gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:14:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wow...Extreme denial regarding Wrecking Crew replacing Beach Boys  (Read 32232 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2014, 08:16:51 AM »

Hey, since we're partially on the subject of weird PS percussion, I've wondered for decades what the metallic "chik" sound is on the front of and throughout "Caroline No." The one that alternates with the Sparkletts bottle. It kinda sounds like two halves of the top of a metal music stand being clacked together. It's certainly not a tambourine because there are no jingles in the sound.
I will now perform the relevant intro :-)
chik-chik-chik, bubbabubbabubba, chik-chik-chik, bubbabubbabubba, chik-"Where did your long hair go..."
Don't forget to tip your waitress.
Anyone?

I've always thought it was a tambourine being struck with a woodblock (or vice-versa). The tambourine can be held and struck in a certain way as to not rattle. But I'll listen again...

Just listened again through headphones...definitely a tambourine (you can tell by the decay, even though it's rattle-less). Held still in one hand and struck with a woodblock, I'd wager.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx