-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:40:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Sandy Hook Elementary School Shootings
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shootings  (Read 64901 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »

RIP to all the lives lost.
26 people, including 20 children.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting_n_2300831.html
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:04:06 PM by Letsgoawayforawhile » Logged

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 12:12:07 PM »

Atrocious.  I want to puke.  I'm praying for the families and the kids and teachers that will have to deal with these horrible scars.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 01:27:32 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yeA_kHHLow

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 01:41:25 PM »

This is just sick. Innocent children whose lives are taken away by two psychos. Parents should be buying presents for their kids not planning their funeral!

This pic is just sad

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 02:59:55 PM »

A guy in Japan slashed 20 kids with a knife today as well!

WTF???
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

This sh*t has to end at some point....

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »

evil exists.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 02:56:47 PM by Bean Bag » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 12:09:31 AM »

So messed up. It's just a parents worst nightmare.... Hell it's everyone's. My heart goes out to them.

Erik - no one died in that China attack, thank god.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 02:23:23 AM »

American culture is addicted to tragedies. We're like a depressed person who cuts himself in order to feel something. We want to feel grief, we want to feel some type of release, we want to react, we want to be outraged, and at this point it's really the hysteria, the vigils, the media coverage, and the political crocodile tears that most contribute to the environment in which this type of thing so frequently happens.

The weird sense of excitement that I saw in so many people's eyes today was really unnerving.

Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 11:17:53 AM »

Not so long ago I read that who do these kill-many-people-at-once things are total failures in life, or losers; they hate all the humankind & blame them for their own miseries. I can't agree with this theory since there are many people who are unhappy but they don't commit numerous murders. I'm sure, the reason is in something else. Generally, it's a big exaggeration when people complain about how they are unlucky in everything etc. Everyone is lucky but in different ways. And, I dare say it's not that difficult to find out in what you have luck if use the method of exception naming to yourself all those notions, f.ex. wealth, health, career etc.

So, the conclusion is that killing people only makes it worse. Not only you destroy those people's families but also make your conscience eat you inside, so to speak.

Finally, I send my sincere condolences to those whose relatives & friends died in the incident. No one deserves to end their lives like this, especially at such a young age. Just imagining that they were preparing for the holiday season, smiling & joking, makes me feel very sad.

Well, I think it's key that these people generally kill themselves basically in the act itself.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »

It's amazing to think of how evil the world can be...

I can't even believe a mentally disabled person would do THIS. This is just disgusting.

grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 09:01:25 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7EZCK-QtBY

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 10:19:57 AM »

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:22:57 AM by rockandroll » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2012, 06:14:16 AM »

I keep reading about this in the news and welling up. Just before Christmas, goddammit.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
musicismylife101
Smiley Smile Associate

The introverted phlegmatic ecapist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 02:15:35 PM »

Tragic Sad And since Newtown's so close to us, my school is taking security precautions. Some people were even afraid to go to school today.

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:10 PM »

I'm terrified for my 4 year old nephew who just started school today.

- Dr. Seuss
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 03:53:48 PM »

This puts your video in more perspective!!
Pull your head in!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzcbXi1Tkk

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »

Repeal second amendment.  Start again from there.  Some drastic changes need to take place.  I say this as a parent, a professional school employee, and as military veteran.   Other western countries do fine without having the right to arm bears.  Hope this is not seen as an offensive opinion but if so, so be it.   At this point in my life, I must speak out regardless of what others think.   Perks of being older. Peace to you all.
Jason
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2012, 07:51:37 PM »

Yeah...if you want a civil war, go ahead and push for the repeal of the Second Amendment. See how far you get. Good to know that the liberal community is loving the political push this tragedy has led to. You're despicable...lower than whale sh*t. See, I also must speak out regardless of what others think. Not an illusory perk of age, but I'm gonna goshdarn well say it.
Jason
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2012, 07:58:40 PM »

And in between your crocodile tears why don't you show compassion for the thousands of innocent children that have been murdered abroad by the same regime whose leader "weeps for the dead"?
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:19 PM »

Yeah...if you want a civil war, go ahead and push for the repeal of the Second Amendment. See how far you get.

A civil war also erupted when they tried to end slavery. I'm not for repealing the Second Amendment, but that's hardly an argument in favour of it.

Good to know that the liberal community is loving the political push this tragedy has led to.

Come off it. Let me ask you this: do you think that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 that it was inappropriate to find out why the attacks happened?

Let me ask you another question: Do you seriously believe that it is strictly "the liberal community" that has made this event political, particularly when faced with the fact that the opposite has been the case on this thread?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:21:12 PM by rockandroll » Logged
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 08:00:51 PM »

And in between your crocodile tears

Whose crocodile tears?
Jason
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 08:47:51 PM »

Come off it. Let me ask you this: do you think that in the immediate aftermath of 9/11 that it was inappropriate to find out why the attacks happened?

Let me ask you another question: Do you seriously believe that it is strictly "the liberal community" that has made this event political, particularly when faced with the fact that the opposite has been the case on this thread?

It wasn't inappropriate to find out why the attacks happened. What was inappropriate was blaming the attacks on a false issue. 9/11 was blamed on "radical Muslims who hate freedom", not the failures of foreign policy. This tragedy is being blamed on guns, not the failures of people around this deranged psychopath to find help for him.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 08:59:26 PM »

Considering we already have a big prison problem in the US, an overabundance of tragic conflicts between innocent citizens and brazen police officers, and a systemic inequality within our legal system where laws are abused by the state to punish the poorest and weakest members of our society simply for being poor and weak, it seems misguided to want to enforce a ban on the hundreds of millions of guns in the United States considering the increase in police power such a prohibition would undoubtedly entail.

I think we should stop ignoring the "school" part of "school shootings", maybe it's the environment created by public schools that we should take a second look at, our desire to "socialize" children institutionally via Government controlled schools. Maybe the role that these places play in the lives of young people is what needs to be reexamined.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: