gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:43:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December 2013: Exclusive Concert Tribute DVD  (Read 17297 times)
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »

Forgive me if this has been posted, but I didn't see it anywhere yet:

"We invite you to become part of music history as we create The Beach Boys: Exclusive 50th Anniversary World Tour film!

The Beach Boys: Exclusive 50th Anniversary World Tour Tribute Film

We invite you to become part of this once-in-a-lifetime moment in music history, as we create a film which documents The Beach Boys on their 50th anniversary World Concert Tour and their enduring impact on pop culture around the globe. With over 600 hours of footage from 75 legendary shows on four continents at some of the world’s most prestigious venues; as well as rare archive footage; and behind-the-scenes moments with other legendary musicians, critics, record executives, fans, crew, and The Beach Boys themselves. You can come along for the journey as this historic film unfolds.

This film is a solidification of The Beach Boys legacy; a tribute to creative endurance and artistic achievement that crosses all cultural and geographical boundaries. Now you can have a unique and exclusive view as the filmmakers work over the next 12 months to assemble a heartfelt, intimate, and unique perspective of the band that has altered the course of American popular music.

The Beach Boys have reached this 50th year milestone as few bands have ever done, or even imagined. What they leave behind, as captured in this footage and eventually in this film, is a body of work that is indelibly etched in music history and has permeated our popular culture on a global level. This film is not a retelling of “The Beach Boys” story, but a unique portrait of their achievement and this journey and celebration around the world.

Pre-order The Beach Boys: Exclusive 50th Anniversary World Tour Tribute Film, or some of the other unique and one-of-a-kind Beach Boys tour items that will become available at various times during this campaign, and receive bonus footage, behind the scenes sneak peeks of the tour, and the making of the film. Be part of the interactive process of sharing your thoughts with the filmmakers and help them pick specific moments to be used in the film. For example, we may ask you to help us decide which song or interview or trivia should be used, and thus allow the creative process to be open and a collaboration with you. All of this will be done here on our PledgeMusic page, so please visit frequently for updates.

So come join the celebration and be a part of history with us.

Disclaimer This is a collaborative project; the final product will be ready to ship December 2013. Don’t forget to download your digital poster and photos after purchase by clicking on the ‘Updates’ tab to the left."

SOURCE: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thebeachboysfilm

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »

There we go. Now we're talkin'!!  Gotta wait a whole year though.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »

... Phil, are you there? ... Mr Cohen? Mr Cohen? Mr Cohen? ... time to wind up the misery machine and get it pumping for the next 12 months ...
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 10:36:11 AM »

I usually don't like pre-ordering stuff so far in advance, but I went ahead and bit on the Blu-ray package. Sounds like an interesting project.

That being said, I'll also quickly state the obvious cranky comment that while a complicated, collaborative project is cool, an additional much more simple project they could do without soliciting input and actual work from fans is a simple complete release of a show on DVD/Blu-ray.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 11:24:09 AM »

Thanks for the head's-up!  This certainly sounds quite promising.  And boy, what a nice treat for Beach Boys fans come next Christmas season, huh?

Consider, Made in California and now this, both headed our way in 2013.  Of course, there has been mention made of a live album, too.

Toss in the potential for a reunion show or two and perhaps an LP of all new material (Rock and Roll / My Life Suite ?) and at the very moment that things seemed to be returning to the status quo, with momentum from the 50th finally waning, we have been given so much more to look forward to.  Pretty cool, if you ask me.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 11:25:52 AM »

Jude, soliciting input regarding best selection of songs and venues is good. Also video quality/location and sound quality. Some shows were better than others (i.e. selected dates in the U.S., UK, and Japan). We also need a good comprehensive setlist (i.e. songs like Darlin' which were left off the first half of the tour). What better source for this information than the fans and the band members themselves? Solicitation of sources and opinions is a good thing!   Smiley

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »

I sure hope to see one of the performances of "Summer's Gone" wind up on this release.  That, and special attention given to searching out the very best rendition of "Good Vibrations" to be found.

You know, among a hundered other things.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 11:32:55 AM »

Hmmmmm… need to know more… there's no word as far as I can see as to who's behind this. Brad Elliott? Could be a compilation of YouTube clips for all we know…

“We live in divisive times.”
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2012, 11:39:19 AM »

Well that's more like it...this was the DVD we've wanted.

‘The Beach Boys Concert Tribute’ – DVD or Blu-ray: A two-hour ride through The Beach Boys 2012 world tour featuring footage from shows across the globe + special interviews & extended bonus footage.

But a whole year to wait?  I thought they were already working on it...from the sound of it, they've barely started work on it.

And they're offering us to pay to have our names in the final credits?  LOL  Any way to make a buck!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 11:40:58 AM by Justin » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »

Hmmmmm… need to know more… there's no word as far as I can see as to who's behind this. Brad Elliott?

Ha Ha Ha! I was thinking the same thing.  See the finished product before forwarding funds!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 11:45:17 AM »

Justin, if they haven't seen it already, the setlist archive from this board should be provided to them. Best source on the internet for setlists and reviews on the 50th Anniversary Tour concerts! YOU should be on their credits somewhere, just for the maintainence of it alone!  Helluva job.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

You're very kind Mikie!  I have to admit that I had a great time putting that all together and I never noticed the work for it because it was a damn exciting time for all of us.  Such great days!  If the powers that be need any help or consulting in this proejct--I'd be more than happy to offer my services! Cool
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2012, 12:43:56 PM »

600 hours of footage?!
OH MY GOD YES!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »

Hmmmmm… need to know more… there's no word as far as I can see as to who's behind this. Brad Elliott?

Ha Ha Ha! I was thinking the same thing.  See the finished product before forwarding funds!

Well the clip is Marc Bennett, who is behind the live DVD already released.

A 2 hour package from 600 plus hours of filming?

I'm sounding a bit negative. I better take a phil......I mean pill.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 01:52:15 PM »

600 hours of footage?!
OH MY GOD YES!

Yeah, I wondered about that.   Maybe they intended o say "with 600 hours of . . . . . to choose from . . . "Huh
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »

awesome
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 07:10:35 PM »

Couple of interesting posts on the BW site about this project.......

micro77s

Posted Today at 05:41 PM

If they needed Mike Love to step forward and personally fund That’s Why God Made The Radio, then they need to do this also.

Perhaps need isn’t the right word.  It’s more like want.

I am close to folks within The Doobie Brothers organization, and they have an in-house code term for funding everything they do -- O P M -- i.e., ‘other people’s money’ ...
That way, they can continue to do projects in this New Frontier of economic and music business drought and still maintain their previous rock star lifestyles.

I don’t blame them one bit.  I make music for a living and I have to do the same thing.  If I were in The Beach Boys and needed to maintain that standard of living, these are the kinds of things I would suggest doing.  It’s just the world we live in now.  Everyone has to tighten the belt one way or another.  What’s nice about this method is that it’s like going public on the stock exchange -- now we can all feel like we’re more a part of what they do and be rewarded accordingly.  That can be a nice payoff sometimes ~~ : )

Al Forsyth

Posted Today at 09:35 PM

Marc is the guy who was recording the shows this past year and was talking to the fans outside of the Beacon, interviewing us.  He said that he was making his own "Last Waltz", figuring that this was in fact their swan song but was connecting it to the fans as well.  They were in the room recording the concert the night before and were about to go in and record the second night.  They did their work and looks as though they are looking for funding to front the project so that it can be done correctly. 

They were great in conducting their interviews. We got Probyn into the line for an interview and he was grand.  I would say it's real folks, as he was definitely the man there doing the interviews and filming the shows.  Looks as though this is his way of looking for backing.

Heywood
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »

"Last Waltz" type treatment sounds promising, as long as Mike doesn't get to be Robbie and they remember there are others in the band!

Done properly and coupled with a full "Live at Royal Albert Hall" would be a nice legacy.

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 10:59:35 PM »

Has anyone signed up yet?  Sounds cool but I'm a little leery.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 11:17:50 PM »

I pledged the $3 for the poster and digital downloads.

The poster was an 11x17 PDF ad for the Live in Concert DVD that came out last month.  An exact duplicate of the DVD artwork--nothing special.  The few images were some backstage shots of the equipment, the marquee to the Chicago Theatre and one shot of Mike and Brian from the back wearing personalized sports jerseys. 

The one thing that looked very promising was an actual clip they posted of Russ Regan explaining how he came up with the band's name.  The clip looked pretty good (aesthetically, I mean).  You could clearly hear Marc directing and asking questions in the background.  From the looks of it, the whole film will be very respectfully done.  Too early to tell, I know, but I have a hunch it will be a bit more sophisticated than the Live In Concert DVD we got.  But anyone could have probably guessed that!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 11:38:34 AM »

I look forward to a very well done project as most here have wanted but a few points as I see it.

Unless we get a decent vocal mix with only minor magic dust sprinkled, I will be dissapointed. Sure, 'The Last Waltz' had most of the instruments added later but lets not go overboard. The Live C50 DVD experience with Marc Bennett does not bode well though.

For $3 you get a cheap poster? On the wall in front of me now is $10 C50 poster full size and now laminated. The clips? Put them on youtube for anyone to see as a commercial.

For myself, I'd pay $100 later for a nice concert DVD/ CD combo. More if a ton of bonus footage could be included. 
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »

Sure, 'The Last Waltz' had most of the instruments added later 

That's a myth. All of the bass was rerecorded, however, and some of the horns and keyboards.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 12:58:47 PM »

Hmmmmm… need to know more… there's no word as far as I can see as to who's behind this. Brad Elliott? Could be a compilation of YouTube clips for all we know…

All looks a bit odd to me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:02:01 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »

Yeah, not sure this thing is really "official"...

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 01:09:18 PM »

Yeah, not sure this thing is really "official"...

It was posted by The Beach Boys on Facebook...

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx