gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680847 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 03:19:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Meeting Mike and/or Bruce at their show  (Read 13849 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2013, 04:26:36 AM »

for goodness sake, will you stop talking about osd for a sec? he doesn't warrant even a mere mention of him.  Roll Eyes
There is a concept called "humor" that I suggest you look up and cool it already. I realize this board hates my guts and I am about done with this place.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2013, 05:25:31 AM »

don't be touchy, i wasn't referring only to you but also the other guys who went on remembering old surfer. hell, he even has his own thread!!!! personally, i have no problem with you. apologies if i appeared a lil bit harsh. no insults really.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2013, 05:40:56 AM »

don't be touchy, i wasn't referring only to you but also the other guys who went on remembering old surfer. hell, he even has his own thread!!!! personally, i have no problem with you. apologies if i appeared a lil bit harsh. no insults really.
Apologies from me as well, I was joking around when I posted about OSD at Seaworld. I am just on edge right now with this place since I seem to be the new board whipping boy.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »

Oh, for goodness sakes!  Goodness gracious!  OMG!!!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:47:23 AM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2013, 11:57:01 AM »

Apologies from me as well, I was joking around when I posted about OSD at Seaworld. I am just on edge right now with this place since I seem to be the new board whipping boy.

OSD is simply the new SOS around here! ...... Let him not be forgotten!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2013, 12:20:00 PM »

"Bands Brew & BBQ Festival features:
o Sizzling BBQ from SeaWorld’s own culinary team and from local restaurants including: Tony Roma’s, Cecil’s Texas Style Bar B Q and Sonny’s Bar-B-Q
o Harley Davidson of Orlando has bikes on display throughout the event
o Craft Brew Sampler includes your choice of 10 samples with over 25 domestic and imported craft beers to choose from.
o VIP Packages includes reserved seating for the concert and a meal.
o VIP Package and Craft Brew Sampler are available by visiting SeaWorldOrlando.com"

This is sounding better and better! All I got at my C50 show was a stale pretzel for $10 extra bucks!

We should fly oldsurferdude down to the show as "sorry" for his ban.

Only if we can get him the most exclusive VIP package with an on camera meet-n-greet!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »

o Sizzling BBQ from SeaWorld’s own culinary team and from local restaurants including: Tony Roma’s, Cecil’s Texas Style Bar B Q and Sonny’s Bar-B-Q
o Craft Brew Sampler includes your choice of 10 samples with over 25 domestic and imported craft beers to choose from.
o VIP Package and Craft Brew Sampler are available by visiting SeaWorldOrlando.com"

This is sounding better and better! All I got at my C50 show was a stale pretzel for $10 extra bucks!

Only if we can get him the most exclusive VIP package with an on camera meet-n-greet!
Great idea, or we can have OSD hijack shamu to crash into the stage.

Paulos
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2013, 01:58:25 PM »

Great idea, or we can have OSD hijack shamu to crash into the stage.

I can see it now, Old Surfer Dude riding on the back of Shamu and urging her (?) to leap onto the stage while going 'wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen'
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:25 PM »

Just say "NO!" to "Duke Of Earl" in any Beach Boys related concert.
I've told this story before here but feel compelled to do it again. In 2003, in Biloxi, as the crowd was seated waiting for the next song and Mike rambled on about real oldies, up popped Duke of Earl. This wasn't the first time I was subjected to this song being in the setlist. But this time was different because I actually got up from near the front and walked out. I got some strange looks, but I was trying to send a message to Mike. It sucked!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 02:12:06 PM »

Hey, Mike loves Doo Wop, which is something of an under appreciated bit of rock and roll history, and a Mike/Bruce concert is his soapbox! Let the man do his thing.... If it sucks, that's another story, as there are much better Doo Wop songs to bust out!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 02:39:36 PM »

Duke Of Earl is a classic record, an early 60's retro-doo wop trip with a ton of self-aware humor. I don't want to hear The Beach Boys do it, tho.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 02:42:08 PM »

Duke Of Earl is a classic record, an early 60's retro-doo wop trip with a ton of self-aware humor. I don't want to hear The Beach Boys do it, tho.

It could sure work at Sea World though, as Mike can christen himself "Duke Of The Pool"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 02:48:45 PM »

It could sure work at Sea World though, as Mike can christen himself "Duke Of The Pool"
Bruce can also do a skills show with shamu that involves Mic adjusting.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 02:49:42 PM »

A final irony of the BBs story is that in the same week, Brian won a grammy, while Mike played Seaworld with Shamu the whale.

Paulos
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2013, 02:56:06 PM »

A final irony of the BBs story is that in the same week, Brian won a grammy, while Mike played Seaworld with Shamu the whale.

You make it sound like Shamu was part of the band, did Shamu have a lead vocal?
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2013, 02:57:29 PM »

He sang SIP with Mike.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:26 PM »

Mike had some good contributions on that Grammy award winning album, and, isn't Brian - and Al - whining because they WANTED to appear with Mike & Bruce at Seaworld...
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »

Mike had some good contributions on that Grammy award winning album, and, isn't Brian - and Al - whining because they WANTED to appear with Mike & Bruce at Seaworld...
They wanted to appear with M&B at MSG, Wrigley Field, etc...

jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2013, 03:07:09 PM »

LOL LOL LOL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 13, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »

I was hoping Mike would do a synchronized swimming routine with Shamu while crooning "Shamuhama"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:47 PM »

LOL

And for the record, I hate Duke of Earl.

This is the only version I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwJ3FMLlrSQ

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »

Of course you do, Billy. Of course.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »

Agreed!
I'd like to see Gene Chandler in concert.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »

They wanted to appear with M&B at MSG, Wrigley Field, etc...

If Brian joined the M& B Show, he would quickly see the reality of being in the Beach Boys - post 50th Anniversary Tour. And MSG, Wrigley Field, etc. would not be part of that gig. Maybe minor league ball parks, though. I believe that was part, just part of Mike's reasoning to continue as M & B. Once everything died down and Brian was playing the Seaworlds of the world - consistently - would he still be motivated?

I don't even want to address Al right now. He is starting to appear as a sad figure.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2013, 05:28:47 PM »

The more I think about, and as much as I find the whole Sea World thing hilarious to no end, I really can't blame Mike at all for his view on where he plays, how he tours, what's in it for him.... I wonder how Mike feels when he sees Brian get endlessly rewarded and honored for things that he himself contributed to heavily in a large part. I wonder if Mike was up there getting a Kennedy Center Honor along with Brian (and the rest of The Beach Boys: c'mon) if his attitude would change........ or....... if we'd just get another Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame type speech.... I wonder if he just figures "Brian can take all the worship, acclaim, endless fellating, awards, honors, while I'll just keep on doing what I love and do well until I drop, regardless of what anyone cares or thinks" ...... I can certainly get with that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 05:30:09 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx