gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:50:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My arrangement of Wendy  (Read 6368 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2005, 05:08:40 PM »

Here's a version of "Wendy" (with a little surprise), done today (vox) and last night (instruments) for a Blueboarders covers album he's going to send to friends.

http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3KKYADWRUYZB0037S9ZH3F88TX

Please let me know what you think--very curious to hear comments.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:25:07 PM »

I like this alot.

Cool Cool Water! Hah!

Cool.

They both fit very well.

I love the harmonies. The voices (all you?) sound real nice.

What do you record on/with?

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:32:36 PM »

The arrangement is mine. Instrumental tracks were done last night (between online convos with Jason and Ian) by me, except bass (done by my bassist) and harmonica (done today, only in the build-up chords from Wendy, done by my keyboardist).

Vocals are me and my singer. He does the verses. Everything else is the two of us (except the bass vox, which are my keyboardist).

The stuff I did at home is on an old version of Cakewalk Pro Audio, which I still use to demo stuff. The other stuff, done at a U of MN recording studio we use, was on Digital Performer.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 07:42:54 PM »

Groovy.

I've got it on repeat.

It's really quite enjoyable and the simplicity of the instrumentation (though not the arrangements) is relaxing and comforting.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 07:54:57 PM »

You're certainly welcome to more, if you like.

Here's an original by my keyboardist, with big-a$s vocal arrangements by the two of us. It hasn't undergone a real mix yet...
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=13YR3GY6NSGV434P8DF4UC059Y

And here's an original by me, named after our main local music critic. It sorta rocks a little.
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1YD8GZHPFC8261CKD2A7UQDTR0

And here's a country-ish one by me and the keyboardist and a crazy guy we know.
http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1U2KRUJ8B98ND3NBZJRSBEH5XH

And I'd be remiss not to note that you can go to www.ellenkayband.com for more of this sort of thing...and a kick-a$s message board where swearing is encouraged.

brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 05:19:33 AM »

Great stuff! An arrangement that isn't just a slavish copy! Lovely harmonies!! This really adds to our appreciation of the song, like revealing something that was there all along that no-one noticed. Sculptors used to say that they had to 'release the image from inside the block of stone', and this is kinda what you've done. Brilliant! Well done! Smiley

BJ

PS. I posted an arrangement of Caroline No here a little while ago, but for some reason only about three people listened to it, but here it is if you fancy a listen... Smiley

http://www.mv2media2.com/mp3_request.m3u?m=download&id=17354&url=/bank/aidoCs/960_Caroline_No.mp3

N.B. YOU MAY HAVE TO RIGHT-CLICK AND SAVE AS... Let me know if the link doesn't work...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2006, 05:22:38 AM by brother john » Logged

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Lester Zombie
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 10:40:01 AM »

Very good, Luther! It has an original twist without trashing the original. Well done indeed.
al
Smiley Smile Associate

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 11:40:54 AM »

Re: Wendy - Nice!!! Really good arrangement, and a very clever blend of the two songs - wouldn't have thought they would go together so that's a good leap of faith you made! I'll make some time to listen to the other tracks! I assume this wil find it's way to Pete Simpson then!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 11:41:35 AM »

I did it for Pete's next compilation at his request, yes.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2006, 11:42:25 AM »

And thanks or the kind words, all.

Dutchie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 12:39:20 PM »

great rendition. Nice to hear 2 songs in 1
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx