gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 05:31:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dream about the Beach Boys  (Read 10102 times)
zachrwolfe
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2014, 11:21:55 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:03:04 PM by zatch » Logged
halblaineisgood
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2014, 02:46:27 AM »

« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:02:23 PM by Al Jardine: TheDickup Artist » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2014, 02:02:01 AM »

Spent a rather restless night last night trying to work out how Kevin Leslie could somehow have been responsible for the Leslie'd guitar sound on "You're So Good To Me". Unfortunately i woke up before I could solve this knotty problem.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
mysticmoon1993
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »

I had a dream I was driving into a strip mall in my hometown and for some reason Brian was doing a meet and greet outside the pizza parlor in the strip mall. I didn't know before I got there but once I realized I started fixing my makeup because I looked bad in the dream or something. I waited in line and then when it was my turn we talked for like 15 minutes at a small round table about music theory and why certain sounds evoke certain emotional responses. He seemed very engaged in the conversation and then he told me I remind him of Zooey Deschanel. I told him I knew he thinks she's pretty (doesn't he say that at the end of that one interview she did with him?). Then I got up to walk away and as I was walking past him I decided to turn around and I told him I loved him and he looked surprised and turned red... then I woke up.

I also had another dream where I was walking in the backyard of my childhood home and Mike was sleeping on a bench in front of the basement stairwell. He was dressed in all white and wore a white hat (you guys probably know which outfit I'm referring to). I asked him what he was doing there and he said he and the band had just arrived. Evidently they were staying in my house while they were in New York on tour. So I went inside to find everyone else and I don't remember seeing Carl, Al, or Dennis at all, but I remember looking into a sunroom where Brian was sitting with a bunch of old ladies talking about who knows what. In the dream I thought to myself that this was my only chance to tell him whatever I wanted to tell him. So in the dream I become extremely anxious about what to say to him, and ended up waking up before I got the courage to tell him whatever it was.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2014, 04:18:42 PM »

Why on earth should we spend thousands of dollars on back stage passes when we can meet these guys for free in our dreams?   Azn

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2014, 04:24:25 PM »

I also had another dream where I was walking in the backyard of my childhood home and Mike was sleeping on a bench in front of the basement stairwell. He was dressed in all white and wore a white hat (you guys probably know which outfit I'm referring to). I asked him what he was doing there and he said he and the band had just arrived. Evidently they were staying in my house while they were in New York on tour. So I went inside to find everyone else and I don't remember seeing Carl, Al, or Dennis at all, but I remember looking into a sunroom where Brian was sitting with a bunch of old ladies talking about who knows what. In the dream I thought to myself that this was my only chance to tell him whatever I wanted to tell him. So in the dream I become extremely anxious about what to say to him, and ended up waking up before I got the courage to tell him whatever it was.

Lesson learned from that dream, don't meet Brian in real life  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
mysticmoon1993
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2014, 05:22:15 PM »

You know I've actually thought about what I would do if I ever found myself in that scenario... I'd probably just babble because I'd be so flustered. I'd feel weird at a meet and greet though, knowing he isn't particularly fond of them.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2014, 06:28:07 PM »

Same.

I've had the opportunity to meet him a few times but never took it. I know exactly how it would play out, me nervous as hell and him completely not interested.

I'm about as good at meeting new people as Brian is  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Bittersweet-Sanity
Smiley Smile Associate

Busy Doin' Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2014, 08:33:33 PM »

I had a dream I was driving into a strip mall in my hometown and for some reason Brian was doing a meet and greet outside the pizza parlor in the strip mall. I didn't know before I got there but once I realized I started fixing my makeup because I looked bad in the dream or something. I waited in line and then when it was my turn we talked for like 15 minutes at a small round table about music theory and why certain sounds evoke certain emotional responses. He seemed very engaged in the conversation and then he told me I remind him of Zooey Deschanel. I told him I knew he thinks she's pretty (doesn't he say that at the end of that one interview she did with him?). Then I got up to walk away and as I was walking past him I decided to turn around and I told him I loved him and he looked surprised and turned red... then I woke up.
Ha! That's true, tho. When i first saw your profile pic, i thought "damn, she looks dead-on like Zooey D."  Wink

"It looks like I'm going to have to go bananas all by myself." -B.W.

"Dr. Landy and Brian Wilson are right out of a storybook." -Brian Wilson

"So maybe Beach Boys fans are stupid and we can dismiss the whole thing. But maybe that's a pretty snotty attitude to take; maybe something is happening here that we just ought to know about" -Paul Williams

"Brian is an enigma, a leprechaun," said rhythm guitarist Al Jardine.

"There ain't a rocketship powerfull enough to be able to blast Jeff's fat ass into space."-Mike's Beard
mysticmoon1993
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2014, 02:27:30 PM »

Ha! That's true, tho. When i first saw your profile pic, i thought "damn, she looks dead-on like Zooey D."  Wink
Haha, well thank you!  Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2014, 02:35:47 PM »

I once had a dream that Brian was on the SEAL team that brought down Bin Laden...have no idea how that works either lol

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:08 PM »

Love and Mercy.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »

I once had a dream that Brian was on the SEAL team that brought down Bin Laden...have no idea how that works either lol

He played them "we're still cruisin after all of these years "  on a loop.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx