gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 08:59:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: most famous \  (Read 1807 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2013, 06:22:04 PM »

First of all, what I mean by unreleased is anything that's released as a bonus track or considered previously unreleased on twofers, box sets, b00tleg, or compilations like Endless Harmony or Hawthorne CA...Then as I consider most famous, I think of what the music listening public has possibly heard from documentaries, random radio listenings, or those of us who try to share the deeper tracks we know and love.

I can think of a list of songs that some may know-

Loop De Loop Flip Flop (Some of my family and friends know this because I used to blare it when I first for the EH soundtrack, my brother asked me- "did that song not do so well?")
Mrs. OLearys Cow (possibly from An American Band doc)
Good Vibrations (early version)
Soulful Old Man Sunshine
Hang On to Your Ego (its discussion on many articles about Pet Sounds and such)
Can't Wait too Long (its use on TLOS making it finally get released after years of usage on Smile mixes for some reason, and almost being put on other albums)
San Miguel
He's a Bum (Starting from David Leaf's rumor/article, talking about sining background vocals)
Still I Dream it Of (the use on IJWMFTT, rumors of the Adult Child album, etc)
Holy Man
We Got Love
Spirit of Rock and Roll (Since its appearence on the Hawaii reunion special, Brian's few performances, and Bob Dylan's rumor appearence)
Do you Like Worms?
Brian's Back
California Feeling (rumors brought to the public that Brian's genius was back)
Sherri She Needs Me
Smart Girls (rumors of BW rapping in the early 90s)
My Solution

I'm sure there's some who will disagree  with me, but I'd like to hear your votes or suggestions.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 06:35:02 PM by punkinhead » Logged

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 06:53:52 PM »

Can't Wait too Long (its use on TLOS making it finally get released after years of usage on Smile mixes for some reason, and almost being put on other albums)

This was released legitmately long before TLOS. Check the 1990 twofer of SS/WH.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

And the GV box, of course.

I would say Fire is #1.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2013, 02:31:03 AM »

Maybe "Hang on to your Ego" due to the massive disproportionate fame and popularity Pet Sounds enjoys. The first Beach Boys album I ever owned was Pet Sounds on cassette and "Ego" was included as bonus track.

Please delete my account
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 02:22:26 PM »

This was released legitmately long before TLOS. Check the 1990 twofer of SS/WH.
Well yeah, I know that but released as an artistic statement on TLOS makes it a "final release" to me. I guess because it was actually performed and used rather than just a bonus track.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 03:35:42 PM »

I honestly think that none of those except Hang Onto Your Ego and *maybe* Fire would be known of by anyone other than the hardcore fanbase.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 04:05:34 PM »

Fire was the symbol of Brian's craziness, cited in many articles and stories about the band, and spotlighted in the American Band film. Ego, I would rate above only hardcores, only because Frank Black covered it.

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2013, 04:43:17 PM »

Fire was the symbol of Brian's craziness, cited in many articles and stories about the band, and spotlighted in the American Band film. Ego, I would rate above only hardcores, only because Frank Black covered it.

Ego is also the bonus track on Pet Sounds, which many, *many* people have without owning another Beach Boys album.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2013, 04:57:36 PM »

But did he win a GRAMMY for Hang On To Your Ego?Huh  Tongue

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2013, 08:22:33 PM »

But did he win a GRAMMY for Hang On To Your Ego?Huh  Tongue

touche

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx