gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:39:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Good King Wenceslas  (Read 984 times)
SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »

Hello Smiley Smile Message Board! I've not been around these forums for a while now, since the 50th tour wound down, really. But I wanted to pop back in to say hello and to shamelessly plug my arrangement of the traditional festive tune: Good King Wenceslas, from my new Christmas EP, Here Comes Christmas. It felt appropriate to post it here, since my music is quite heavily influenced by Brian's work (particularly the SMiLE era stuff).

Anyway guys, I hope you enjoy the song. The rest of the EP can be found in the usual places. Spotify, YouTube, Soundcloud.

Good King Wenceslas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7dcxeCg6ss

Merry Christmas! Smiley

SgtTimBob
Smiley Smile Associate

Music Maker Extrodonaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:10:01 AM »

Thank you very much! Always appreciate positive feedback.

This is one of those old, old, old Christmas carols that is usually sung about 4x slower than my version by a full choir, which makes it drag out to over 12 minutes in some cases, haha. Regardless I liked the melody and whenever I cover an existing piece I try to change it as dramatically as possible, to give it my own flavour. In this case that meant bringing the tempo up to a lively pace and playing around with bouncier rhythms. Something about crazy pizz strings and enthusiastic cello sounds seemed to lend itself to the tune.

Glad you liked it, anyway. Cheers! Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx