gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680828 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 05:08:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: missed the boat?  (Read 22730 times)
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2014, 03:08:23 PM »

Thankfully he results in such threads being locked for the good of humanity Smiley))
Mujan, 8@$+@Rc| of a Blue Wizard
Smiley Smile Associate

SMiLE is America: Infinite Potential Never Reached

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2014, 03:16:17 PM »

Are you working through the board's archive posts chronologically or at random?

Little of both. Seeing what's been said...adding my input. That's...that's okay isn't it?

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE
Dumb Angel (Olorin Edition)>HERE
Dumb Angel [the Romestamo Cut]>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
The American Metropolitan Circus>HERE
[
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:40 PM »

Only the one's that are SMiLE related.  I think Mujan is up to over 200 in the past week... Got a ways to go yet.  Billy can't lock them all.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:54 PM »

Thankfully he results in such threads being locked for the good of humanity Smiley))

Yes, because you played absolutely no part in that back and forth at all... Roll Eyes

Here are my SMiLE Mixes. All are 2 suite, but still vastly different in several ways. Be on the lookout for another, someday.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

& This is a new pet project Ive worked on, which combines Fritz Lang's classic film, Metropolis (1927) with The United States of America (1968) as a new soundtrack. More info is in the video description.
[
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2014, 03:20:05 PM »

C D is on the Thread, ready to pounce!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2014, 03:22:02 PM »

Only the one's that are SMiLE related.  I think Mujan is up to over 200 in the past week... Got a ways to go yet.  Billy can't lock them all.

I'm genuinely confused...is speaking my peace on some older topics I found interesting frowned upon? I mean, I wasn't here when they were initially brought up and anyone who'd rather stick to the more current discussions going on is free to ignore me. It isn't hard to just keep scrolling and click on something else.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2014, 03:24:23 PM »

Right, anything about Smile, he's digging up the past and pouncing all over it.  First class Smile-o-phile.  Like that's all Brian & The Boys ever did.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2014, 03:28:40 PM »

Right, anything about Smile, he's digging up the past and pouncing all over it.  First class Smile-o-phile.  Like that's all Brian & The Boys ever did.

Yep, it's my favorite album. Lotta interest in talking about it. I never said that's all the boys ever did, just all I feel like discussing at this particular time. And frankly, you're going to look down on me no matter what I say or where I say it, so I don't particularly care whether you approve or not. You're free to, y'know, talk about the other stuff the boys did. Since you're apparently so inclined...

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 03, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »

Yep, it's my favorite album. Lotta interest in talking about it. I never said that's all the boys ever did, just all I feel like discussing at this particular time. And frankly, you're going to look down on me no matter what I say or where I say it, so I don't particularly care whether you approve or not. You're free to, y'know, talk about the other stuff the boys did. Since you're apparently so inclined...

Do as you please: but remember: this is not the Bloo Board ..... Someone along the line might (gasp) stand up for Mike Love or betray signs that they actually are a fan of the guy (!) .... Accept this as a fact and without shock and you'll get along just fine.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: April 03, 2014, 03:49:00 PM »

Do as you please: but remember: this is not the Bloo Board ..... Someone along the line might (gasp) stand up for Mike Love or betray signs that they actually are a fan of the guy (!) .... Accept this as a fact and without shock and you'll get along just fine.

And there you go again accusing me of being a Mike hater...thanks. Like, do you even *read* what I post? Actually, please don't answer. I'd really, Really, REALLY rather not get into the back and forth again. I got nothing against Mike, however he does deserve criticism on certain things. I'm not going out of my way to bring those up or bash him for them...but if they *do* come up, I *will* speak my mind. Period. Put that on the record.

What drives me nuts is how you get so offended if I criticize him AT ALL for anything...and then accuse me of hating on him for the sake of it. Just learn to relax. Please.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 03:50:21 PM by Mujan » Logged

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 03, 2014, 04:12:20 PM »

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 03, 2014, 04:14:12 PM »

And there you go again accusing me of being a Mike hater...thanks. Like, do you even *read* what I post? Actually, please don't answer. I'd really, Really, REALLY rather not get into the back and forth again. I got nothing against Mike, however he does deserve criticism on certain things. I'm not going out of my way to bring those up or bash him for them...but if they *do* come up, I *will* speak my mind. Period. Put that on the record.

What drives me nuts is how you get so offended if I criticize him AT ALL for anything...and then accuse me of hating on him for the sake of it. Just learn to relax. Please.

Yeah? Say that again next time you accuse me of being "Mike's number one cheerleader" or my "blind devotion" to Mike, or "Mike's number one apologist" .... or a member of a Mike loving "circle jerk" ..... for merely questioning your highly inflammatory descriptions of his aggressiveness, abrasiveness, or his "crap" ...... People here are capable of doing basic math, ya know?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:15:07 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #112 on: April 03, 2014, 04:16:23 PM »

Wow. This is messed up, looks like I'm staying out of this one  Roll Eyes
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 03, 2014, 04:19:16 PM »

The only thing I'll pounce upon is: I think it's pretty uncool for anyone trying to muzzle or "accuse" a poster who is politely, without sarcasm or mean-spiritedness, simply chiming in about their thoughts... and I think it's pretty uncool if it gets into some public teasing/taunting of a board member.

Actually going out of your way to take the time to make a post that solely consists of this "ready to pounce" stuff is pretty playground level, don't you think?

IMO, I've generally been pretty polite myself on this board when interacting with other members. Often times more so than the politeness I receive in return.

If someone wants to chime in with a response/question/thought on something of substance regarding what Mujan said, they have every right to of course.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:24:09 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2014, 04:20:47 PM »

"WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn .... Billy Castillo comes to lock a thread, and says......."

Oh, F*ck it!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: April 03, 2014, 04:27:16 PM »

The only thing I'll pounce upon is: I think it's pretty uncool for anyone trying to muzzle someone a poster who is politely, without sarcasm or mean-spiritedness, simply chiming in about their thoughts... and I think it's pretty uncool if it gets into some public teasing/taunting of a board member.

Actually going out of your way to take the time to post this "ready to pounce" stuff is pretty playground level, don't you think?

If someone wants to chime in with a response/question/thought on something of substance regarding what Mujan said, they have every right to of course.

Thanks, man. I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed... Any chance at an actual discussion seems to be dead in the water between people like Mikie who've had it in for me since I got here and the unstoppable duo of Pinder & Cam making every attempt I make to get a conversation going into an overblown argument about Mike Love.

Y'know, I was a lurker for awhile here...I was looking forward to sharing my mix and talking about SMiLE with people who'd know enough to do so intelligently. But more and more I'm seeing that this isn't the place I thought it was. I've gotten some feedback, some very nice PMs, but I think I may have had my fill of this place.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:29:06 PM by Mujan » Logged

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 03, 2014, 04:30:44 PM »

The only thing I'll pounce upon is: I think it's pretty uncool for anyone trying to muzzle someone a poster who is politely, without sarcasm or mean-spiritedness, simply chiming in about their thoughts... and I think it's pretty uncool if it gets into some public teasing/taunting of a board member.

Actually going out of your way to take the time to post this "ready to pounce" stuff is pretty playground level, don't you think?

Thanks, man. I gotta say, I'm a bit disappointed... Any chance at an actual discussion seems to be dead in the water between people like Mikie who've had it in for me since I got here and the unstoppable duo of Pinder & Cam making every attempt I make to get a conversation going into an overblown argument about Mike Love.

Y'know, I was a lurker for awhile here...I was looking forward to sharing my mix and talking about SMiLE with people who'd know enough to do so intelligently. But more and more I'm seeing that this isn't the place I thought it was. I've gotten some feedback, some very nice PMs, but I think I may have had my fill of this place.

"making every attempt I make to get a conversation going into an overblown argument about Mike Love."

Are you serious?Huh

with threads like "Has Mike Love ever taken a tiny bit of responsibility for SMILE's demise"HuhHuh

No, you're not trying to bait the "Mike Lovers" at all..... No way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 04:32:38 PM by Pinder Goes To Kokomo » Logged
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 03, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »

Please don't.

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 03, 2014, 04:35:12 PM »

"making every attempt I make to get a conversation going into an overblown argument about Mike Love."

Are you serious?Huh

with threads like "Has Mike Love ever taken a shred of responsibility for SMILE's demise"HuhHuh

No, you're not trying to bait "Mike Lovers" at all..... No way.

Pinder: One thing I'd like to clarify - I myself, awhile back, started the "Has Mike Love ever taken a shred of responsibility for SMILE's demise" thread for one reason. My intention wasn't to bash Mike.  

I asked because I didn't know the actual answer to the question, and I was curious to know the answer, and to further my understanding on the topic.  I do have my own opinions about the matter, just like you do - but my intention in starting that thread was because I was honestly curious if there was an interview, or even a tiny off the cuff public remark that I had missed along the way. No BS. That was the reason. You may not believe it, but I *want* to find real, legit reasons to like Mike more, and I truly desire for the public at large to gain a more balanced view of him. I think the Youtube haters are nuts.

I figured the people on this board could answer the question. Some fans here have been around for decades longer than me, so I figured if anyone would know, it would be people here.

It's a touchy topic, yes. And I've gained lots of knowledge about the topic on this board - and I've also gained a deeper understanding of nuances of the time due to various topics on this board.

In other words, my feelings about Mike have improved and have become more balanced over time as a result of reading intelligent conversation on this board.

Even if we still don't see eye to eye, I would think that you would be of the opinion that this is a good thing to have happened?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 05:53:19 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: April 03, 2014, 04:39:10 PM »

Are you serious?Huh

with threads like "Has Mike Love ever taken a tiny bit of responsibility for SMILE's demise"HuhHuh

No, you're not trying to bait the "Mike Lovers" at all..... No way.

I honestly wasn't. If you actually read my original reply to the thread you'd see I wasn't baiting anyone. You're just...really, really sensitive about Mike.

But, I've had enough of this sh!t, I think. Peace out, y'all.

Aquarian SMiLE>HERE

[
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2014, 04:40:22 PM »

Am I missing something, why are so many people viewing this thread right now

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2014, 05:31:03 PM »

Smile has been released, in several iterations. I'm not sure what the point is about debating what it would have done back in the '60s, particularly by people born decades after the fact and especially those who seem to have little taste for music other than Smile or little interest in researching the musical history of that era.

There was once a board devoted to Smile. Maybe someone should start a new one if they are that interested, or write a blog about it and invite comments. It has to be understood that a lot of folks posting on this board have been reading about this for decades. There is fatigue that sets in.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »

I have no problems with board members using the search function and posting in old threads. I would actually prefer they do that! as for the  "Has Mike Love ever taken a tiny bit of responsibility for SMILE's demise" thread.. Well that's a leading question and if not intended to inflame and incite debate over a well worn topic then it could of been asked 400 ways in different manner.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2014, 05:58:15 PM »

I have no problems with board members using the search function and posting in old threads. I would actually prefer they do that! as for the  "Has Mike Love ever taken a tiny bit of responsibility for SMILE's demise" thread.. Well that's a leading question and if not intended to inflame and incite debate over a well worn topic then it could of been asked 400 ways in different manner.

I honestly was wondering what the answer was to that question when the question popped into my head - so I ask you the honest question: in what manner could I have entitled the thread that wouldn't be considered "leading"?

If there's a better title for that thread that's less "leading", let me know and I'll actually edit that thread's title.

Or is there no way to ask the question in any shape or form without it being considered "leading"? I really don't know that there is, but if there is I'm honestly all ears.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 03, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »

I honestly was wondering what the answer was to that question when the question popped into my head - so I ask you the honest question: in what manner could I have entitled the thread that wouldn't be considered "leading"?

If there's a better title for that thread that's less "leading", let me know and I'll actually edit that thread's title.

Or is there no way to ask the question in any shape or form without it being considered "leading"? I really don't know that there is, but if there is I'm honestly all ears.
You could search any number of threads that touch on the topic. Or you could title the thread "SMiLE's demise Why? What? How?"

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx