gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 05:30:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian on future Beach Boys plans, no more reunions!  (Read 38778 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2013, 02:33:42 PM »

Brian was interviewed backstage at the grammys

He said that Beach Boys are planning to record another album this year but at the same time he said "I doubt it" at the possibility of more Beach Boys reunion dates.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/wilson-doubts-beach-boys-back-article-1.1260323

Forget the articles, straight from the man himself

http://www.hitfix.com/news/grammys-2013-beach-boys-brian-wilson-talks-about-new-material
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 06:45:29 PM by Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 02:37:20 PM »

Good to hear about that album.

Brian doubting future gigs with the BBs has the informative value of a peanut, though.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 02:43:54 PM »

He said that Beach Boys planning to record another album this year but at the same time he said "I doubt it" at the possibility of more Beach Boys reunion dates.

Told you'all  

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 03:00:08 PM »

Brian was interviewed backstage at the grammys

He said that Beach Boys planning to record another album this year but at the same time he said "I doubt it" at the possibility of more Beach Boys reunion dates.

Interesting. Hope it works out.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

Wow, that's quite interesting to hear. I was really having my doubts about the whole thing to be honest.

If there's going to be another album I just hope they will be able to avoid repeating things like Daybreak Over The Ocean or Beaches In Mind. Give me more of those awesome TWGMTR harmonies and stuff in the vein of the closing suite.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 03:09:04 PM »

Wow, that's quite interesting to hear. I was really having my doubts about the whole thing to be honest.

If there's going to be another album I just hope they will be able to avoid repeating things like Daybreak Over The Ocean or Beaches In Mind. Give me more of those awesome TWGMTR harmonies and stuff in the vein of the closing suite.
They should have another look at what Brian (and his people) did with TLOS. Jardine would be game, that's for sure. Throw in a couple of "Mexican Girls" and Mike might actually be convinced as well. Bruce follows Mike wherever he goes and Dave could contribute some inspired/original guitar work.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 03:10:28 PM »

I hope the band take no notice of what the fans demand, and do whatever they want to do, with whomever they choose.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 03:16:16 PM »

I hope the band take no notice of what the fans demand, and do whatever they want to do, with whomever they choose.

Absolutely.
And I *also* hope that "whatever they want to do, with whomever they choose" turns out to be exactly the album they'd make if I was in charge Wink

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 03:23:12 PM »

I have been a fan since 1978 and thought my Beach Boys ride was over Dec 1983.

If it ended last year, so be it. The last 30 years has been a bonus.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »

I have been a fan since 1978 and thought my Beach Boys ride was over Dec 1983.

If it ended last year, so be it. The last 30 years has been a bonus.
An extremely double-edged bonus.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »

I really hope the group does another album together. But I also saw this quote on the CourierPostOnline: Next week, he heads into a studio to work on solo material.

I mean, I suppose when he started working on what became That's Why God Made The Radio with Joe Thomas, and mentioning titles like "The Private Life Of Bill And Sue" it was thought that was solo project too.

And although I disagree with those like AGD who don't want a new Beach Boys album, I have to admit that unless the guys are really into doing this album, I don't want it. Because we know what happens with Beach Boys albums when the guys don't give a crap.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 04:24:22 PM »

I think when Brian gives a crap, it overcomes all else.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 04:53:49 PM »

I see Brian's comments are getting picked up by a few news outlets.

Maybe that will ignite a response out of Mike, possibly a letter to the LA times  Roll Eyes

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »

I see Brian's comments are getting picked up by a few news outlets.

Just like this one in 2010?

http://www.live4ever.uk.com/2010/08/brian-wilson-not-interested-in-beach-boys-reunion-afterall/

I don't think much can be read in Brians comments.

Just a thought. Would Capitol expect some group promotion around any new studio album? I would expect so.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »

Wow, this is a great exploding moment of joy for SMILE and some questions about the new album.  Is there a published quote about the album; do they have studio dates set?  In short, any actual information? Are we going on a published interview or something overheard?  Perhaps many of you have things in confidence, but I do hope for the moment when all the band members and their colleagues can talk about the "fact" that the BB are doing a new album. As for concerts. . . . .I believe nothing positive or negative until I am sitting there at the Hollywood Bowl again. The Professor has been nauseating in his insistence that they ought to/will do the album. I hope it happens. The Smile glory today is a point for, right!? Does not that think sort of set in motion the Capital wheels. . . ? And, in a better light, does it not inspire all the BB (Dave was not on Smile of course).

Edit: in the link at the top of the thread, which I now finally read, it says nothing about a BB album. Please clarify.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:48:18 PM by the professor » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »

Edit: in the link at the top of the thread, which I now finally read, it says nothing about a BB album. Please clarify.

Yep, in fact it reads like he's ruling out doing any other Beach Boys work at all, and is going into the studio to do solo stuff.

SloopJohnnyB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 05:52:08 PM »

Don't worry. If Capital shows the money everyone will fall in line and there is nothing wrong with that.

For those that doubt? Don't you get it by now? ANYTHING is possible in the Beach Boy Universe. Transcendental Meditation Even another tour. I'll be happy with a BB50 LIVE CD set and a new studio album. A new tour for the fans will be a wonderful bonus. We'll see.....

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:53:53 PM by SloopJohnnyB » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 05:54:39 PM »

There was a different article that states he is doing a BB album but probably not a tour. Maybe a misquote? Let me look for it...

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 05:56:44 PM »

Don't worry. If Capital shows the money everyone will fall in line and there is nothing wrong with that.

For those that doubt? Don't you get it by now? ANYTHING is possible n the Beach Boy Universe. Transcendental Meditation Even another tour. I'll be happy with a BB50 LIVE CD set and a new studio album. A new tour for the fans will be a wonderful bonus. We'll see.....

Anything's possible, but given that Mike has said that the reunion was only for a year, and Brian says he doesn't think it's going  to happen, I don't see why anyone would think it was going to happen.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 05:58:30 PM »

They must have not picked up on that, possibly because they're focusing on the negative rather than the positive.

Here's a quote from billboard about Brian's comments regarding a new album, in the press room

Brian Wilson, a #Grammys winner tonight, says Beach Boys will “try” for an album this year

Taken from billboard's twitter page.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 05:59:37 PM by Shady » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 05:59:22 PM »

I'm sure Capitol would bankroll an album! They'd be nuts not to, imo. Even an expensive effort like TWGMTR which had a wholly unsuccessful lead single got in the top 5 if the billboard, so the band can shift a few units - even without a tour, if you had a better lead single the record would do respectably. Why not?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »

I'm sure Capitol would bankroll an album! They'd be nuts not to, imo. Even an expensive effort like TWGMTR which had a wholly unsuccessful lead single got in the top 5 if the billboard, so the band can shift a few units - even without a tour, if you had a better lead single the record would do respectably. Why not?

It went top five largely because of the QVC sales. The QVC sales were packaged with a second disc of the band's greatest hits, which was pushed almost as hard on the TV as the album itself, and may well be the reason for a lot of people's purchases. It also got a huge amount of publicity because it was Brian working with the band for the first time in seventy-five years or whatever made up figure everyone kept saying instead of sixteen. None of that would apply to a second album.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

Well, now the inaccurate popular knowledge of the group is that Brian's been fired again, reckon lightning can strike twice?  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:08 PM »

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/grammys-2013-brian-wilson-talks-420125

Cook pork throughly
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »

Health issues won’t keep him from going back into the studio, with or without the rest of the surviving Beach Boys. Wilson said he’s set to work on material “from scratch.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/wilson-doubts-beach-boys-back-article-1.1260323#ixzz2KYJeBKqC

What ever. Looks like new BW product this year at least.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx