gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 07:58:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile Sessions wins a grammy!!!  (Read 25838 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2013, 09:30:28 PM »

I remember reading that once on the old PSML and forgotten about it until AGD mentioned it in his book.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2013, 10:34:46 PM »

why did they feel the need to have someone holding his hand while he was up there? social ettiquette reasons? let the man do what he wants. he appeared ambivalent and ready to bolt; understandably so. NARAS can suck it...what a joke. they should have dedicated the whole damn ceremony to him and america's band!

Looked to me like Brian was nervous and wanted to be reassured by someone he knew and trusted. So he chose to hold hands with both of his collaborators. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think much of the Grammys but I'm sure glad Brian was around to get this award. I think it means a lot to him.

I saw Brian fall last year in Raleigh, NC, putting his bass on for the encore.  It had to have hurt him physically - and embarrassed him.  I don't blame him for wanting the security of a couple of folks holding onto him up on the Grammy stage.

Lee

That's terrible..

I wonder why he just doesn't use a walking stick, Brian would look cool with one of those pimp canes..

Prince used one at this years Grammy's  LOL

I read in a tabloid a while back that Prince had to have hip replacement surgery, and was extremely embarassed about it.  It is kind of sad seeing someone like him who's always been so youthful, and hip, and exciting grow old!

I didn't know that Prince had hip surgery. And I also didn't watch the Grammys. Anyways, I thought the cane he was using was just for the looks. Did he actually need the cane?
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #152 on: February 13, 2013, 01:15:39 AM »

He uses it it to chase off the kids who keep trying to scrump his apples
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 13, 2013, 05:29:11 AM »

Number of Grammy's Brian has: 2

Number of Grammy's Mike has: 0

What's the point? What's the need to make a comment like this? Does it make you feel good?

makes me feel good. nothing wrong in stating facts (forgetting the lifetime achievement award they all got). and both of brian's have to do with smile. karma indeed.

Karma, right?  Like the same Karma that gave Brian a mental disorder and Mike perfect health?  Shut the f*** up. 

back at ya

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 13, 2013, 05:46:41 AM »

Ron, why the hell would you call out such a great guy like Steve Mayo?

My guess is you were drinking and posting again.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx