gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:46:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys publication — Endless Summer Quarterly  (Read 7791 times)
wjcrerar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2017, 12:09:16 PM »

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 05:14:00 AM by wjcrerar » Logged
13thBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 03:21:29 AM »

I would like to see a behind the scenes story about the recording of Getcha Back. I just don't believe that is Brian Wilson on falsetto.

Tbh I've never really got the debate about this one, sounds exactly the same as the tone he was starting to develop on She's Got Rhythm and some of the BW88 stuff (Little Children, There's So Many, Love & Mercy middle eight especially is identical) but obviously multitracked and with a lot of effort put into coaxing a good take out of him. His falsetto in the Love You era sounds better than this to me.

Love You is an album I've never really given a chance to. I will listen to it this weekend. Thank you.

I just noticed Brian kind of went to signing out of the side of his mouth and his voice changed so much in the mid to late 80s that it was tough for me to listen to most of his solo work. I love BWPPS and Live at the Roxy but more for the music and energy. His 80s stuff has been hard to swallow and then I heard Getcha Back and it was so ... PERFECT.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx