gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:28:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ‍  (Read 2179 times)
zachrwolfe
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:11:44 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:28:22 PM by zatch » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 09:59:12 AM »

Very nice on first listen.  It could use someone with more of a bass voice in the harmonies.  Or you can go lower than that, right?  I'll listen again.  Are you double tracking the lead?  Musically it's great.

-Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 10:24:38 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:28:19 PM by zatch » Logged
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 10:47:06 AM »

Okay, gave it a couple more plays.  It's not the bass voice.  You are a little too high on two words: pain and vain.  Making them sound a bit strained.

Man, don't think I've ever been critical on any of your stuff.  I would like it more if you would put in an insert on those two words.  You do each word twice, both times going just a bit too high.  Otherwise you hit all the rest very well.

You're on the road to becoming a recording artist.  You should post some of your own writing.  What I've heard of it is very good.  I've been really busy the past three months, and haven't had as much time to listen to all the SoundCloud musicians.  Now that summer is over I will have more time indoors.  I've got a backlog on commenting on some of the other stuff I've been playing.  I'll get to it soon.  -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 12:47:34 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:28:15 PM by zatch » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 01:41:12 PM »

Lovely, Zach. I'd say five out of five. And now your "Don't Worry, Baby" is playing. Followed by a version by The Bronze Bananas which with all due respect doesn't hold a candle to yours. Following in Will's footsteps, I must check out your own compositions. Man, you're one talented musician!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
zachrwolfe
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2015, 12:28:04 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:28:11 PM by zatch » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx