:04 PM »

Doing a quick search for "Icon" in Coming Soon on Amazon finds a load of other CDs of the same title, none of them with an image yet, all to be released within the next month or two. I see two possibilities -- either there's going to be a whole line of branded best-ofs that incorporates everyone from The Captain And Tennile to Liberace to Poison, or (more likely) "Icon" is a generic placeholder name on Amazon.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
pancakerecords
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:22 PM »

It looks like the "Icon" series is a Capitol budget Greatest Hits line. They seem to be releasing some by their Contemporary Christian artists as well as Everclear and some other bands.

"Alright, I wanna ask you something - he's not getting a very big signal.  Do you think it would be good to move the mic a little bit closer?"
                                                                                           -Van Dyke Parks
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:46 PM »

Fab, a great new comp to make 50BOs redundant! Great marketing! LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 05:08:44 PM »

Another:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B6CVS4I/

“We live in divisive times.”
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:49 PM »

Fab, a great new comp to make 50BOs redundant! Great marketing! LOL

It's Capitol's trademark.
_____

It's been a good 4 months since their last compilation release....by my calculations they're a little late in releasing this next comp

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 07:07:45 PM »

There are a lot of CD's in the Icon series, this is just another wave of them.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 08:04:11 PM »

The ICON series has nothing to do with Capitol. It's a UMe budget line series -- Clapton, The Who, Moodies.
It's usually a decent double-disc starter comp.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 07:47:26 AM »

The ICON series has nothing to do with Capitol. It's a UMe budget line series -- Clapton, The Who, Moodies.
It's usually a decent double-disc starter comp.

Did you miss the fact that Capitol was bought by Universal Music Group last year?

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 08:46:49 AM »

Another half arsed compilation consisting almost completely of songs from 1962-1966 I bet. With Kokomo of course.
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 08:58:08 AM »

I.'d Like To Teach The World To Sing:

Watch your tone.

I know more about UMe purchasing Capitol than you can EVER, EVER fathom.
I'm merely explaining to someone that this disc/series isn't originating from the Tower.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 10:58:14 AM »

I.'d Like To Teach The World To Sing:

Watch your tone.

I know more about UMe purchasing Capitol than you can EVER, EVER fathom.
I'm merely explaining to someone that this disc/series isn't originating from the Tower.

You make me laugh, and considering I didn't swear or lob any insults your way at all, I'll speak to you however I please according to the rules of the board. Save the bold type, really, it is just amusing. Fathom that.
Capitol is now an official arm of UMe, so saying the disc in question has nothing to do with the label is just a bit misleading.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:08:34 AM by I.'d Like To Teach The World To Sing » Logged

Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2013, 11:12:09 AM »

This is an insult/knock: Did you miss the fact that Capitol was bought by Universal Music Group last year?
(But it's the kind of insult/knock by a dude who uses cute pen monikers rather than their given name.)

Just trying to pass good info along.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 11:14:46 AM »

Hey there, Ian.  I'd suggest you listen to Howie and watch your tone.  He's a well-respected author and poster on this board.  

And you..........well, we'll just leave it at that.  Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 11:22:17 AM »

This is an insult/knock: Did you miss the fact that Capitol was bought by Universal Music Group last year?
(But it's the kind of insult/knock by a dude who uses cute pen monikers rather than their given name.)

Just trying to pass good info along.

It wasn't intended as an insult or a knock in any way.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:28:14 AM by I.'d Like To Teach The World To Sing » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 11:27:31 AM »

And you..........well, we'll just leave it at that.  Smiley

Oh, the self-proclaimed expert on Capitol labels and disgusting sexual metaphors, again. Let's take it to PMs, I have a lot to say to you, old man.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 11:33:35 AM »

Nah, I don't have time for that. I have better things to do today. Seems like you have an inordinate amount of time to post on this board all day and all night, though. You should probably find more constructive things to do with your time, instead of hassling people here with your know-it-all attitude.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 11:34:31 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 11:43:28 AM »

Nah, I don't have time for that. I have better things to do today. Seems like you have an inordinate amount of time to post on this board all day and all night, though. You should probably find more constructive things to do with your time, instead of hassling people here with your know-it-all attitude.

Look at your post count, and then mine. I have never inferred I "know it all", I merely knew more than you did about one subject, the dates of Capitol labels, and you threw insults at me, rather than engage in an adult conversation. You should be embarrassed, and act your considerable age.
I was merely asking a person if they hadn't heard that Capitol merged with Universal, that's all, an honest question. Your faultless bank of knowledge isn't required at this stage.

Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

It wasn't an honest question.

Do you really think that I didn't know about UMe now owning Capitol???

For someone who's posted, literally, continuously on this board, you must've at some point read at least a few of my posts and been aware know the work I do.

So, either you just post constantly and never read anyone else's posts -- which is quite possible -- or you were being obnoxious and I (and another board member) called you on it.
(And I used my real name when I did it.)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 12:09:03 PM by Howie Edelson » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 12:14:54 PM »

While you were all fighting.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B00BAO9966/ref=dp_image_text_0?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 12:19:55 PM »

Howie knows record label politics and business in the current world in an inside way that no one else I know does...and on both coasts. He's also a good father, which is harder than the rest.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 12:26:02 PM »

I really like that cover.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 12:32:23 PM »

You make me laugh, and considering I didn't swear or lob any insults your way at all, I'll speak to you however I please according to the rules of the board. Save the bold type, really, it is just amusing. Fathom that. Capitol is now an official arm of UMe, so saying the disc in question has nothing to do with the label is just a bit misleading.

Insult # 1 - "You make me laugh."
Insult # 2 - "I'll speak to you however I please according to the rules of the board".
Insult # 3 - "Save the bold type, really, it is just amusing. Fathom that."

If that isn't insulting and condescending, I don't know what is.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx