gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 02:54:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: More like Wouldn't it be Terrible...  (Read 9548 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:49:26 PM »

http://www.hulu.com/watch/454223

Possibly the worst I've ever heard this song performed. This is LMAO bad.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »

Anyway i can watch this in the UK?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

I'll see if I can find a YouTube or DailyMotion link...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 01:16:46 PM »

Nice tribute to Al in there ala screwing up the words  Evil
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 01:20:47 PM »

That was terrible. So bad that it might have been scripted - like everything else on that show, because how could they mess it up - they only had to learn pretty much two verses, and they couldn't even handle one. One of the reasons American Idol sucks so hard is that they advocate the use of oversinging by their contestants - a guy can't come in and sing a song straight anymore, there always have to be vocal runs where they aren't needed.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 01:21:13 PM »

What song did he sing?

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »

Just points out, once again, how amazing the The Beach Boys are... When you've been gifted such an amazing song as this: it takes serious effort to mess it up, and they certainly did... The Beach Boys just SANG! and with no real vocal technique other than breathing... Why these idiots can't learn a thing or two from the best example ever is beyond me....
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »

Nice tribute to Al in there ala screwing up the words  Evil

Indeed!  Maybe he heard one too many recordings of Al singing it and couldn't remember the correct way?

And as long as we're ripping on Al, I love how in the 90s he would just repeat the one verse to "Come Go With Me" throughout the whole song.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 01:39:01 PM »

What song did he sing?

'Wouldn't it Be Nice'. And no, it wasn't nice at all.

I feel you guys on the runs...that is something that drives me apeshit. Just because you CAN do certain vocal tricks doesn't mean you SHOULD. I don't have the greatest voice in the world, but I'm a believer in tone and feel versus power.  

Hey, I'll let you guys know if I hear any Beach Boys songs at my Voice audition tomorrow Cool  My speaking voice is shot to hell right now, but as of yet my singing voice isn't affected.

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 01:48:59 PM »

What song did he sing?

'Wouldn't it Be Nice'. And no, it wasn't nice at all.

I feel you guys on the runs...that is something that drives me apeshit. Just because you CAN do certain vocal tricks doesn't mean you SHOULD. I don't have the greatest voice in the world, but I'm a believer in tone and feel versus power.  

Hey, I'll let you guys know if I hear any Beach Boys songs at my Voice audition tomorrow Cool  My speaking voice is shot to hell right now, but as of yet my singing voice isn't affected.

another thing about all those stupid vocal runs, and yet another reason The Beach Boys rule: is all that sort of technique seems to do is remove any personality (what little there might even be) from the singer's voice....
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 01:52:14 PM »

A thing i've learned from experience:

Harmony isn't about tricks, or even messing with production, you can only get it right one way: singing it in tone and "feeling" the pitch "melt together" in your chest.

we've all felt it, that feeling your voice gets when it's perfectly harmonized, you can hear it too it's like a block.

Too bad they can't tell that they totally aren't doing that. Razz

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »

You know, I just tried to imagine Brian trying a bunch of vocal runs, and...I just can't. LOL

Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 02:02:30 PM »

You know, I just tried to imagine Brian trying a bunch of vocal runs, and...I just can't. LOL

Brian would never try because Brian knows where it's at.....

I would LOVE to see him as a guest judge on that show!!!!!!  Grin
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 02:06:42 PM »

I would LOVE to see him as a guest judge on that show!!!!!!  Grin
Or Phil Spector circa 2002 if it was an earlier season...
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:35:38 PM by SMiLE Brianista » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »

Here's how you cover a Beach Boys classic:

http://youtu.be/1QBRwj3kzno
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 02:26:38 PM »

The guy with the speech impediment proves that singing doesn't always get rid of it, ala Mel Tillis, although his impediment seemed to be contagious to the other guys once they got up there. The harmonies weren't bad. The individual leads were horrible.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 02:32:24 PM »

The singing was indeed pretty atrocious - modern singers seem to care more about showing off than singing with feeling (maybe they need a little Murry in their lives?) and really connecting with the song.  It's frustrating to watch clearly talented singers do stuff like this.  And for the love of god, why can nobody on this show seem to remember a few lyrics?  I get that you're trying to learn an unfamiliar (and difficult) melody, arrangement, whatever, but is it really that hard to remember 2 freaking lines?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 02:37:32 PM »

The singing was indeed pretty atrocious - modern singers seem to care more about showing off than singing with feeling (maybe they need a little Murry in their lives?) and really connecting with the song.  It's frustrating to watch clearly talented singers do stuff like this.  And for the love of god, why can nobody on this show seem to remember a few lyrics?  I get that you're trying to learn an unfamiliar (and difficult) melody, arrangement, whatever, but is it really that hard to remember 2 freaking lines?

Well, like you said, all their energy is going into showing off their (barely mastered) technique. What the song is about and the proper feeling to muster are non-considerations, so why bother learning the words?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 02:38:52 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 02:53:54 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:27:08 PM by zatch » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:56 PM »

Found it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ko_6jsRgg

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 03:37:53 PM »

I would LOVE to see him as a guest judge on that show!!!!!! 

In all seriousness, I would love to see Brian as a guest mentor on one of those types of shows.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 04:01:12 PM »

That's a sad reminder just how predictable mainstream pop music has become that these guys chose to sing this song in this particular way.  God forbid they sing this song completely straight with nothing but conviction and power...but no all they wanted to do was squeeze in (very clumsily, I might add) these tiny vocal runs wherever they could fit them.  Lyrics?  Eh, who cares!  I just want to see where in this song I can show off.  Too bad they didn't realize that the song is a tough one as it is---there was no need to "sweeten" it up with vocal gymnastics.  Subtlety is completely lost in music today.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 04:12:40 PM »

This is completely off-topic here but I just wanted to point out that Billy's new avatar cracked me up!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »

I can't stop watching this thing.... These guys are all blaming the speech impediment guy (BTW, the only one of them to attempt singing with any emotion) for not blending properly on the harmonies while each one of them miffed the words horrendously yet no one even mentions that!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:26:49 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 04:20:30 PM »

Maybe I should consider myself lucky as someone in the UK that I can't watch this. Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx