gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 11:13:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Smile Sessions wins a grammy!!!  (Read 25846 times)
FUN³
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013, 04:42:30 PM »

why did they feel the need to have someone holding his hand while he was up there? social ettiquette reasons? let the man do what he wants. he appeared ambivalent and ready to bolt; understandably so. NARAS can suck it...what a joke. they should have dedicated the whole damn ceremony to him and america's band!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2013, 04:53:18 PM »

why did they feel the need to have someone holding his hand while he was up there?
That's Dennis Wolfe, one of Brian's co-winners (if I remember the video correctly).  Wink
GoodVibrations33
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »

why did they feel the need to have someone holding his hand while he was up there? social ettiquette reasons? let the man do what he wants. he appeared ambivalent and ready to bolt; understandably so. NARAS can suck it...what a joke. they should have dedicated the whole damn ceremony to him and america's band!

My guess is because his back is still giving him trouble.
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 11, 2013, 07:41:15 PM »

And the Grammy for cutest couple goes to…

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 11, 2013, 07:52:57 PM »

why did they feel the need to have someone holding his hand while he was up there? social ettiquette reasons? let the man do what he wants.

That's all and good man but we're talking about a guy who's had some serious psychological issues in his life.  Maybe he asked somebody to hold his hand?  We don't know what's going on. 
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2013, 08:25:18 PM »

It was mentioned that he was recovering from a procedure done on his back.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2013, 08:40:37 PM »

It was mentioned that he was recovering from a procedure done on his back.

Must have been pretty serious since that's been the excuse for a good while

LOL LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2013, 01:50:07 AM »

Guys, once again: when Brian was on stage before (and after?) accepting the Grammy that wasn't some 'extra guy' who was hired to hold Brian's hand but one of his co-winners, one of the guys we have to thank for the SMiLE SESSIONS. He simply was kind enough to (not only physically) assist a somewhat frail Brian up on stage. You know how he is with crowds, cameras and stuff. A bad back will do the rest.

...  Roll Eyes

Grin
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2013, 05:06:54 AM »

Number of Grammy's Brian has: 2

Number of Grammy's Mike has: 0

What's the point? What's the need to make a comment like this? Does it make you feel good?
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2013, 05:24:32 AM »

Looked to me like Brian was nervous and wanted to be reassured by someone he knew and trusted. So he chose to hold hands with both of his collaborators. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think much of the Grammys but I'm sure glad Brian was around to get this award. I think it means a lot to him.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:49 AM »

What's the point? What's the need to make a comment like this? Does it make you feel good?

makes me feel good. nothing wrong in stating facts (forgetting the lifetime achievement award they all got). and both of brian's have to do with smile. karma indeed.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
LeeDempsey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »

Looked to me like Brian was nervous and wanted to be reassured by someone he knew and trusted. So he chose to hold hands with both of his collaborators. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think much of the Grammys but I'm sure glad Brian was around to get this award. I think it means a lot to him.

I saw Brian fall last year in Raleigh, NC, putting his bass on for the encore.  It had to have hurt him physically - and embarrassed him.  I don't blame him for wanting the security of a couple of folks holding onto him up on the Grammy stage.

Lee
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2013, 12:48:39 PM »

I saw Brian fall last year in Raleigh, NC, putting his bass on for the encore.  It had to have hurt him physically - and embarrassed him.  I don't blame him for wanting the security of a couple of folks holding onto him up on the Grammy stage.

Lee

That's terrible..

I wonder why he just doesn't use a walking stick, Brian would look cool with one of those pimp canes..

Prince used one at this years Grammy's  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »

makes me feel good. nothing wrong in stating facts (forgetting the lifetime achievement award they all got). and both of brian's have to do with smile. karma indeed.

Yes, facts are facts.  Hurray for that. Wow, Brian has two Grammys and Mike doesn't have any.  Stop the presses. What a news flash. That's not my point.  My point was, what compels people to make unnecessary, childish comments like that.  it adds nothing to the conversation and just makes a person look small and petty.  There's enough of that going around already.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

This win kind of reminds me of my uncle in a way. He was a huge Beach Boys fans and would always sing the falsetto parts (not well though  LOL)

In 2000, he died of complications relating to cancer. He was only 43. a couple of years later I bought Pet Sounds and was mesmerized.

But it was a few years after that that really got me hooked. I was sitting in my "bachelor pad" at home (my uncle's former side appartment.) I saw a tape and put it into my 2XL (got as a Christmas gift in the Nineties, still got it  LOL)

When I heard Heroes, I went nuts. I eventually found Purple Chick's SMiLE and I got addicted.

Congrats to Brian and everyone who made SMiLE possible.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »

Didn't Mike hold Brian's hand when they walked out for a talk show appearance several months ago?  I think it's kind of sweet that Brian isn't self-conscious about having another guy hold his hand for assistance. He could have insisted on some scantily clad female beauty. They weren't in short supply at the Grammys. Not sure Melinda would have cared for that, though.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2013, 08:36:04 PM »

Karma, right?  Like the same Karma that gave Brian a mental disorder and Mike perfect health?  Shut the f*** up. 

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:23 PM »

I'm not surprised it won. Of course it won. It's Smile.
My words exactly. What kind of BBs fan could someone be doubting about TSS' getting Grammy award & saying other nominees more deserve it?  

It surprises the hell out of me, not because I underestimate the Beach Boys but because I underestimate the Grammy's.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »

Lee

That's terrible..

I wonder why he just doesn't use a walking stick, Brian would look cool with one of those pimp canes..

Prince used one at this years Grammy's  LOL

I read in a tabloid a while back that Prince had to have hip replacement surgery, and was extremely embarassed about it.  It is kind of sad seeing someone like him who's always been so youthful, and hip, and exciting grow old!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2013, 08:44:03 PM »

Karma, right?  Like the same Karma that gave Brian a mental disorder and Mike perfect health?  Shut the f*** up. 

That was unnecessary.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2013, 09:03:50 PM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't The Beach Boys win a lifetime Grammy a few years ago?

Also, a few people have been remembering Carl with these recent awards and recognition. I have, too. Carl was a huge, huge part of it. But, don't forget how Carl really felt about the Grammy's. He wrote a song about them on his first solo album.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2013, 09:10:05 PM »

Didn't that have something to do with Billy Joel's point of view rather than carl's own?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2013, 09:16:20 PM »

Didn't that have something to do with Billy Joel's point of view rather than carl's own?

I'm not following you. Could you elaborate?
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2013, 09:24:28 PM »

The lyrics were supposedly based on a billy Joel rant.

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2013, 09:25:37 PM »

The lyrics were supposedly based on a billy Joel rant.

Interesting. I'd never heard that.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx