-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sore Throat
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sore Throat  (Read 5946 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2013, 06:45:37 AM »

Anyone have any good home remedies for sore throats? I'm in that period where I'm not sure if it's trip-to-the-doctor worthy, but I feel like absolute sh*t and the OTC stuff never works. Thanks!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:50:32 AM »

Cough Drops work for me when my throat hurts.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 07:55:13 AM »

Zi-Cam spray.  But if you get ANY other symptoms of a cold, get to the doctor fast

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:42:09 AM »

I am no doctor, but try turmeric.

Take loads of it. Smiley It's good for many things. Smiley

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Al Jardine: Pick Up Artist
Smiley Smile Associate

I am an asexual walrus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:51 PM »

Cepacol is amazing.

You're lucky it's just a sore throat for you, I'm laying in bed with the full-blown flu. Headache, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, sinus pressure, runny nose, congestion, and the snot in my sinuses is so infected it's gone from yellow to green to brown. Yeesh.

Which song: Inappropriate relationship with sister-in-law

Which song: Gonna straight up bang you with "the wood".

Which song: Weather conditions make me horny

Which song: Lack of proper shoes leads to potential blood poisoning and death.

Which song: Who needs church? Let's do it on the couch.

Dennis: "Holy sh*t, Al, you're finally showing signs of developing facial hair!!!"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 12:59:48 PM »

wow, that's rough.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 05:55:17 AM »

You know, when I have a sore throat, I don't take medicine at all, because it's all chemistry, therefore, harmful. I just deal with it. So what about not paying any attention to all those symptoms? F.ex., spending time at doing your favorite hobby in order to go away from that unpleasant situation? I myself escape the thoughts about illness playing on my synthesizer. It's like a placebo effect to me. And it really works.

girl were you serious when you typed it? Shocked

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 06:03:52 AM »

Made a doctor's appt. today - thanks for your help, guys.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 06:28:12 AM »

look out if you have the flu. that cough is murder to get rid of. i had it for almost 4 weeks before i shook it. and a lot of my customers have had the same experience. best of luck and hope you get well soon.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 10:48:23 PM »

Do any of you like the episode where Billy, Dilly, Willy mess around to get adventure? I like "Duck Tales". Donald has cool voice, if a little annoying. Bottom line: never worry to have a sore throat. Look up to Donnie. 3D Listen, observe his voice, sample it, whatever. /clever rant over 3D
Don't thank me.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:13:17 AM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 03:01:45 AM »

I dunno why this thread is bumped, but if you're sick in any sort of way, take a lemon, squeeze half of  it into a cup, add water, and drink at least 1 lemon to 2 lemons worth of lemon water a day.

that'll help nip sicknesses in the bud but that's mostly for immune system maintenance, so if you think you're really getting sick.... it's fokken nasty, but chew and swallow a small chunk of ginger, and a garlic clove or two a couple times a day until you feel better.

they're gross, but the plant foods with the really strong flavors will KO any sort of gnarly bug that's trying to invade your body. lemon, ginger, hot peppers, oregano, etc....

in general, just eat many vegetables and fruits, and avoid poisonous stuff like candy or sodas, and you'll find yourself to be in much better health than most people.

I've been doing that fresh squeezed lemon juice + water thing at least 4 or 5 days a week for the past several years, and haven't been sick (except in the head) since then. it doesn't taste great, but it will give you the chance to use all your sick days for doing fun things, like visiting art museums, or attacking the employees of chuck e cheese.  Smiley

No mas, por favor.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 07:39:30 AM »

Hi all,

Cepacol, cough drops, life savers and water all work.  Also sleep is good. 
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:32 AM »

Why was this bumped more than a year after the last reply?

Edit: oh, I just noticed who bumped it. Nevermind, got my answer.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:26:30 AM by SloopJohnB » Logged

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 11:28:37 PM »

stack-o-tracks, I like your meds-free advice. In my last post I mentioned raspberry jam. [if you can't find it fresh] It's another way to ease up your coughing that leads to quick recovery. Medicine/pills are bad because more people become dependent on it. The antibodies don't fight the illness any better, only with the help of chemistry. It does harm.
Am not a doctor, just using logic here.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 09:58:16 AM »

What usually works for me...and I do this as soon as I feel a cold or sore throat coming.  [Wait 'til it arrives and it's WAY too late...]  I pop 1, 2  or 3 echinacea capsules.  It's natural stuff and it knocks the crap out of whatever is coming USUALLY.  The doage depends of what I feel coming.  1 more a mild symptom.  2 for something which seems more likely to nail me and 3 for "Oh Oh!!!  Here 'it' comes... Shocked"

I'd say it's about 85%-90% effective.  Gotta do it EARLY though.  [It's not any good for allergies though.]

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: