gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 05:32:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everyday  (Read 3954 times)
Lonelysea30
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:42:13 AM »

I don't think a day goes by where I don't listen to the beach boys.  As some point in a given day I will listen either by car,stereo or iPod. I like other artists too, but it's not the same.  Any of u guys like this too or am I lil weird?
rogerlancelot
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 07:51:05 AM »

Sometimes I enjoy listening to my tv while I watch my radio whilst smoking the wrong end of a pipe. And that is perhaps one of the more ordinary of my leisure activities. Next month I want to drive to Hawaii. You have to be very careful when you are shoplifting at WalMart because you could get into trouble.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 11:09:42 AM »

I don't think a day goes by where I don't listen to the beach boys.  As some point in a given day I will listen either by car,stereo or iPod. I like other artists too, but it's not the same.  Any of u guys like this too or am I lil weird?
An apt definition for being a fan(atic), I guess. I'd say the majority of SmileySmile users feel that way.  Smiley
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 01:36:24 PM »

I don't think it's weird.  If that's the weirdest thing you do, congratulate yourself.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 01:45:05 PM »

More than a lil' weird. These days I only listen to the BB when...

1 - there's a new release...
2 - I'm researching something...
3 - I'm being paid to.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 01:56:18 PM »

I own about 4,000 CDs and vinyl records. Just a few hundred of those are by The Beach Boys. But I spend more time listening to The Beach Boys than to the rest of my collection combined.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 01:58:34 PM by shelter » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »

Everyday as well! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lonelysea30
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2013, 02:49:18 PM »

Good to see I'm not the only weirdo!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2013, 02:54:32 PM »

You're not weird at all; just ask Sean Lennon. Cheesy

For years after I became hooked on The Beach Boys, I listened to them every day. Getting ready for work in the morning, in my car, just relaxing, or later, while on the computer posting messages. It's part of being a diehard!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 02:57:28 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 05:12:31 PM »

How boring would life be to have nothing about which to feel a passion about, a sport, a hobby, etc.? Every day I have this great gift of this music, and despite life's ups and downs, it never lets me down.  Whether I feel like listening to a vintage concert, finding some treasures on YouTube, (I have a old mid to late seventyish show, a terrible quality video, but with Charles Lloyd, Carl doing Feel Flows, and I'm on the treadmill.)

Dennis is asking if "anyone has ever been in love," for Surfer Girl intro, and closes by saying that it's the greatest honor for him to be in front of the audience.   And the closest thing to perfection is to be "up here to sing for you." This is as he sings You Are So Beautiful. 

It makes my day to find an online gem such as this.  If you bring music to yourself everyday, you will always be happy, and that's my philosophy.  So, "everyday" listen to what you love, and makes your heart sing. 

I think you have the right idea!   Wink
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 05:47:35 PM »

Every damn day. My friends and family finally accept it, though, so I guess I'm lucky
Sandeve
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2013, 12:56:55 PM »

I've listened to pretty much nothing else but the Beach Boys for the last 5 months, much to my other half's annoyance  Smiley I think many people go on a kick; sometimes it lasts for a few weeks, sometimes for months. I'm pretty happy with my current kick, it's giving me the chance to revisit albums I'd not listened to in a few years.  However much I love a particular band there's always times when I don't listen to them for ages, then go back to them with fresh ears. Funny how you seem to hear something new every time you go back.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:59:21 PM by Sandeve » Logged
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »

I listen to the Boys' everyday, especially to and from work in the car. The music always gives me a lift no matter how many years have past listening to them. I've been listening to them for 49 years and it never gets old.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lonelysea30
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2013, 02:40:05 PM »

This is good news for me, glad to see others have the same passion I do for a band, who in many eyes seem uncool.  I've got a lot of my buddies listening more, a cousin of mine is a huge classic rock fan and knew none of the 68-73 stuff.  He's really liking it now, thanks to me
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2013, 03:24:08 PM »

i admit taking it too far and listening almost exclusively to the beach boys. it's an auto thing, i must force myself to listen to something else. when i do hear it, i remember how much better the beach boys were and switch back. sux for all dat other music!
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2013, 07:09:19 PM »

I go through phases, but usually I don't listen to the beach boys every day. too much good music, its impossible to absorb all the good music in the world(unless you are Ian Wagner.) Smiley
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:59 PM »

I go through phases, but usually I don't listen to the beach boys every day. too much good music, its impossible to absorb all the good music in the world(unless you are Ian Wagner.) Smiley

Ha! I'm still workin' on it! Just discovered some newer acts I hadn't given a big chance yet, such as MGMT. In the course of listening through every song to ever make the Billboard Hot 100 from 1955 through 1979, I am finding a lot of cool things I hadn't heard. Hopefully I'll eventually get to hear everything cool...but not till my last day.
As for The Beach Boys, I generally get to hear at least a couple of their albums every month, and stray tracks throughout, as I dig the random on the iPod in the car and I have the whole official catalogue in there.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 07:31:33 PM »

who the hell is ian wagner?

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
Lonelysea30
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »

I like a lot of music don't get me wrong, most people think I'm crazy to love all early tom waits catalogue, some good stuff there. I find it difficult to find new bands to get into but, I mostly like 60's 70's stuff.  But like the other guy cabinessence said I always revert back to the beach boys
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 08:11:30 PM »

Ask your mama.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2013, 09:15:12 PM »

I think it's a little weird that you thought this would be an interesting topic.   Evil

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 10:26:16 PM »

I can't remember the last time I did listen to The Beach Boys.  It's definitely been several months.  Don't get me wrong, I love the band but there's so much other cool stuff to listen to that I haven't already played thousands of times.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 02:29:27 AM »

More than a lil' weird. These days I only listen to the BB when...

1 - there's a new release...
2 - I'm researching something...
3 - I'm being paid to.

If people wish to pay me to listen to their Beach Boys music for them I'll gladly except their business. My highly competitive rates just can't be beat.*

* Apart from SIP. That one would cost you big time.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 02:31:12 AM »

Ask your mama.

This guy (unless his parents really named him I.Spaceman).

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2013, 07:53:52 AM »

Ask your mama.

This guy (unless his parents really named him I.Spaceman).

KOFF

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx