gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680716 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 02:41:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Ebay find  (Read 133450 times)
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 05:12:52 AM »

Quite a  novelty item , Barenaked Ladies 'Brian Wilson' cd single signed by B D Wilson

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beach-Boys-Related-Barenaked-Ladies-CD-Single-SIGNED-BY-BRIAN-WILSON-/221196119722?pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item338050eeaa
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 05:51:42 AM »

Cool!

I recently saw an ad for a photograph of BW, pretty large format, and one of the finest I know of him: the B/W portrait where he's dressed very smart and looks serious (but not depressed), made by Guy Webster, with an autograph of his, authenticated and all.

€ 99.00.

I was tempted... if only I could print my own cash.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2013, 06:02:21 AM »

Cool!

I recently saw an ad for a photograph of BW, pretty large format, and one of the finest I know of him: the B/W portrait where he's dressed very smart and looks serious (but not depressed), made by Guy Webster, with an autograph of his, authenticated and all.

€ 99.00.

I have 8 Brian Wilson autographs. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:21:36 AM by Swedish Frog » Logged

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »

Cool!

€ 99.00.

I have 2. Not bad.

Mendota Heights
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2013, 08:27:54 AM »

Cool!

€ 99.00.

I have 2. Not bad.
But then again, you have more posts than I do. Smiley

I have been dubbed Mr. Pet Sounds and Mr. Country Love by polite and honored board member Smile Brian. I hope I live up to those esteemed titles.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2013, 08:44:34 AM »

Ha ha! At first I thought it said "sh*t owned by Mike Love"

LMAO!!!!!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2013, 08:47:34 AM »

Cool!

€ 99.00.

I have 2. Not bad.
But then again, you have more posts than I do. Smiley

LOL LOL LOL

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

Not mine, but just saw the EYE magazine w/ the BBs cover on Ebay for $11 ifn somebody here is wanting it: 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321122987031     

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 04:43:50 PM »

Nothing similar, except it's on EBay, but saw this  Brian poster for sale there today: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRIAN-WILSON-24X36-POSTER-PRINT-/390143592754

I especailly enjoyed the description( I added the BOLD Highlighting to the two sentences I liked the most): 

>>24X36 Poster print of: Brian Wilson

This is a truly exceptional item! A high quality poster print measuring 24x36 inches (61x90 cm approx) professionally printed on top quality Fuji archival photographic paper. Our Poster Prints are absolutely stunning and are mostly derived from the original studio photographic negative or transparency, assuring the best clarity and sharpest color detail. This is not an ordinary commercial poster printed on thin art paper, our poster is produced on real photo paper by experienced photographic technicians.We guarantee you will be delighted or your money back. Buy with confidence at Moviestore. We have over 100,000 photographs, posters and lobby cards to choose from, so please browse our store for more of your favorites.  << 

Looks a helluva lot like Disney Boy to me.  Brooooth!

These dumb asses need to do a little Google research before they list and look foolish.

And ya gotta wonder how many people seeing the auction don't know its not Brian!! Oy!

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »

Not mine, but just saw the EYE magazine w/ the BBs cover on Ebay for $11 ifn somebody here is wanting it: 

Eye Yi Yi

They are all wearing Crushed Velvet suits with Fruit Loop colors.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2013, 07:58:35 PM »

Just saw that "Record" by Jules Siegel is up on Ebay: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261270888279

jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2013, 08:30:10 PM »

I remember buying that when it came out!!
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2013, 08:32:59 PM »

I remember buying that when it came out!!

Me too. At Taylor Drugstore in Olathe, KS. Why so specific Cam? I dunno.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 01:29:24 PM »

NOT an Ebay find, but another Auction Site. 

Interesting letter and photo; letter supposedly from Brian; picture of "dennis Wilson" 
Whattayathink?   

http://www.backstageauctions.com/catalog/1010-the-beach-boys-brian-wilson-1966-signed-letter-w-dennis-wilson-photo/ai/0/17596/

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the letter but that picture is 2 girls isn't it? Not Dennis.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »

Great find! Wow, anything candid from 1966-67...fascinating. It sounds like Brian was pretty into setting up a liaison with this girl, whether it was a put-on or not is anyone's guess. A married man writing like this?

Note the handwriting on the back - *that* is Brian's writing no doubt, from all the amateur detective work we've done on things like the ol' Smile tracklist and various handwritten items.

That photo attached to the auction does not at all look like Dennis, there is something wrong with either the description or they're not showing the Dennis photo from the description but rather something else. In fact can't we agree 99.9% if not 110% that the photo shown is not of Dennis?

And what ever happened to the Ed Sullivan booking mentioned in the letter, where Brian was going to meet with Ed in New York? This letter was June '66, the next time they went on Sullivan's show was October 1968, two years later! I wonder what happened with this failed booking in '66?

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 02:31:19 PM »

Great find! Wow, anything candid from 1966-67...fascinating. It sounds like Brian was pretty into setting up a liaison with this girl, whether it was a put-on or not is anyone's guess. A married man writing like this?

Note the handwriting on the back - *that* is Brian's writing no doubt, from all the amateur detective work we've done on things like the ol' Smile tracklist and various handwritten items.

That photo attached to the auction does not at all look like Dennis, there is something wrong with either the description or they're not showing the Dennis photo from the description but rather something else. In fact can't we agree 99.9% if not 110% that the photo shown is not of Dennis?

And what ever happened to the Ed Sullivan booking mentioned in the letter, where Brian was going to meet with Ed in New York? This letter was June '66, the next time they went on Sullivan's show was October 1968, two years later! I wonder what happened with this failed booking in '66?

It can't be Dennis circa '66, that kid doesn't even look like he's pushing 13! And neither does the chick....

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »

Ring on the right hand pinky still makes it a chick in my book.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:41:09 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »

Good luck with that. 

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 06:11:02 PM »

That picture is of two females. Underage looking females at that!  Shocked
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2013, 06:14:01 PM »

Looks like a fake to me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:20:02 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 06:18:43 PM »

Big fake.

I should probably ask the guy who's selling this stuff, if that photo really came with the letter. I'll see if he'll answer  

AND....   Checking with the seller, he said: 
  >>This is the actual photo that came with the letter. The photo was paper clipped to the envelope containing the letter.
 That is about all I know about it. I just sent it to Backstage Auctions as it was found with the other fan mail.  << 

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:47:28 PM by bgas » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 07:21:15 PM »

If Backstage Auctions is listing that lot as containing a Dennis Wilson photo, they have some revising to do. Quick.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 07:34:58 PM »

If Backstage Auctions is listing that lot as containing a Dennis Wilson photo, they have some revising to do. Quick.

Yeah, I suggested the seller should contact Backstage and have them do a revision. The auction IS only in previews right now, tho, and hasn't actually begun; so I suppose they have time to change it. 

Surfs Down
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »

now THIS is a cool BBs t-shirt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-RARE-ORIGINAL-1971-THE-BEACH-BOYS-SURFS-UP-RINGER-T-SHIRT-LP-Concert-M-/380463482809?pt=Vintage_Unisex_T_Shirts&hash=item58956407b9

Too bad it has some gnarly pit stains
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx